MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Listen to my new weekly podcast called "Corvette Today" Released: Available NOW!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John,Great interview. I am 71 years young and have owned several sports cars in my lifetime mostly MG"s, a Sunbeam Tiger, Jaguar XJS V 12 but never a Corvette. I lost my wife of 47Yr. three years ago and went into withdrawal, I lost my love of driving until one day I read an add about the 2020 ME Vette Last sept. I put a deposit on one . I am a long way from receiving it. Just the thought of having one has brought me back to life. I thank You Your form And Corvette so much. thanks again.

Comment

Dogbone, we can not imagine how difficult it was for your to deal with the loss of your wife. While of course a Corvette is always going to far less, glad that you have something you find exciting to love forward to. While you describe it as quite away from now, it will be here down the road, ready for you to engage in miles of smiles.

We are glad you joined our friendly Corvette community!
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Do you know what's really great...we are blogging,again, about cars being built instead of "Will they be built"...isn't it great? My dealership "owner" called me yesterday ,and with his "Hello" ,I knew he was up-beat. He said he wanted to let me know ,barring a meteor strike at BG, my car should be arriving in time to enjoy the summer. My car was ordered 7/19 and went to 3000 the day before the Covid shutdown. I Asked him at what point could I get the VIN and he said 3800...he will call me, as I need the VIN, to get a custom license plate form NY State. And at 75, I am planning on attending the Ron Fellows School. As an FBI Agent, we received a "little" training mostly dealing with how to crash a car to stop one, during a chase, As a motorcycle surveillance Agent in New York City (young and stupid), we had to lay a bike down doing 60 during that school. No crashing or lay-downs planned for my C8! Good luck to all of us!

Comment

Dogbone, I am sorry about your loss and didn't mean to ignore what you went through...I just hadn't read your post. I was looking to write something about how happy I am that we will get the 2020s up and running I posted at the first ting that said POST. My wife and I are are both car nuts...we've been together 43 years and she got a new 2015 C7 for her birthday. We ,you and I are lucky indeed. We saw the best of the muscle cars and owned a few and had someone to share that with. Cherish those memories ...some never had what we have...

Comment

Just curious: Does anyone know how GM determines the order in which C8's are manufactured? Wondering if GM maybe does a particular color run for a few days or a Stage 1, 2, 3 etc? I ordered a Carolina Blue C8 ( oops, you know my fav basketball team now) and have not seen or heard anything.thanxxxxxxxxx///

Comment

GM like almost all OEM’s batch runs things in the way to most efficiently produce the greatest numbers of cars as fast as they can in a high quality manner. That includes that they can not run any color indefinitely, that they have to consider the supplier parts they are receiving, that there are always some production requirements — most of which we do not know about. For example, during the C7 generation, no two convertibles could be built back to back, no more than two Z06’s could be built nose to tail, etc. We do not yet know what those C8 production parameters are (if indeed there are any).
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

OK, you bought your Corvette dream car-now you have to insure it. But don't go to a traditional "big box" insurance company. Insure your Corvette (or exotic car) through the National Corvette Museum!

Steve Garrett talks with Adam Boca, the National Corvette Museum supervisor for insurance. Adam explains the advantages of insuring your exotic or Corvette through the NCM...which includes setting a predetermined value for your car, in case of a disaster. All this for the same cost as a "big box" insurance company.It's an eye-opening episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen Here: https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/episodes/CORVETTE-...

Join the Facebook Group for CORVETTE TODAY here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136/

Visit the CORVETTE TODAY website: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com

Sign up for CORVETTE TODAY notifications at https://corvettetoday.ck.page

Comment

Podcast #8 of CORVETTE TODAY available now-Corvette Enthusiasts John Kraman-Mecum TV

DO NOT MISS THIS NEW EPISODE!

