Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

No ME Stress Needed/Warranted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No ME Stress Needed/Warranted

I am reading all these posts in some many mid engine threads, with many stressing about its price, others concerned about cargo space, and others stressing about its looks. And some choosing to stress about two or more of these three things. Please feel free to worry about other things in your life other than these three 2020 Corvette things. Enjoy life, because as you will see and learn at the reveal, there is nothing in these three areas to worry about.

I can however, understand two causes of stress for potentially 22% of the Corvette world, for 1) the Corvette manual trans is going away — at least for 2020, and 2) I also understand that even if the ME is the most gorgeous sports car in the world, some will always prefer the traditional long hood, short deck Corvette we have had a crush on for 66 years, i..e., the short nose/long rear deck of the ME is going to take a while for some to get used to — and some will never make that emotional quantum shift.

B
    ut even for those who always prefer the traditional Corvette look, that will not, and does not mean that the 2020 mid engine Corvette will be other than spectacular looking.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

John, I think you should facilitate a regular support group meeting to help those of us who might be suffering from ME Anxiety. A little therapy might help us get through the next couple of very anxious months!
    Initial deposit for 2021 Red Mist HTC 11/25/2019 @Criswell
    2000 status 2/13/2021
    3000 status 2/17/2021
    3300 status 4/23/2021
    3400 status 5/5/2021

Comment

Itll be interesting to see how profitable for GM the c8 will be. I anticipate the supply and demand to be quite close for many more years than previous generation corvettes.

i expect price escalation in each of the successive years much like the c4.

buy early to get the best deal.

Comment

Well, I'm high on the list and will get one next year. My only minor stress relates to the color.
        2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
        Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
        2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
        Spectra Grey Tridents.
        Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post
          Well, I'm high on the list and will get one next year. My only minor stress relates to the color.
          I'm positive that the color will be a major part of my ME stress (LoL) then the no manual transmission...
          A thought if I might ...

Comment

Breathe deeply and slowly, then exhale. All is going to be okay, but one thing I absolutely do not know, is what the colors will be (beyond Torch Red, Black, while, and other “predictables”), and so I have not clue one whether one of the colors offered next year will be perfect, or even very good for you. I do believe, but this is based on intuition and not fact, with the paint shop having the capability for 12 colors, and since the ME is such a special new offering, that we are going to get 12 colors next year. I sure hope one or more is exciting to you.

As for the manual loss, I know that will be very bothersome to quite a few. But maybe we will find the DCT to be a change we can live with.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Been through this before with the C6,C7 and the Shelby generation changes for the last 15 years. From my experience both GM and Ford SVT got it right. So there is no worry on my plate only counting the months ,days, minutes and seconds until she arrives. The real kick in the pants is when you drive off the dealer lot. Then it’s fun fun fun till the wife says enough already. Supposed to insert T bird there.
              Black 3LT. Z51 mag ride front lift. black wheels and trim. .... Order status ...in my garage

Comment

I am just going to calm down and wait for the ME. Quietly, and not look at other Me cars currently on the market. I got my big boy pants on, I can do this.
                3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X