MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Today’s “Corvette Today” Podcast

Steve Garrett talks with Adam Boca, the National Corvette Museum supervisor for insurance.  Adam explains the advantages of insuring your exotic or Corvette through the NCM...which includes setting a predetermined value for your car, in case of a disaster.  All this for about the same cost as a "big box" insurance company. OK, you bought your Corvette dream car-now you have to insure it. But don't go to a traditional "big box" insurance company.  Insure your Corvette (or exotic car) through the National Corvette Museum
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Lowering a C8 With Both E60 & Z51 Options!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering a C8 With Both E60 & Z51 Options!

Thanks to Cicio Performance for leading the way in developing a “front end lowering collar” product many of us want, giving those of us who have a Z51 and chose also the E60 lift option to lower the front of our C8’s 1”. That is the amount one can lower the rear of our Z51’s using the OEM lowering shackles.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2E0679C4-27D1-40E2-89C3-E437124051D2.jpeg
Views:	4583
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	136638

HOORAY CICIO PERFORMANCE! [www.cicioperformance.com]

Cicio is busy developing more C8 products!

Click image for larger version

Name:	C76618AF-8324-4A68-8B95-C05136C27F2A.jpeg
Views:	1197
Size:	739.3 KB
ID:	136639
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

I don't understand how they work,
    ​​​​ but nice Going !
    C8er

Comment

So it is 1" drop only? I guess its a fair amount of work to swap out, but i wonder if .5" or .75" might be desirable options.

A .5" drop on my C6 was the difference in scraping on most speed bumps in my neighborhood. I'll need to drive the car a bit to see how it does before lowering.

-------------------------------------
      Somebody should tell the moderators this thread belongs in the performance section.
      Last edited by Ragtop 99; 04-09-2020, 06:11 PM.
      Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods.

C8 HTC with Z51 FE4 coming fall 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragtop 99 View Post
        So it is 1" drop only? I guess its a fair amount of work to swap out, but i wonder if .5" or .75" might be desirable options.

A .5" drop on my C6 was the difference in scraping on most speed bumps in my neighborhood. I'll need to drive the car a bit to see how it does before lowering.

-------------------------------------
        Somebody should tell the moderators this thread belongs in the performance section.
        Here's their vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

Comment

So would one be able to use these collars on a non-Z51 equipped car to lower it?
          Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Originally posted by Ragtop 99 View Post
            Totally agree with this - offer all 3 options please.

Comment

Originally posted by shiumai View Post

Totally agree with this - offer all 3 options please.

States on their site *Custom drop amounts are available on request*
              Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                Thanks to Cicio Performance for leading the way in developing a “front end lowering collar” product many of us want, giving those of us who have a Z51 and chose also the E60 lift option to lower the front of our C8’s 1”.
                Great news John, thanks for posting.

These are probably not allowed in SS class for autocross, but geez I'm tempted.

Comment

That appears to be the collar that the spring sits in, likely just lower than the factory unit.

Here is what it looks like installed:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-IgzODn_kG/

Comment

The question needs to be asked
                    1. Does this shim reduce the amount of height for the lift ?
                    2. Or causes some issue to the lift design in doing so ?
                    3. What effect to GM's warranty and to what OEM parts ?
                    Corvettes owned, wrenched on and raced since 1975:
                    1974,75,77,84,87,89,91,93,94 ZR-1 & 1999 Mallett 435

Comment

$200 and then add only 2 hours of labor...

thats awesome for those who have e60 z51 and want to lower the front end.

i always imagined the aftermarket would come up with a solution. I never thought it would be this easy to install or this inexpensive.

buyers of e60 z51 who want to have the ability lower their cars now are beginning to have options.
                      Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Great find. Thanks for the options as I was really torn with the front lift for my C8. I'm only looking for a 1/2 - 3/4" lowering based the photos I've seen and their custom option can deliver that. Price isn't bad.

Comment

I'll let someone else be the guinea pig. It appears the tire just missed the fender on their slight incline. YIKES !
                          Rocket City Florida

Comment

Ive never been a fan of dramatically slammed suspension setups either and here they are compounded the issue as seen here with much larger tires and wheels.

moderation and balance are extremely important when delving into suspension alterations from stock.

I dont really see the value going to far.

there will be many variations to choose from eventually so no rush to be the first.

stock cars look good to me although slightly wider wheels to allow slighter wider tires but that again would be a moderate change.

somewhere I remember gm suggesting possibly 7 mms lower on my c5 as a performance mod. I could be wrong but thats just a little over a quarter of an inch lower.

anytime lowering decreases capability thats a failed effort.

Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Great post. With the lift option this is the best of both worlds. I sent the link to the boss as a birthday hint!
                              Born Feb 26, 2020! GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, Jet black/suede interior; Yellow stitching and belts. Z51 & Mag Ride; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6E yellow Calipers;

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X