Steve Garrett talks to John Kraman-TV co-host of the Mecum Auctions on NBCSN. John is a HUGE Corvette enthusiast (he owns 2 Corvettes and has a C8 on order) as well as a walking encyclopedia of automobiles.
                  John talks about the legendary Corvettes sold at the Mecum Auctions, how to buy a Corvette or any car at auction, what to look for and which Mecum Auction has the best Corvettes for sale!
                  It's a fantastic interview-don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.....listen now!

Listen to this episode here: https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-Kraman-eeqgvc

Sign up for CORVETTE TODAY here: https://corvettetoday.ck.page

Join the Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136/

2014 Torch Red C7 Stingray "Carbon Fiber Edition"
                  Born September 19, 2013 (VIN #1445)
                  --Z51 Package--20% Tint--3LT Interior Trim Package--Lowered on Stock Bolts
                  --Magnetic Ride Control--7 Speed Manual Transmission--
                  IN CARBON FIBER: OEM Dash--Center Console--Waterfall--License Plate Holder--Sun Visor Covers--Turn Signal End Caps--Flat Bottom Steering Wheel--Racing Side Skirts--Front Splitter--Door Sill Frames--Driver & Passenger door window switches--Dash HUD display switches--Key Fob--Lower Rear Fascia w/racing diffuser fins--Hood vent--Tail Light Bezels--Steering Wheel Paddle Shifters and Switches--Door kick plates--Wheel center caps--Oil Cap (Carbon Fiber/Torch Red trim)--Rear Quarter Vent Covers--Center Console Grab Handle--Rear Hatch Struts--Front Engine Struts--Custom Center Console Badge--Shift Knob--Passenger Dash Yoke--Passenger Door Insert--Front Quarter Panel Side Vents--Steering Wheel Bezel--Rear & Side Trunk/Hatch Pieces--Door Button Surrounds--Seat Backs--Seat Bolsters--Seat Air Bag Cover--Seat Belt Guide--C7 Crossed Flags (Hood & Tail)----Z51 Badging--Full Z06 Grill--Overhead Light Bezel--Red Start/Stop button--Hatch Pull Handle--Lower Rear Fascia Extensions--Seat Bolt Covers--Steering Wheel Cowling

IN HYDRO CARBON FIBER: Throttle body cover--Underhood Heat Extractor--Air intake cover--Plenum Cover--Dipstick--Fluid Covers & Fuse Box--Engine Cowling--Alternator Cover

OTHER MODS:--Corsa Extreme Exhaust w/Double Helix X-pipe & Chrome Tips--Jacking Pucks--Stingray Engine Caps/Fluid covers--Splash Guards (Torch Red)--Stingray Logos (for Fuel Rails)--Torch Red Engine Compartment Trim Covers--Torch Red ECM Brake Line Cover--Expel ClearCoat (Nose)--LED Sidemarkers w/Blackouts--LED License Plate and Trunk bulbs--Stingray Door Sills--Stingray Trunk Mat--Stingray/C7 Mats (Lloyd’s)--C7 Valve Stem Caps--C7 Crossed Flags Logo (between the seats)--Torch Red Fuel Rails--Stingray Engine Hood Liner (Airbrushed)--Seat Belt Guide Mod--Window Roll Up/Roll Down Module--Throttle Body Spacer--Alternator Cover (Torch Red)--Red Seat Belts--XO Luxury "Verona" Wheels--Halltech Cold Air Intake--Red ambient footwell lighting--Powerstop Z26 Brake Pads--Ported Throttle Body--Leather Horn Pad--Z06 Lower Brake Vents

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rick Malone 2.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	154865 CORVETTE TODAY episode #9 is now out!!!!

Hear Steve Garrett talk to Rick Malone, the Head Instructor for the Ron Fellow Corvette Performance Driving School at Spring Mountain!

Spring Mountain is like Top Gun, only for Corvette-you'll learn to drive this car to the edge of the envelope. Rick goes in-depth about this 2 day school. You'll get a extensive overview of the course, understand what you'll learn there, a great explanation of what is accomplished during the 2 day event and more.

If you've ever considered signing up for the Spring Mountain experience, you'll want to even more after listening to this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.

