C8 Withdrawal Syndrome? Come on in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Withdrawal Syndrome? Come on in!

Since I haven't had a hit of some C8 news in quite some time, I'm suffering from C8 withdrawal. Here is a little throwback of all the times we were tortured. Also camouflage has really evolved it seems.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1983-chevrolet-corvette-prototype-photo-203262-s-429x262.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	13203Click image for larger version

Name:	DWPWeb19.jpg
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	13204Click image for larger version

Name:	C5Spy01.jpg
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	13205Click image for larger version

Name:	C6b.jpg
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	13206Click image for larger version

Name:	c6-corvette-photo-106015-s-original.jpg
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	13207Click image for larger version

Name:	C6Spy05.jpg
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	13208Click image for larger version

Name:	C6Spy20.jpg
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	13209Click image for larger version

Name:	blown-lt1-2-EL.jpg
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	13210Click image for larger version

Name:	Z06_spyshot.jpg
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	13211Click image for larger version

Name:	chevrolet_corvette_actf34_ns_119121_600.jpg
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	13212Click image for larger version

Name:	c7-sept-spy-5_1035.jpg
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	13214Click image for larger version

Name:	Chevrolet-Corvette-Convertible-C7-pair-with-Porsche-right-front-in-motion-spy-shot-1.jpg
Size:	915.4 KB
ID:	13219Click image for larger version

Name:	chevrolet-corvette-convertible-c7-right-rear-in-motion-spy-shot-21.jpg
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	13218Click image for larger version

Name:	cdauto-corvettezr1-112816-3-copy-1.jpg
Size:	799.4 KB
ID:	13217Click image for larger version

Name:	f1ca2ec45bac616eae2b704cc8f63cca.jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	13216Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	13215Click image for larger version

Name:	CorvetteC8spy_06.jpg
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	13213
    Attached Files

Thank you very much Keagan-Z06! You mean we actually lived through that slow motion process three times previosly and survived each time?

That portends we shall likewise live through our current, seeming never-ending one too?

Well done trip down memory lane. Thanks.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      Thank you very much Keagan-Z06! You mean we actually lived through that slow motion process three times previosly and survived each time?

That portends we shall likewise live through our current, seeming never-ending one too?

Well done trip down memory lane. Thanks.
      Some may make it, others probably won't. lol. I think the best spy shot era for the vettes were the C6's. The C7 went bananas on heavy camo.

Comment

Here, if it is even remotely similar, is our thread on the complete C7 pre-reveal-tease program; might some or all of it occur for the C8.

If so, could SEMA (just 15 days away) be the reveal of the ME’s LT1+?

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...tease-progress
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Here, if it is even remotely similar, is our thread on the complete C7 pre-reveal-tease program; might some or all of it occur for the C8.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...tease-progress
          Well put thread, is it bad that I spent $60 to drive the camo C7 in Gran Turismo 5 before you guys drove the real thing? I really hope we get a roll out like the C7 did. Leather being stitched would be a painful first video though. Lol

Comment

Thank you very much for this thread Keagan-Z06!
            Enjoying my Shadow gray C8. What a car it is.

Comment

If it is at SEMA, I'll have it covered
              Enthusiastic owner of 'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
              Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum
              Web site: https://www.daumphotography.com/
              blog: https://insight.daumphotography.com/

Comment

I am pleased you will be at SEMA as always. And we get to see your consequent pictures!!! And while I doubt the LT1+ would be revealed there, if it is, I know you will not just take great pictures but learn and share all that is available.

Glad you will be there. Sorry I am not with you this year.

Comment

Thanks for that time line, very cool.

I read they are introducing the LT5 755hp crate engine along with a ZZ6 5.7V8 and a L96 6.0V8 at SEMA. I hope they reveal the ME LT1

Comment

I think if we look at Rick *****'s 2020 C8 Reveal Info vlog at around 6:33 in, he makes mention that nobody has been allowed to see the engine. He also mentions just before that tid bit that there is one portion of the car that will knock our socks off. What could possibly be a surprise for us at this point?

Comment

Even those extremely few who have seen the motor, have just seen its engine top cover. But they have have not been able to learn a single fact about it, e.g., its power level, nor even about a single one of its features, etc. Is it being hidden solely because of its looks? Because if it were to be seen it would confirm for us it is an OHV motor? Or something we have not imagined.

Rick is not the first source of someone reporting back that there are parts of it that will knock our socks off. Will be be its exterior, some special features, its interior, or all three? Or more?

Comment

What is your guess? Will it be something that no other sports/super car offers right now? DOHC or OHV probably wont knock anyone socks off. Active Aero? That's currently on the supercars at the moment. Adjustable ride height? Similar to the FGT?
                        Last edited by Keagan-Z06; 10-21-2018, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Keagan-Z06 View Post
                          What is your guess? Will it be something that no other sports/super car offers right now? DOHC or OHV probably wont knock anyone socks off. Active Aero? That's currently on the supercars at the moment. Adjustable ride height? Similar to the FGT?
                          All of the above, plus a price that will be way below the exotics
                          3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

1. I am hoping for a front end lift system...If we can get a front and rear lifting system, that would be amazing!
                            2. Active Aero is more of a novelty item to me, I do not planning on tracking the car and probably will not drive fast enough to benefit from AA.
                            3. Instead of a rear view mirror, what if they projected the rear view on inboard video screen?
                            4. What about a 360 degree camera system?
                            5. What about an alarm system that records from the 360 system once its armed?
                            6. Rev-matching is almost standard on sportscars today.
                            7. Voice activations such as "start" or a biometric thumbprint?

Comment

I think the law requires a rearview mirror. Cant completely do away with that until the law changes.

i have no idea what will knock our socks off except the whole vehicle...

we are getting close...another few months until the detroit show

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X