Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

SGTMAJ USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER Joins MECF As A Featured Forum Vendor.

Welcome to SGTMAJ USMC USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER! We are so happy to have you now join us as a MECF Featured Forum Vendor. We can not wait to help your new business grow. We know you will provide a great transport service to our members and others!
2 of 3 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

I Was Doing Some Digging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Was Doing Some Digging

So I was doing some digging today and thought everyone might like to see what GM did before they revealed the C7. Do you guys remember the site www.one13thireen.com. That's where the C7 crossed flags were displayed before the reveal as a teaser. I'm in IT and work with DNS and domain names at various times so I did a little searching. That name was registered on 9/30 of 2012. The crossed flags and teaser videos happened about a month later. You would think GM is going to do the same thing now if they haven't already. Well, domains must list an admin contact if they are not private and GM did just that. All their domains are registered with CSC. The domains are not private and the contact email for registering the domains is [email protected]. That got me thinking......if all GM's domain names use that email then you must be able to get a list of all the domain names registered with that email. Go to https://viewdns.info/reversewhois/?q...admin%40gm.com. GM has over 3000 domain names registered. They only show you the first 500 free and its listed alphabetically so you can really get that far. However, for $49 you can see them all. Is anyone is curious to find out if GM has registered anything revealing in the last 90 days? If you're interested....now you know how to find out. Oh, all of this information is publicly view able because of ICANN. They make sure nobody can hide...not even GM I'm still waiting to be surprised so I'm not dropping $49 to find out even though information has been sparse in October.

Thank you foreginbishop. We sure enjoyed the 1.13.13 site. Thanks for that postive memory.

However, while all domain names are public in one sense, their is a cleaver way that most domain names are kept quiet/private, and done so legally. For example, when we started this forum, we registered this MECF domain name via GoDaddy, and then selected the “choose privacy option,” so if you right now go to find out who owns this domain name, www.MidEngineCorvetteForum.com,” it would take you to GoDaddy and will not take you to my name, nor to my other partners’ name. GM has for sure done exactly the same thing if they are wanting to, and if they have bought domain names they wish to keep secret for now.

As a specific, I own several domain names and when I went to the linked site you showed, because I chose the “privacy option,” when I just looked up my name, it shows I own none.

We do have an open poll thread in which we guessed what might be the names GM could have chosen for the next year’s ME Corvette:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...m-names-the-me

Last edited by John; 10-31-2018, 05:01 PM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

GM should do a video at the roll out similar to what Ferrari did below. You want to juice some people's pulses? Here is what juice well done looks like:

Oh, and be sure to crank up the speakers. Enjoy!
      Last edited by John; 10-31-2018, 07:27 PM. Reason: Imported video for easier viewing. Thank you so much OnPoint for finding/sharing it!

Comment

Thanks, John.

Imagine a vid like that, but with flashes of images to previous ME prototypes that Zora and company built over the years, with flashes of the new ME on track. Wouldn't need to do a complete copy job, but drawing in the prior ME show cars would be neat.

Comment

I agree with you fully GM should weave in the nine previous Corvette prototypes. Think to create it, you ought to get a call from GM this week, hiring you as the project director.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-to-production

If I were part of the reveal creation team, we would see at least two of those ME Corvette prototypes, in the background on the corners of the massive stage, with two different color, and two different models of the ME on it.

GM, I am waiting for your call to help design the staging of the reveal. But please don’t forget for your video director, to call OnPoint too.

Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

I'm game. Hell, I'd do that for free.

Comment

i second your and Shadow’s suggestions.
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow View Post
                I agree with you fully GM should weave in the nine previous Corvette prototypes. Think to create it, you ought to get a call from GM this week, hiring you as the project director.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-to-production

If I were part of the reveal creation team, we would see at least two of those ME Corvette prototypes, in the background on the corners of the massive stage, with two different color, and two different models of the ME on it.

GM, I am waiting for your call to help design the staging of the reveal. But please don’t forget for your video director, to call OnPoint too.
                ZORA must be in the video too...overseeing the development of the ME with an omnipresent presence..

Comment

I volunteer to do some of the driving!

Comment

I'm with Boomer. I second that!
                    2017 TR GS 2LT

Comment

Marry Barra said they need two more public street test drivers. I will forward her your two names.

Comment

funny you brought up the crossed flags
                        Last edited by TOMDOM69; 10-31-2018, 10:57 PM. Reason: typo spelled up....uo

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                          Marry Barra said they need two more public street test drivers. I will forward her your two names.
                          Great! Looking forward to the "task". Despite some occasional disclaimers, I figured all along you were a true insider over there who has a direct impact on C8 development. Good to realize this about our MECF leader.
                          Last edited by Boomer; 11-01-2018, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                            Thank you foreginbishop. We sure enjoyed the 1.13.13 site. Thanks for that postive memory.

However, while all domain names are public in one sense, their is a cleaver way that most domain names are kept quiet/private, and done so legally. For example, when we started this forum, we registered this MECF domain name via GoDaddy, and then selected the “choose privacy option,” so if you right now go to find out who owns this domain name, www.MidEngineCorvetteForum.com,” it would take you to GoDaddy and will not take you to my name, nor to my other partners’ name. GM has for sure done exactly the same thing if they are wanting to, and if they have bought domain names they wish to keep secret for now.

As a specific, I own several domain names and when I went to the linked site you showed, because I chose the “privacy option,” when I just looked up my name, it shows I own none.

We do have an open poll thread in which we guessed what might be the names GM could have chosen for the next year’s ME Corvette:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...m-names-the-me

John, if you read my original post you will see that I said "Well, domains must list an admin unless they are private..." While I'm glad you understand how to register a domain and look things up (something a 5 year old can do - no disrespect meant) you completely missed my point. The one13thirteen.com domain name is not registered with privacy. It expires next year. Does that mean the privacy option wasn't originally selected? No. However, the reason for my post is to point out a few things you missed. 1. GM teases things all the time, why wouldn't they tease a domain name to stoke the fire or throw people off. 2. GM filed a ton of patents and this site has links to all of them. That drums up lots of hype and conjecture. However, none of it may be reality. GM could just as easily file the patents the day of reveal if they wanted to keep it secret that long. Now, as I stated..."I'd be curious to see if GM has registered anything revealing in the last 90 days." That's the reason for my post.....Curiosity. PS: nobody is above forgetting to add "domain privacy" when registering a domain name. We're all human and unless directed by a client to do so....I never add the feature.

Comment

GM might have several now hidden domain names that they will later use — when they are ready for us to be teased. 1.13.13 ws fun for us all.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X