MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Welcome Magnaflow As A Featured Forum Vendor. Your products excite!

We are extremely pleased to announce Magnaflow as a Featured Forum Vendor. Many of us have had and truly enjoyed their exhaust systems. Here is their site: https://www.magnaflow.com/. More to come shortly.
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

What happens when a status 3000+ backs out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens when a status 3000+ backs out?

I'm curious does the dealer have to buy the car if their customer backs out after the Order is Accepted by Production Control? Can a dealer change the order for another configuration for another customer?
    Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
    Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

My understanding from reading the forums is that you can't change the specifics of an order at 3000. Whether the dealer can cancel it completely, I'm not sure. But unless it's something really odd that no one else would buy, like Sebring Orange with two tone blue interior (just kidding Jeremy!), the dealer's going to be able to sell it to someone, so would probably just let the order go through and keep it for dealer stock.
    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
    >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
      My understanding from reading the forums is that you can't change the specifics of an order at 3000. Whether the dealer can cancel it completely, I'm not sure. But unless it's something really odd that no one else would buy, like Sebring Orange with two tone blue interior (just kidding Jeremy!), the dealer's going to be able to sell it to someone, so would probably just let the order go through and keep it for dealer stock.
      OH no, I like Jeremys car. I agree the dealers for now may be glad to have cars for dealer stock as they initially were told that they could only order with customer names.

Comment

I was hoping that my TPW would get bumped up if the dealer could cancel it. OK, Anyone at Cullen that ordered a Torch red 2LT with front lift and carbon flash wheels going to back out???

Comment

?Customer buys from dealer, not from GM. ?All cars are dealer cars, that are resold to customers. Some are advanced re-sold to customer, based on customer specs-order. Customer fails to close. Does dealer forfeit the deposit? Or nicely refund it. Before resell from showroom at market price.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepDog View Post
            . Does dealer forfeit the deposit? Or nicely refund it. Before resell from showroom at market price.
            Totally up to the dealer. Mike Furman says your deposit is refundable even after the car is delivered. Some dealers say once it reaches 3000, the money is theirs. Some are probably even worse.

SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

?Shows why some guys move cars well. Selling ethics and reliability rather than cars.

Comment

I wonder what happens if the car is built and its an NCM delivery and the buyer backs out, what happens to the car? Does it get rerouted before it leaves the factory?
                ---
                2013 BMW M3 Competition DCT
                2015 Porsche Boxster 6MT (gone)
                2014 Corvette Z51 7MT (gone)
                2010 BMW M3 Sedan DCT (gone)

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Totally up to the dealer. Mike Furman says your deposit is refundable even after the car is delivered. Some dealers say once it reaches 3000, the money is theirs. Some are probably even worse.
                  Mike told me that the deposit is 100% refundable should I decide not to place my order. I assume that means once a car is ordered, it is not refundable, which is pretty understandable. His deposit is only $1k, which is lower than many other places.
                  Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods.

C8 HTC with Z51 FE4 coming fall 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Mb1 View Post
                    I wonder what happens if the car is built and its an NCM delivery and the buyer backs out, what happens to the car? Does it get rerouted before it leaves the factory?
                    John said he had to sign a bunch of stuff so in essence the car is his once built. So hypothetically speaking John must take it and if he reneges on the purchase or financing he is subject to the same laws as anyone who defaults. The car is repossessed by the bank or I assume, the Museum. I don't know how they work that. John or anyone who did this should be able to tell us.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X