MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Welcome Magnaflow As A Featured Forum Vendor. Your products excite!

We are extremely pleased to announce Magnaflow as a Featured Forum Vendor. Many of us have had and truly enjoyed their exhaust systems. Here is their site: https://www.magnaflow.com/. More to come shortly.
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Front Lift....Useful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Lift....Useful?

Wondering for those that got the Front Lift: if you have used it and actually found it useful so far? Does 2-3" really matter? (ya, I know...). Is it worth the $$?
    And for those that didn't get it, do you wish you did?

If you don't get the z51 spoiler on the front, then you don't need the lift
    Torch red 1LT, no options

Comment

True for most circumstances, but not correct for every one.

Might be true for 95% of them, but what if someone encounters a driveway with an abrupt 15+ degree departure from the road (as is across from my daughter’s house). Also I periodically drive by a house where the owner has a lifted pick up and even he goes into his driveway very slowly at a 45 degree angle.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I have a steep incline pulling into my shop, it raises every time I pull in or leave. The supermarket we shop at has massive speed bumps, I have those locations saved in . no need to take the chance , not that much money for the piece of mind. I don't want to have to get my wife out of the car to see if I will clear things. Or even worse , have to hear her panic when things like that are in front of us. Well worth the money in my opinion.

Comment

I'm at 1100 ELB w/ Z51

Comment

Absolutely useful...I used it the first day when I drove my car home from the dealership ….My driveway(s) have a steep approach.... and so do allot of other places ....so it is an option that is very much appreciated ….and is just another way that the C8 is world class....

Comment

Glad to hear early users are finding the feature useful. As far as options go, this one was an easy pick. Functional, relatively inexpensive, and a great party trick for those who have never seen one in action.

The rolled curbs and generally bad city planning where I live only reinforced my decision. I scrape my normal car all the time. I'd probably still order the lift even if I lived in the flatland though.

Comment

Approach angles information from a Corvette Concierge

Base / no E60 11.8 degrees

Base with E60 14.2 degrees

Z51 / no E60 = 9.8 degrees

Z51 with E60 = 11.1 degrees

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

At the 7.18.19 reveal, one of the three loudest audience cheers as information was being progressively announced, was the lift system. [No surprise to any of us that the other two were its sub $60K MSRP and its sub 3.0 seconds to 60 time.]

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	F5C45394-D32F-4421-9877-CCDB5882F76D.png Views:	1 Size:	2.72 MB ID:	131576 I haven’t had much use for it. If I hadn’t purchased it, my car would already be lowered. After it is lowered, there will be a greater need for it. conundrum?
                    Went for a drive today with some Corvette friends. They all like it the way it is. Of course, the C5’s in the group have BIG wheel gaps.
                    Last edited by Meldoon; 03-26-2020, 09:06 PM.
                    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post
                      Went for a drive today with some Corvette friends.
                      That's a nice "generations" pic! 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post
                        Click image for larger version Name:	F5C45394-D32F-4421-9877-CCDB5882F76D.png Views:	1 Size:	2.72 MB ID:	131576 I haven’t had much use for it. If I hadn’t purchased it, my car would already be lowered. After it is lowered, there will be a greater need for it. conundrum?
                        Went for a drive today with some Corvette friends. They all like it the way it is. Of course, the C5’s in the group have BIG wheel gaps.
                        i enjoy all generations although the c8 especially in black is a personal favorite.

proportionally the c8 is all new yet the heritage still shines through. Gm designers did an amazing job and without question black is a personal favorite....

i couldnt do two black vettes in a row yet I am second guessing that decision quite hard...

i hope you enjoyed the drive with your corvette breathern.

Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

The Front End Lift gives you peace of mind especially when approaching speed bumps. Do not have to worry about clearance just use the lift and proceed, no more guessing.
                          After picking up my car in Atlantic City took the Cape May Ferry which has an entry ramp onto the ferry, used the lift with no angst.

Comment

Knowing that I’ll eventually lower my non-Z51 C8, E60 front lift was a no brainer. I already have 4-5 notorious locations programmed with only 20 miles because of issues I’ve ran into with my lowered R8 V10.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the input. Continued responses are welcome...

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X