MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

POLL: Planning To Keep or Remove Your V Emblem, the Stingray, or Corvette Letters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: Planning To Keep or Remove Your V Emblem, the Stingray, or Corvette Letters?

We thank this just PFF’d and ceramic coated Torch Red beauty owned by “Vetterook.”

Click image for larger version  Name:	BBC032E2-EDEE-47F9-B8DB-3B0798886184.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	250.2 KB ID:	132913Click image for larger version  Name:	AF1F14EA-B2AF-477F-B5A7-FAC712354C8D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	328.9 KB ID:	132914Click image for larger version  Name:	CA327716-E3CD-447B-9811-FF0BE945FF83.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	425.0 KB ID:	132915

What are your plans please as far as the front fascia “V” emblem, the Stingray on the rear deck and the Corvette letters on the rear fascia?
    Leaving my C8 exactly as GM built it, e.g. keeping all three
    68.18%
    Remove the front emblem but leave the Stingray and the rear Corvette letters
    2.84%
    Remove the Stingray emblem, but leave both the front emblem and the Corvette letters
    4.55%
    Remove the Corvette letters, but leave the emblem and Stingray
    2.27%
    Leaving only the front V emblem
    2.84%
    Leaving only the Stingray
    2.84%
    Leaving only the Corvette letters
    1.70%
    Removing all three
    8.52%
    Remove/replace one or more, but substituting a GM or aftermarket item(s)
    0.57%
    Not sure what I am going to do other than wait and think about it
    5.68%
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

I’m planning on removing the stingray and replacing with another crossed-flags logo in carbon flash to the rear hatch.

BZ

Comment

Will almost certainly remove the front badge. Might remove the Stingray from the rear desk - will need to get the car and look at it for a while. Will probably leave the Corvette lettering on the back.
      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
      >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I actually do NOT like it when those emblems are removed.....looks cheap, or defective, plain and incomplete. Its somewhat disrespectful to the heritage of the brand and I would never do it..... I would prefere more ..not less.. Im proud to own a corvette..and want it fully branded that way...to continue the legacy.

Comment

I am not sure what Im going to do or when.

i belive I will pull all three emblems off.

traditionally I dont like emblems etc and if it would have been an option I would have chosen no emblems by the factory.

if I were going to wrap the vehicle with a protective coating right away Id pull all the emblems before hand.

thats how sure I am I am going to pull all the emblems eventually...

jmo

Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Perhaps if I had a history of badge removal, I might. But, finally, when Corvette rises to challenge the best cars in the world, why would I be ashamed of driving a Corvette?
            C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

Originally posted by Ralston View Post
              Perhaps if I had a history of badge removal, I might. But, finally, when Corvette rises to challenge the best cars in the world, why would I be ashamed of driving a Corvette?
              Not remotely ashamed. I just think the nose looks a lot cleaner without the badge.
              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
              >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I am leaving the front badge, but I removed the lettering and the stingray. I will have Identification on the rear in the form of the license plate........

Click image for larger version

Name:	38577D27-E8AE-4FCA-B76C-BDA0092492E1.png
Views:	858
Size:	652.9 KB
ID:	132946
                Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Doesnt matter what vehicle I never liked badges....its just not my thing....

just think of how many grams of weight will be lost...
                  Last edited by JB; 03-29-2020, 10:25 PM.
                  Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Leaving them on as I want people to freak out and say - That's a Corvette? Plus possibly there will be less questions.
                    Although I did think about changing the back from C O R V E T T E to C H E V E T T E just to freak people out.
                    Last edited by Frenzy36; 03-29-2020, 10:42 PM.
                    Rocket City Florida

Comment

All 3 on and in Chrome.....🤩
                      2014 Stingray Laguna Blue “Cindyblue”
                      3400 status : TPW 7/20 info via R8C 7/6?? 🧐
                      2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                        We thank this just PFF’d and ceramic coated Torch Red beauty owned by “Vetterook.”

Click image for larger version Name:	BBC032E2-EDEE-47F9-B8DB-3B0798886184.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	250.2 KB ID:	132913Click image for larger version Name:	AF1F14EA-B2AF-477F-B5A7-FAC712354C8D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	328.9 KB ID:	132914Click image for larger version Name:	CA327716-E3CD-447B-9811-FF0BE945FF83.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	425.0 KB ID:	132915

What are your plans please as far as the front fascia “V” emblem, the Stingray on the rear deck and the Corvette letters on the rear fascia?
                        I don't see the option for ordering the Chrome Exterior Badge Package, that's what I did.

Cheers, PB
                        Previous Vettes '59, '61, 62. Current toys, 1973 Vega Wagon, SBC 355, 600hp and a GM LS1 powered 1992 Mazda Miata, aka Panic Button.

On order, 2020 C8 Corvette Stingray Coupe, 3LT, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, Full-Length Dual Racing Stripe, Jet Black Napa Leather with Adrenaline Red Stitch, Magnetic Ride, Front Lift, Chrome Exterior Badge Package, Battery Protection.

Current status, 3000 and holding.

Comment

I don't see the option for ordering the Chrome Exterior Badge Package, that's what I did.
                          EYK - Chrome Exterior Badge Package . . . or, perhaps I misunderstood your remark.

There was this Long Breach Red preproduction coupe (that had been in camo) without any badging that looked particularly sharp - and aided by body color accents.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020 Corvette Long Beach Red 1-2.jpg
Views:	799
Size:	768.6 KB
ID:	132990
                          C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

Originally posted by Ralston View Post

EYK - Chrome Exterior Badge Package . . . or, perhaps I misunderstood your remark.

There was this Long Breach Red preproduction coupe (that had been in camo) without any badging that looked particularly sharp - and aided by body color accents.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2020 Corvette Long Beach Red 1-2.jpg Views:	15 Size:	768.6 KB ID:	132990
                            I was quoting John's post and didn't see the Chrome Exterior Badge Package on his list. Some might think black is the only way it comes. I know I didn't notice it until some time later after I had placed my original order.

Cheers, PB
                            Last edited by Panic Button; 03-30-2020, 01:29 AM.
                            Previous Vettes '59, '61, 62. Current toys, 1973 Vega Wagon, SBC 355, 600hp and a GM LS1 powered 1992 Mazda Miata, aka Panic Button.

On order, 2020 C8 Corvette Stingray Coupe, 3LT, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, Full-Length Dual Racing Stripe, Jet Black Napa Leather with Adrenaline Red Stitch, Magnetic Ride, Front Lift, Chrome Exterior Badge Package, Battery Protection.

Current status, 3000 and holding.

Comment

I will be proud to own and drive a Corvette Stingray!
                              If you guys don't want your badges, just send them my way!
                              TPW March 2. 3LT, Z51, FE4, Black GBA, ZZ3, Black interior with Red seats/red stitch HU0 & 2 tone TU7, E60, J6N, RIK, Q8Q, etc.
                              Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X