MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

I want your honest opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AirdaleC7 View Post
    I am facing a bit of a dilemma and would appreciate everyone's help. I have a pristine LRG 2014 C7 with 16,000 miles. This car is stunning. I still get people wanting to take pictures of it. Anyway, I have a LRB C8 on order (3000 status as of the start of the flu). I love the C7, but am infatuated with the C8's design and technology.

My question to those of you who have owned a C7 and how have a C8 is this: Is the C8 so very much better than the C7 to make the switch? (It's not about money or depreciation or any other physical consideration). You all are also Corvette people so I value your collective insights. Thank you in advance.
    Not even close !

Comment

Had a 17 GS and the FE design has seen its time IMO. The Z51 C8 is one heck of a bargain. The interior is so much better then any Corvette ...ever . I’ve owned her since the shut down and enjoying every moment. The trans is night and day better then the C7 auto trans. The traction is much better with no loose rear end like the C7 Z06. The only thing is l would like a bit more engine noise at mid throttle. ( easy fix exhaust system ) . At wot the engine sounds great. 6500 rev limit the way the car is geared you get there super quick in first and second gear. It’s bang bang and you are at the speed limit like 2.7 seconds . WOW. Out on a country road is where this car is at home. Down shifts are super fast and a ton of fun. You all will love this car once you get her home. Just don’t spend all your time sitting in the garage looking at her. This car could be your DD and on the weekend be your toy. It’s got you covered in most situations.

Hope this short observation helps with any questions. I don’t think you will miss your C7. I know I don’t. Oh and there is slightly more cabin space for you tall guys. I’m 6’5”and the seat isn’t all the way back.

It’s only going to get more interesting with future models like the GS and Z06. The Z06 should be a one heck of a super car. But not have the price and mechanical issues that seem to come with the territory. Look forward to the next engineering marvel from GM.
      Last edited by MikeC8; 05-22-2020, 07:55 AM.
      RED ,C8. 2LT Z51.black wheels and trim. .... Order status 6000 car is home in garage
      .VIN.1906

Comment

Originally posted by AirdaleC7 View Post
        I am facing a bit of a dilemma and would appreciate everyone's help. I have a pristine LRG 2014 C7 with 16,000 miles. This car is stunning. I still get people wanting to take pictures of it. Anyway, I have a LRB C8 on order (3000 status as of the start of the flu). I love the C7, but am infatuated with the C8's design and technology.

My question to those of you who have owned a C7 and how have a C8 is this: Is the C8 so very much better than the C7 to make the switch? (It's not about money or depreciation or any other physical consideration). You all are also Corvette people so I value your collective insights. Thank you in advance.
        You will be missing out on the world's best performance bargain in history, there is no comparing the C7 and the C8. I had 00007 in 2014, loved it but once the newness wore off I went back to the Europeans and never looked back. Once I received my C8 I sold my Porsche 911 and my wife's Mercedes (Had to buy her a new one, she won't drive the Vette) and never looked back. I am now on the shortlist with a deposit for a Z06 whenever they come out so I get to do the birthing thing again. My advise please please don't get a C8 I want to see as few of them on the road as I can.

Comment

I loved my C7. But the C8 is the winner! Both cars are beautiful designs and garner endless attention. The C8's acceleration, braking, ride, and driver experience are amazing. You feel like you are one with the car as you take it on spirited back road drives. It glides through the twists and turns

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0044.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	148601Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0101.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	4.66 MB
ID:	148602
          Sebring Orange Tintcoat; 2LT; black interior; GT2 seats; front lift adjustable height; performance exhausts; engine appearance; Spectra Gray Tridents; Red Calipers; Orange seat belts;

Comment

I cannot imagine why you would care about a opinion other than your own......but in any case, there is no comparison...... the C8 is a completely different Corvette......

Comment

Originally posted by airdalec7 View Post
              i am facing a bit of a dilemma and would appreciate everyone's help. I have a pristine lrg 2014 c7 with 16,000 miles. This car is stunning. I still get people wanting to take pictures of it. Anyway, i have a lrb c8 on order (3000 status as of the start of the flu). I love the c7, but am infatuated with the c8's design and technology.

My question to those of you who have owned a c7 and how have a c8 is this: Is the c8 so very much better than the c7 to make the switch? (it's not about money or depreciation or any other physical consideration). You all are also corvette people so i value your collective insights. Thank you in advance.
              yes!.......👍. You’re welcome.
              Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

[QUOTE=Baja 405;n148322]

You will be missing out on the world's best performance bargain in history, there is no comparing the C7 and the C8. I had 00007 in 2014, loved it but once the newness wore off I went back to the Europeans and never looked back. Once I received my C8 I sold my Porsche 911 and my wife's Mercedes (Had to buy her a new one, she won't drive the Vette) and never looked back. I am now on the shortlist with a deposit for a Z06 whenever they come out so I get to do the birthing thing again. My advise please please don't get a C8 I want to see as few of them on the road as I can.[/QUOTE]

Feel the same way, except a little more accepting of others, I just don’t want to see a C8 built “like” mine.
                Last edited by Husker; 05-24-2020, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200410_105724897b.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	148691Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200410_105659493_HDRb.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.04 MB ID:	148690Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200410_105713477_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.74 MB ID:	148687I've been visiting this forum for some time, long before the C8 was revealed, and I created an account just so I could answer this question. I have owned Corvettes for 25 years and each generation keeps getting better and better, so I knew out of the gate that the C8 would have to be better than the C7. My previous Corvette was a 2017 coupe and when I got it I was blown away by the styling, the handling, the practicality, suspension, power, everyday driveability, etc. I could go on an on about what a great car it was, but in 2019 I was intrigued at the prospect of a mid-engine Corvette so I put down a deposit on a 2LT C8 and waited a year for it to be built and shipped to me. How crazy is that, I never drove one or saw one in person so I had high expectations.

