MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

POLL: Planning To Keep or Remove Your V Emblem, the Stingray, or Corvette Letters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since my C8 is all Black, I feel that the carbon flash emblems and letters are very tasteful, and I'll be leaving them as is.
    In fact , the Chrome rear license plate frame that i had on my Arctic White C7, with the Stingray emblem, is now on the C8, and it looks out of place. I'll be looking to replace it with something black chrome or carbon fiber.
    Black/ Natural (GBA/ HUV) Z51, 2LT, GT1, FE4, E60, NPP, Q8Q, VQK,...Was # 465 at Kerbeck,.TPW: 2/17/20, Status to 6000 on 3/20/20

Comment

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post
      I am leaving the front badge, but I removed the lettering and the stingray. I will have Identification on the rear in the form of the license plate........

Click image for larger version

Name:	38577D27-E8AE-4FCA-B76C-BDA0092492E1.png
Views:	858
Size:	652.9 KB
ID:	132946
      Nice choice, lol
      Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

Originally posted by jagtoes View Post
        How about removing the nose shield and putting 1 on each fender similar to ferrari.
        Well, funny you should say that. I was recently on a Facebook site for C8's and the owner was trying to find out where to buy a C8 hood badge. (Someone tipped him to the Museum's store). Anyway, his plan is to remove the badge from the nose and (along with his new one) place it not on the fender but on the quarter panel immediately in front of the rear wheel well. I think the C8.R logo is affixed there on the race cars.

But regardless, isn't the nose emblem molded (in the middle) to the crease of the C8 nose? How would one flatten it without destroying the chrome (or black chrome) emblem surround? Interesting idea but above my pay grade.

Kelly
        Deposit in (7/19) Order in (8/19) Order awaiting changes pending decisions on 2020/2021 model year changes

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
          Leaving them on as I want people to freak out and say - That's a Corvette? Plus possibly there will be less questions.
          Although I did think about changing the back from C O R V E T T E to C H E V E T T E just to freak people out.
          Have you thought about changing it to C O R V A I R?
          HTC Ceramic Matrix Gray/Morello Red

Comment

Don't do it. It is not a 49 Ford.

Comment

If you ARE planning to remove any badges, be cautious using a heat gun to soften the adhesive:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...tsb#post162122
              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
              >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
              Working...
              X