MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Welcome Magnaflow As A Featured Forum Vendor. Your products excite!

We are extremely pleased to announce Magnaflow as a Featured Forum Vendor. Many of us have had and truly enjoyed their exhaust systems. Here is their site: https://www.magnaflow.com/. More to come shortly.
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

For those who care about Sirius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who care about Sirius

Personally, I don't and have found them to be the most persistently obnoxious spammers I have ever encountered, Ever. https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-...lls-wont-stop/

But for those who do care it turns out that 2LT and 3LT owners who were promised a 12-month trial subscription are only getting a 3-month. I got my "welcome to 3-month trial" mail spam today.

I expect the daily phone calls to start when that expires if not before. Truecaller is my friend.

edit. Possibly this only applies to Canadians. Poor us.
    Last edited by Bikerjulio; 03-26-2020, 06:12 PM.
    2020 C8 Corvette ....DOB 02/03/2020.... VIN L5100026
    Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
    2LT, Z51 + MRC
    Spectra Grey Tridents
    Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

Residing in sunny Niagara, Ontario.

I'm a Rat and so is my car! (a reference to the Chinese astrological calendar).

I could not live without SiriusXM, and I don't care if I get a free trial. I will be transferring my account to the C8
    Torch red 1LT, no options

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post
      Personally, I don't and have found them to be the most persistently obnoxious spammers I have ever encountered, Ever. https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-...lls-wont-stop/

But for those who do care it turns out that 2LT and 3LT owners who were promised a 12-month trial subscription are only getting a 3-month. I got my "welcome to 3-month trial" mail spam today.

I expect the daily phone calls to start when that expires if not before. Truecaller is my friend.

Welcome to your 3 month trial email is not spam. And I'm quite confused as I've been using Sirus/XM for over 15 years and I don't get emails or phone calls from them.

Comment

Originally posted by RoketRdr View Post

I've been using Sirus/XM for over 15 years and I don't get emails or phone calls from them.
        Exactly the same here. Over 15 years, no e-mail spam or calls ever. USA resident.

Bob Sliwa
        Currently Building an All-Electric,1963 Split-Window Coupe Restomod.
        2020 C8 - 2LT, Elkhart Lake Blue, Black interior; Z51, Mag Ride, E60 lift, 5ZZ high wing, ZZ3 engine appearance,AH2 GT2 seats, Red Calipers

Comment

Originally posted by RoketRdr View Post

Welcome to your 3 month trial email is not spam. And I'm quite confused as I've been using Sirus/XM for over 15 years and I don't get emails or phone calls from them.
          Try not using them and see what happens. Did you read my link? My experience exactly.
          2LT, Z51 + MRC
          Spectra Grey Tridents

Comment

Try not using them and see what happens. Did you read my link? My experience exactly.
            I just read the link and by all means if that's happening there needs to be a class action law suit to put a stop to it. Its unfortunate that a lot of marketing campaigns from well known companies these days seem to ignore the law and not care until a group of people files a suit.

Comment

I was an XM subscriber for a long time before the merger. I chose XM over Sirius for a reason. After the merge, they turned into Sirius, and then got progressively worse. XM was a great place to find new artists. Sirius has 6 or 8 stations for every popular genre that play the same cr*p over and over, but almost no place to find unknown artists or less popular genres. And they've crammed so many channels into their bandwidth sound quality is worse than low bitrate mp3s. I won't even bother to activate my free trial.
              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
              >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

For the last 5 years I pay only $5 per month for Sirius radio and I think that’s what it’s worth

Comment

I got the same mail for both C7s, which both came with a 12-month subscription despite what the mailer said. The message is not focused on your particular vehicle, it’s just a generic mailer, probably because the vast majority of manufacturer subscriptions are only for three months and they don’t want to have two different mailers.
                  Last edited by CaryBob; Yesterday, 11:53 AM.

Comment

I'll just transfer the Sirius ID from the current Vette to the New Vette

Comment

I don't care about Sirius. The only sound I need is the NPP of a V8. And, there is no subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by CaryBob View Post
                        I got the same mail for both C7s, which both came with a 12-month subscription despite what the mailer said. The message is not focused on your particular vehicle, it’s just a generic mailer, probably because the vast majority of manufacturer subscriptions are only for three months and they don’t want to have two different mailers.
                        You could be right. I guess I'll see what happens as the 3-month mark comes up.

On a related topic, it's only been 2 weeks and I've already had 2 begging emails from OnStar wanting to give me 2 months "free". (Just give us a CC # they say).
                        2LT, Z51 + MRC
                        Spectra Grey Tridents

Comment

Most of these emails have an unsubscribe option at the bottom.
                          1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                          2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

You could be right. I guess I'll see what happens as the 3-month mark comes up.

On a related topic, it's only been 2 weeks and I've already had 2 begging emails from OnStar wanting to give me 2 months "free". (Just give us a CC # they say).
                            On the C7 I recall that Canadian orders 2LT/3LT only got 3 months while US orders got 12. Maybe C8 is the same?

Comment

I get emails multiple times a week from Sirius. I do like the variety since I drive a lot in “regular” vehicles, but yes personally get lots of junk mail from them to reactivate past accounts. Not a big deal to me

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X