MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

I want your honest opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want your honest opinions please

I am facing a bit of a dilemma and would appreciate everyone's help. I have a pristine LRG 2014 C7 with 16,000 miles. This car is stunning. I still get people wanting to take pictures of it. Anyway, I have a LRB C8 on order (3000 status as of the start of the flu). I love the C7, but am infatuated with the C8's design and technology.

My question to those of you who have owned a C7 and how have a C8 is this: Is the C8 so very much better than the C7 to make the switch? (It's not about money or depreciation or any other physical consideration). You all are also Corvette people so I value your collective insights. Thank you in advance.

C8 for the win > NO contest 👈
    Click image for larger version

Name:	murdered_out_black_c8_corvette_rims_adv1_wheels_speed_society_mid_engine_modified_i_b95e03868e...jpg
Views:	442
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	147565
    Last edited by C8Jake; 05-20-2020, 11:07 AM.

Comment

I don't have mine yet, but haven't you watched all the videos? I would think that answer is pretty clear.
      You have to make that decision. It's all about choices. It's also connected with cost in that choice.
      Rocket City Florida

Comment

C8 by far. No comparison.

Comment

The C8 is the next era for corvette. You can have the future, which is here, or keep your C7 which is now an antique.

Comment

C8 is so much better!

Comment

Originally posted by AirdaleC7 View Post
              I am facing a bit of a dilemma and would appreciate everyone's help. I have a pristine LRG 2014 C7 with 16,000 miles. This car is stunning. I still get people wanting to take pictures of it. Anyway, I have a LRB C8 on order (3000 status as of the start of the flu). I love the C7, but am infatuated with the C8's design and technology.
              The car may be stunning, but what if anything is missing in the driving experience as you use the car? I like my C6, but I have specific items I want rectified in my driving experience: push button HTC versus dealing with manually putting the top on and off; ride firmness varied based on my driving situation (i.e.., I want MRC); and a paddle shifted DCT as I would drive the car more often in my commute. If you don't have a list, maybe going through that exercise would provide some clarity since you still love the C7.

Sometimes wanting something is enough if it isn't a large financial issue. Only you and your wife can decide the money issue.

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods.

C8 HTC with Z51 FE4 coming fall 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by AirdaleC7 View Post

My question to those of you who have owned a C7 and how have a C8 is this: Is the C8 so very much better than the C7 to make the switch? (It's not about money or depreciation or any other physical consideration). You all are also Corvette people so I value your collective insights. Thank you in advance.
                Made by the same people determined to and convinced that they made it better. Get the C8. Enjoy both. Why switch.

Comment

I have yet to ride in a C8 but love my 2003 Z06. The Z06 is a fun nimble car. My C8 is at status 3000. I have already heard several people who traded in Z06 C7s for the C8 and from what I hear they have no regrets. Check out Brink of Speed on YouTube. The C8 is described as the car a novice can drive fast. The suspension and mid-engine are what hooked me. This is the future. I look forward to that first spirited drive!

Comment

I struggled with this thought too as the price for a C7 Grand Sport was cheaper than a base C8. I loved the look of a C7 GS so much that when I still see one I wish I had one. But I know the C8 is light years beyond a C7 so I just think to wait a little longer for it to get here.

Comment

I talked to a dealer that has an'18 Triple black GS 'vert..it only had 3300 miles...M7...I was tempted to buy,because I was unsure I would get my [email protected] status..The dealer kept calling..but I held steadfast and now I'm relatively sure they'll build all the C8s @3000. I'm happy i waited.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragtop 99 View Post
                        The car may be stunning, but what if anything is missing in the driving experience as you use the car? I like my C6, but I have specific items I want rectified in my driving experience: push button HTC versus dealing with manually putting the top on and off; ride firmness varied based on my driving situation (i.e.., I want MRC); and a paddle shifted DCT as I would drive the car more often in my commute. If you don't have a list, maybe going through that exercise would provide some clarity since you still love the C7.

Sometimes wanting something is enough if it isn't a large financial issue. Only you and your wife can decide the money issue.
                        Great insights all. Thank you for sharing. As for how I use the car, since I work at home, it's just my toy -- drive it to the golf course and airport on weekends. I've had the C6 and C7 and never used the manual paddle shifter once – how sad is that? Anyway, Looks like it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that the C8 is the way to go. One last thing: My wife has never ridden in either of my Corvettes, but fortunately for me she doesn't care what I do about the car. Well, I'll keep you all posted -- when, and if, the C8 ever gets built!!

Comment

Lots of good thoughts above. I'll just add that I haven't driven mine yet (still at 3000) but all indications are that it is WAY more than our C7s in so many ways. To me things like; quieter, better handling, state-of-the-art DCT, higher quality interior, more comfortable for cruising, make it, hopefully, well worth the frustrating wait. Especially, if you are one of those looking for a grand touring machine...like myself.
                          Recently sold:
                          Shark Grey '15 Z51 Coupe : White / Blue Diamond '13 427 60th roadster ( really miss the 'stripe delete' 427 )

Status 3000 - 7th Corvette... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels

Comment

If you have to ask, then it's probably best that you keep what you have....

Comment

So many good ideas and posts above. I love my C8. It is IMO quite advanced over my C7 Z06 (which was loved and a fantastic Corvette). But just like every single make and model, a brand new generation has the advantage of years and years of improved engineering.
                              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X