MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Today’s “Corvette Today” Podcast

Steve Garrett talks with Adam Boca, the National Corvette Museum supervisor for insurance.  Adam explains the advantages of insuring your exotic or Corvette through the NCM...which includes setting a predetermined value for your car, in case of a disaster.  All this for about the same cost as a "big box" insurance company. OK, you bought your Corvette dream car-now you have to insure it. But don't go to a traditional "big box" insurance company.  Insure your Corvette (or exotic car) through the National Corvette Museum
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Thinking of Selling my C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of Selling my C8

My wife absolutely refuses to drive the car and I purchased it for her to enjoy, she is afraid something may happen to it. With that in mind, I may list my car on E-bay and some other sites. I am not looking forward to it but if she is not going to use it then we don't need it. I think it would be better to sell outright and then have my Mercedes dealer show it as a trade for tax purposes. I love the car but I love my wife more.

Just curious..........did she know you were buying it for her?

If yes, and she agreed to the purchase, her fear is that she will damage it, and that will devastate you.

Can this be overcome by her getting used to driving the car, maybe in "teen" mode, in a giant parking lot?

Tell her its only a machine to you.........plastic, aluminum, leather. And if it gets damaged, that's what insurance is for.

Comment

Originally posted by Baja 405 View Post
      Thinking of Selling my C8
      go for it 🙄

Comment

undoubtedly I don't know the meaning of "Do whatever the hell you want to do".

Comment

Originally posted by baja 405 View Post
          undoubtedly i don't know the meaning of "do whatever the hell you want to do".
          oy!!!!

Comment

My wife absolutely refuses to drive the car and I purchased it for her to enjoy, she is afraid something may happen to it. With that in mind, I may list my car on E-bay and some other sites. I am not looking forward to it but if she is not going to use it then we don't need it. I think it would be better to sell outright and then have my Mercedes dealer show it as a trade for tax purposes. I love the car but I love my wife more.
            I have been watching ebay everyday. If you want to sell it there I have seen what sells and why. Do not get greedy, do not set the buy it now price too high. I know of a dealer there that has already sold two there and made a decent return.Many others have sold as well. Do an auction format and start the car at 59,995 to get the interest going. In other times that would be a high start point but it is a great start point for this car as it got so much fame at that price. It will bid up fast. Set a comfortable reserve if you must you can lower it if you are satisfied with the results. Lt2s are selling for 86 to 93 k immediately . The Z51 s will bring the higher end. If your goal is to get your money back you will get it. If you get greedy this market may not last. There has been an average of 26 cars on there since they hit the streets. There has even been three 1LTs that have sold from 78k to 84K with no options. I have all the sold cars on ebay stored in my computer as I may sell mine when it is built when BGAP opens as I have decided to get a Vert. Ebay is the best venue right now as opposed to Autotrader or cars.com

Comment

If the car was a surprise, that is on you and you might have to sell it. If she's just a little intimidated by having the hot new thing, give her a few weeks to acclimate/change her mind.

Comment

Sounds like the intended beneficiary wanted a Benz and not a C8.

I tried to persuade a car-shopping family member to order a C8 instead of a 4 door Benz. She said "that's what you want. That's not what I want". She has had the "ugly" Benz about 8 week and driven it infrequently. Doesn't want anything to happen to it.

Comment

Keep the car and the wife!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepDog View Post
                    She has had the "ugly" Benz about 8 week and driven it infrequently. Doesn't want anything to happen to it.
                    Sounds like she's happy with her decision not to go with the C8.

Comment

My wife likes her E-Class Mercedes sedan MUCH more than my C7 or C8 (plans). The Mercedes is bigger, more comfortable, quieter and built like a tank. I do understand her viewpoint - that car was built for the Autobahn and is a great long-distance cruiser.

Men and women just see cars very differently.

Comment

Life is about choices. C8 or wife? There are 166 million women in the USA and less than 3,000 C8s. I'm just saying.
                        Sebring Orange Tintcoat; 2LT; black interior; GT2 seats; front lift adjustable height; performance exhausts; engine appearance; Spectra Gray Tridents; Red Calipers; Orange seat belts;

Comment

There are some YouTubers that still want one. I would hit them up first. Content is their livelihood and right now some of them are just missing out. They might be willing to pay the big bucks for the right car.

Comment

Give it to your girlfriend

Comment

Women ... trust me, there'll be other drama for you to worry about and you'll be without a C8

Why not keep the Car and let her buy what she wants to Drive.

Is the Corvette your only Vehicle?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X