From the moment I received my C8 in early April I was in love. First of all, while the car may sometimes look ungainly in photos it's physically striking in person, the impression of the entire cabin being moved forward creates an entirely different design dynamic, where the C7 was sort of laid back, the C8 seems to be pushing forward. For a Corvette afficionado it's very odd to see such a short hood on the car, but overall the proportions are balanced, with each part of the car flowing into the next in these lovely curves and planes that pictures can't seem to capture. It's like they took the sharp creases of the C7 and softened them out a little and stretched the car to fit the engineering, and it works. I even love the taillamps.

Inside, the car is vastly different from any other Corvette that came before it. The C7 was good, but the C8 is like a luxury car interior, I'm not exaggerating when I say that it's more like a Cadillac than a Chevrolet. When you sit inside the car you feel really special; clearly Chevrolet went to great lengths to cultivate strong impressions of the interior. When I think back to the hard interior plastics of my 2008 C6 (which was otherwise a very good car), I'm astonished that the Corvette interior has improved so much in such a short period of time. Just sit in the car, you'll agree that it's the best interior yet. I was worried about the loss of the rear cargo area, but the frunk and the trunk have more than space to store all the things that you are used to carrying in your Corvette.

Moving on to driveability, you may be wondering how much better it is than the C7, well, all the reviews are right, the car's driving characteristics are astonishing. The power is a given, but the suspension (I have the base suspension) is taut without being jarring. You can drive over potholes and not get jostled around. Take a curve at 40MPH and you can feel the car rotating in the center. Sightlines are very good, because of the low hood you can see more of the road. Rear visibility isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but you'll still probably want the rearview camera and side blind zone alert, both of which work really well. I love glancing over my shoulder to see the engine sitting there, I drive the car every day and never get tired of seeing that. Brakes are very grabby and responsive. Around town the car is quiet and composed, as easy to drive as an Impala, but get it out onto a winding country road and it becomes a dragon. The C4 felt like a go-cart, the C6 felt like a high-powered Cadillac, the C7 felt like a go-cart again, but the C8 somehow combines the everyday driveability of a commuter car with the capabilities of a supercar. I can't believe that this car has a base price of sixty grand.

So if you're asking if the C8 is "better" than the C7, in my opinion there is no comparison, it's an extremely sophisticated sports car that is better than 99% of the other cars on the road. I like all Corvette generations and I fondly remember my triple-black 1990 convertible, but the C8 is light years ahead of any previous generation.
                  Last edited by Ugolino; 05-24-2020, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Ugolino very well said and your review echoes many others thoughts. Welcome to the forum and congrats on a beautiful C8.
                    Rocket City Florida

Comment

Ugolino - When you say better that 99% better do you know the 1% that may be better?

Comment

Welcome to the forum Ugolino and thanks for your impressions. I don't have a C7 so it's great to hear from those with more experience.

Gorgeous black beauty you've got, I love how sleek it looks without a rear spoiler and I wish there had been an "aero delete" option for the Z-51 cars.

Comment

Awesome insights on the c8 ownership experience...

those of us waiting need more members to give us exciting posts on the details and fun your having.

to the original poster of the thread....its almost always rare without a bunch of trolls to hear on any website anyone going from one generation of any brand of vehicle to a new one to hear how much they preferred their previous car better...

maybe as time goes on but can anyone please list 3 things they like better in their old corvette better than the new one?

besides the size of the rear hatch being able to carrier larger items?

i think I got a big screen tv in my corvette trunk many years ago...not possible in the new c8..

of course what was big screen back in those days might be barely acceptable these days plus we have amazon delivering again to our door with next day or two day delivery
                          Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                            Awesome insights on the c8 ownership experience...

those of us waiting need more members to give us exciting posts on the details and fun your having.

to the original poster of the thread....its almost always rare without a bunch of trolls to hear on any website anyone going from one generation of any brand of vehicle to a new one to hear how much they preferred their previous car better...

maybe as time goes on but can anyone please list 3 things they like better in their old corvette better than the new one?

besides the size of the rear hatch being able to carrier larger items?

i think I got a big screen tv in my corvette trunk many years ago...not possible in the new c8..

of course what was big screen back in those days might be barely acceptable these days plus we have amazon delivering again to our door with next day or two day delivery
                            I can't think of one thing I liked better on my 2015 3LT/Z51/MagRide Stingray vs my 2020 2LT/Z51/MagRide. Wait, maybe the directional lever on the C7. The one on the C8 is a little mushy. Then of course you said don't include cargo space.

Comment

I like the way I can jack up the rear of the C7 corvette with one center jack point - it was super easy. On the C8 it looks like that is covered by the plastic cover and it seems you have to remove that to be able to jack up the car from the same point. I saw a diagram on the C8 jack points and it looks like more work...

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X