MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Well, I'm out....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always said; "If you can't Sell The Product, Goodwill is Still FREE, Still Popular and Your Customers will always Remember that "

I hope GM and their Dealers understand that.

Comment

Got a good price on my F car last fall. Now carless for the season. I have been tempted by recent price drops on F and P cars.

Comment

Originally posted by First Vette View Post

Tom - I'm sorry to hear about your brother. It's clear you had a great relationship with him. Wishing you many great memories in the Cayman.
        Thank you Sir, I appreciate your kindness,
        Tom

Comment

Life is short. I got my deposit back today after 8 months of being told "we don't have any information".

I started purchasing new, from-the-dealer, european mid engine exotics in 1996 and in 2019 was on the verge of a new purchase of one when I heard about the new mid-engine Corvette. So I decided to give Chevrolet a shot. I've ordered new cars from other manufacturers, and figured with Chevy's volume, everything would be second nature to them, well-practiced.

It developed over time, my sense that this is a very poorly-run business. The 'communicate with the customer' part, they put no priority on it. The Sales function of the business is the funnel that leads to more money for the dealer, and the fact that they have no Sales function leads me to believe, I may be treated poorly after the car shows up. The manufacturer 100% approves of giving its dealer no information and for the dealer to relay that to the customer, "sorry we have no information." That is a guaranteed way to kill the reputation of the business, "sorry we don't know anything".

Of COURSE they know something. They're the manufacturer.

After calling Chevy/GM directly today, giving them my order number, and still no info from the leadership of the business as to their builds this year, specifically the order I placed 8 months ago, I bailed. "I'm sorry sir, your order was accepted by the system but that's all I can tell you."

The exotic I was going to buy is still available in the new model year, which is what I'll be sticking with.

The other risk I thought of was, seeing that Sales is the entry point, the funnel of money for a dealer over the 'lifetime of the customer', and that they are really disorganized about their Sales part, I decided their manufacturing is most likely going to be really disorganized too.

Usually you might find a top Sales function in a business, then if the business is poorly run, a disappointment after the Sales with the product. But these folks cannot even get the Sales right.

I feel it was a warning, the zero communication over the past 8 months, and it is a huge relief not to be stuck with something that may not turn out so well. The worst thought was, they're going to stick me with a one-year-old model vehicle. The company has been around long enough, surely they know better.

When they started leaking stuff like this, back in March, I figured "wow - they can't even give me a build date - and their business is releasing 2021 model year options."
          https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2020...#comment-73702

Comment

Sorry there is no playbook for a world wide pandemic that shuts down the entire US economy for several months that any corporation could look back on to see what the best path of action would be.

with outbreaks and flareups etc possible less information on expectations would be the safer path to take than to just assume the restart would be seamless.

i want to know too when my c8 gets delivered but intellectually I understand thats not possible just yet.

best guess today and it does annoyingly does change daily if not hourly..

take your last tpw and add 70 days is about the best we ve got so far...

best wishes and I hear you this has been annoying as heck...

ive only bought and ordered new cars over the past 43 years...

this has been like chinese water torture...
            Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Originally posted by CVII View Post

Thank all of you for the good thoughts, however, he passed last September. I miss him dearly and still have issues with his passing. He was a car person also, Porsche was his brand. He gave me his pristine Guards Red Cayman S, never seen a rain drop. The first time I detailed the car my tear drops were on the hood.
              This Forum is great, the individuals that Post here are funny, honest and sincere. Although I did not get a C8, I still enjoy the Forum and love Corvettes. Hang in there, I hope all who got their cars enjoy them and those waiting I hope they come ASAP.
              Thanks again,
              Tom
              Tom, sorry to hear about your brother. I'm glad you have his Guards Red Cayman S, so you still have a nice momento to hang on to, that was a part of his life.

Best wishes!

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by pfbz View Post
                First off, this forum has been great. It has been an indispensable resource for accurate info and a great community that I'm glad I was a part of... Thanks to the founders, moderators, and members for such a great forum!

But after the strike delay, the covid delay, my sales manager whom I placed a deposit with leaving the dealership and more or less being told by the new management at the dealer to FO on getting my car at the previously agreed MSRP and in deposit-placed order, I'm out. Just seems like it wasn't meant to be...