Listen to Rick Malone's podcast interview here: https://anchor.fm/…/CORVETTE-TODAY-9---Learn-About-The-Spri…

Sign up for CORVETTE TODAY notifications here: https://corvettetoday.ck.page

Visit the CORVETTE TODAY website at www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
                    Last edited by Steven (Bell) Garrett; 06-15-2020, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Hi All, Just signed up and glad to be onboard! I'm John Kraman of Mecum Auctions and Lead TV Commentator on NBCSN. Big Thanks to Steve Garrett for having me on #8 CORVETTE TODAY podcast. I have a 72' Coupe Ontario Orange and a 10' Coupe Blade Silver as well as a C8 at 3000 in Elkhart Blue Metallic 1LT Coupe Sky Cool Gray seats and only 3 options; Performance Exhaust, Bright Red calipers and Chrome badges, $61,885

Comment

Originally posted by Dogbone View Post
                        John,Great interview. I am 71 years young and have owned several sports cars in my lifetime mostly MG"s, a Sunbeam Tiger, Jaguar XJS V 12 but never a Corvette. I lost my wife of 47Yr. three years ago and went into withdrawal, I lost my love of driving until one day I read an add about the 2020 ME Vette Last sept. I put a deposit on one . I am a long way from receiving it. Just the thought of having one has brought me back to life. I thank You Your form And Corvette so much. thanks again.
                        Dogbone I know your loss having lost my bride of 51 years last September. Having had 2 Corvettes in my past (1963, 1971) and then various Jaguars with a 2012 XKR convert which I sold in December. I never thought I would go back to Corvette but after having a mid-engine Ferrari 308 I loved the design. So when I saw the new version and looked at the price I'm in. Hopefully I'll get my HTC by Sept/Oct but well see. I planned a Scotland golf trip in June but the cornhole virus killed that so the big event I am looking for is the new C8. Oh the Scotland golf trip is rescheduled for next June so we'll see but I'll be 76 by then.

Comment

Steven

Really enjoyed the Rick Malone interview.

He has probably had the most high performance seat time in all C7 models and now the C8.

Suggest you might do a follow-up interview to get his thoughts in the C8 in comparison to the C7.

Keep up the good work.

Ralph

Comment

In the world of Corvette, I you can say that your Corvette has been "Callaway'd", It's a HUGE deal! Meet Reeves Callaway, the owner and innovator of Callaway Cars.

Reeves talks to Steve Garrett about how he got started, what you get when you have your Corvette Callaway'd, the technology that goes into their system, how he got started and connected with General Motors and what they have in store for the new md-engine C8 Corvette .

It's a fascinating interview on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen Here: https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/episodes/CORVETTE-...

Sign up for CORVETTE TODAY notifications here: https://corvettetoday.ck.page

Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136/

Visit the CORVETTE TODAY website at www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com

​​​​​​​

Comment

Steve Garrett talks to Adam Pitale, the Founder of Adam's Polishes! Learn how he got started, how Adam's Polishes developed and how he got connected with GM as the official car care products for Corvette and Camaro.

The stories are great, the podcast listen is fun-meet Adam Pitale on CORVETTE TODAY!

Please join my Facebook group "The CORVETTE TODAY Podcast" here:
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136/

Listen to all episodes here:
                              https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett

https://corvettetoday.ck.page

Visit the CORVETTE TODAY website here:
                              www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com

Comment

Steve Garrett delves into the world of YouTube and Corvette for the first time! He speaks to Justin from HorsePower Obsessed. Learn how people make money on YouTube, hear about Justin's 2019 Black ZR1 Big Wing. Learn about the C8 he has on order. And also hear about Steve's C7 Stingray Carbon Fiber Edition Corvette. It's the latest episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

https://anchor.fm/…/CORVETTE-TODAY-12---Successful-YouTube-…

Click image for larger version

Name:	HPO.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	162504

#podcast #corvette #corvettetoday #HPO #HorsePowerObsessed

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X