Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Monday’s Software Changes & Upgrades

Monday’s software updates, including changes to our Photo Gallery, User Name Cards, and other changes & fixes can be accessed here: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...re-update-info. Thanks brad66 for creating the linked thread.
2 of 2 < >

Official Z06 Press Release, Reveal Pictures and Visualizer Access

See more
See less

2020 C8 Corvette GM Premium Indoor Car Cover & Premium Floor Mat Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 C8 Corvette GM Premium Indoor Car Cover & Premium Floor Mat Review

I ordered the GM Premium Indoor Car Cover and Premium Floor Mats for my 2020 Corvette last week and received them today. In this video, I review the two GM accessory items and request some viewer feedback on the floor mats. I hope the video is helpful to those considering these two C8 Corvette accessory items. Special thanks to Drive 615 for the clip of my 2020 Corvette that I use at the end of the video.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot - 1.png
Views:	3873
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	138312

Appreciate the write up. I never knew the indoor cover was fleece lined or that it was made by cover king. you made some good points and now I am more informed when I decide to purchase. Also didn't know the floor mats had that large metal corvette side view plate riveted on... not sure I want that at my foot , also seems like it could get scratched up over time getting in and out of the car with my big feet...anyway.. I learned several things and as always I appreciate the time you spend making theses video's evaluating your car and accessories . .

Comment

Originally posted by C808 View Post
      Appreciate the write up. I never knew the indoor cover was fleece lined or that it was made by cover king. you made some good points and now I am more informed when I decide to purchase. Also didn't know the floor mats had that large metal corvette side view plate riveted on... not sure I want that at my foot , also seems like it could get scratched up over time getting in and out of the car with my big feet...anyway.. I learned several things and as always I appreciate the time you spend making theses video's evaluating your car and accessories . .
      You're welcome...glad it was helpful to you.

Comment

We also have proof that the GM indoor premium cover will fit on a car with the high wing! Photo courtesy of Steve H. on Facebook.

Comment

Thank you Jeremy. I really like your car cover. Beautiful, protective and great fit.

I saw that GM makes a specific indoor cover for those C8’s with a high wing, option code RHW. Is it possible that Steve H. bought RWH instead?
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            Thank you Jeremy. I really like your car cover. Beautiful, protective and great fit.

I saw that GM makes a specific indoor cover for those C8’s with a high wing, option code RHW. Is it possible that Steve H. bought RWH instead?
            Thank you, John. I like it too.

There is not a separate indoor cover for the high wing equipped C8. RHW is the indoor cover without the access panels for the front and rear hatches and WKQ is the indoor cover with the access panels. Those are the only available indoor covers.

Comment

On Chevy.com there are three indoor covers. Only one has zippers for accessing compartments(access panels) and says NOT made for high wing. The other two, one black and one red, both will fit over the high wing perfectly even though it doesn’t say “ made for high wing” it does fit perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Supercarsrock View Post
                On Chevy.com there are three indoor covers. Only one has zippers for accessing compartments(access panels) and says NOT made for high wing. The other two, one black and one red, both will fit over the high wing perfectly even though it doesn’t say “ made for high wing” it does fit perfectly.
                Correct. The one I bought comes in red or black and does not have the access panels. It fits all three versions of the C8...no spoiler, spoiler, and high wing. The indoor cover with the access panels won't fit the high wing equipped C8 because the access panel zippers prohibit it from stretching enough to do so.

Comment

I keep debating about floor mats. I like your new ones very much visually (especially the emblem) but perhaps would prefer a set in blue.

I think I will wait-n-see what Lloyd’s comes out with before deciding which ones I want. However as we all know it is typically nine months until the Lloyd’s come out. We had a set of Lloyd’s Luxe mats custom made for our C7 and might do the same in this color with our two-tone blue C8 interior. This is their Luxe blue color.

Click image for larger version  Name:	55037F37-766B-49E6-829A-73104F675C4A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	399.4 KB ID:	138334

But then again the special factory ones you have look very sharp with their emblem. Decisions, decisions.
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks again jagamajajaran for providing us some new and exciting information.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                      Thanks again jagamajajaran for providing us some new and exciting information.
                      You're welcome! I'm off to bed...goodnight friends!

Comment

Thanks for the info on the cover and the mats. I like the cover, but definitely don't like the carpet except for the emblem.
                        This is a picture of COCO Mats They make them in all colors and designs. Might be something to think about and they also make them with the attachment holes and rubber foot placement or not if you prefer. Here is a checkerboard red/black

Or if you really want to be different-

Frenzy36
                        ZORA Patron, Founder & Sr. Contributor
                        Last edited by Frenzy36; 04-15-2020, 03:26 AM.
                        Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Thanks Jeremy, I had ordered the premium mats but based on your review I think I will stay with the standard mats and see what the aftermarket comes out with.

(Here I am talking like some day I may actually own a C8 ).
                          2LT Coupe Red Mist Z-51 Mag Ride Lift
                          February 2021 Allocation - Built 4/22/21 - Delivered 4/29/21.

Comment

Thanks Jeremy, I ordered the Access Panel Car Cover as a LPO item with the C8.....Got the Premium Floor Mats from GM Parts.....
                            GAN Blade Silver Metallic; DXO Midnight Gray Full Length Dual Racing Stripe; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; AH2 GT2 Napa leather seats; TU7 Seats Two-Tone Jet Black/Adrenaline Red; R6X Custom Interior Trim and Seat Combination; 38S Adrenaline Red custom leather stitch; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6F Bright Red Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; 5JR vis CF mirror caps; ERI Battery Protection pkg.

Comment

Does anyone know what the difference is between the indoor cover and the outdoor cover?
                              the material difference? Lining?
                              V1 VR
                              Founding, Sr. Contributing Member & ZORA Patron
                              Last edited by V1 VR; 04-15-2020, 07:50 AM.
                              2023 Z06 #5 locality and smiling
                              2020 Stingray Triple Blue Coupe
                              “Cindyblue”
                              6000: status : R8C on August 5,2020 @10:00 🥳🍾
                              2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C
                              2014 Stingray Laguna Blue : SOLD

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X