Maybe I'll still grab one once the dust settles, early production quality issues are resolved, and full speed production resumes. In the mean time, I took delivery on another Porsche today instead, a pre-owned 991 Turbo S, for fairly close to what the C8 I spec'ed was going to run.

Best of luck, I'll probably still lurk on midenginecorvetteforum for a while and see how things go. Wave if you see me in the canyons or at the track!

Click image for larger version Name:	991 Turbo S 2 - 1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.85 MB ID:	147801
                I have a great deal on a 2018 Cayman718 if anyones looking ! Click image for larger version

Name:	20200305_153824pp.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	148072

Comment

Well fill us in even though we are corvette guys...

give us the details....in conversation you never know what other guys or friends are looking for..

have fun with that beautiful new ride
                  Last edited by JB; 05-22-2020, 08:49 PM.
                  Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Congrats on the new purchase ... That is one pretty Porsche ... I too am now just a lurker lol

Comment

Originally posted by MoreSunnyDays View Post
                      Life is short...
                      Wow. Talk about a lot of assumptions! May be treated poorly... Most likely going to be really disorganized... Stuck with something that may not turn out well...

This sounds like the definition of living in fear! After owning six Corvettes and one Camaro Z28, I’ve never had any issues receiving courteous and prompt service from any of the Chevy dealers or Chevy Service Departments I’ve dealt with (not that I often go back for service, as my Corvettes have all been extremely reliable).

Originally posted by MoreSunnyDays View Post
                      ...and for the dealer to relay that to the customer, "sorry we have no information." That is a guaranteed way to kill the reputation of the business, "sorry we don't know anything". Of COURSE they know something. They're the manufacturer.
                      You didn’t mention what status you were at. Did the dealer ever enter your order into GM Workbench? If they didn’t have allocations, and they never entered your order into GM Workbench, then no, GM was not aware of your order.

After placing my C8 order last year, my dealer told me I’d receive a call when my allocation came up. And he did just that, called me on March 12, 2020 to let me know my order was entered into GM Workbench. Called me again on March 17 to let me know I went to Status 2000. And called me again on March 20 to let me know I went to Status 3000. If you’re dealer hasn’t been communicating with you, then either he’s not a reliable dealer, or he didn’t have allocations, or both. But either way, if you weren’t comfortable, it’s best you got out. But be assured, not everyone has had a bad experience.
                      Future: 2020 C8 Z51 3LT Torch Red - 3000 status
                      Current: 2014 C7 Z51 3LT Torch Red
                      Prior: 1992 C4, 1995 C4 2002 C5, 2005 C6, 2010 C6

Comment

I'm not getting mine as well. Dealer failed to put my order in before the shut down. With no explanation. Says I will get a 2021. I have bought eight (8) corvettes since 1998 and each model gets better. There is a dealer in Florida that has three (3) 2020's in stock. I was shocked. They are selling them $10,000 over MRSP. Now I know why they are sitting there. I have not and will not every pay a dime over MRSP. Can anybody tell me when 2021 orders will be accepted? Rumors so far are new colours, strips, options etc. will be coming. Currently own 2017 vert 3LT white with twilight blue package.

Comment

I'm driving these till the house is done and the new Z06 looks like a possible replacement. The garage will hold 6 plus it is quite a spot! Click image for larger version

Name:	20200522_160735.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	148500Click image for larger version

Name:	0321201906_HDR.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	148499

Comment

I have nothing else in mind so as a 3000 person I will wait and see when my number comes up for the HTC. If I get it in Sept or Oct I will still drive it and will most likely go south.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine22 View Post
                              I'm not getting mine as well. Dealer failed to put my order in before the shut down. With no explanation. Says I will get a 2021. I have bought eight (8) corvettes since 1998 and each model gets better. There is a dealer in Florida that has three (3) 2020's in stock. I was shocked. They are selling them $10,000 over MRSP. Now I know why they are sitting there. I have not and will not every pay a dime over MRSP. Can anybody tell me when 2021 orders will be accepted? Rumors so far are new colours, strips, options etc. will be coming. Currently own 2017 vert 3LT white with twilight blue package.
                              My friend bought one and paid the 10 k over same dealer. Click image for larger version

Name:	0407201944_HDR.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	148505

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X