MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Welcome Magnaflow As A Featured Forum Vendor. Your products excite!

We are extremely pleased to announce Magnaflow as a Featured Forum Vendor. Many of us have had and truly enjoyed their exhaust systems. Here is their site: https://www.magnaflow.com/. More to come shortly.
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Can A 2020 C8 become a 2021 C8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of us know. Ive heard discussion that GM was going to build the 2020 until the end of august and its been said in GM press releases the 2021 model year would start production one month earlier...so instead of a september start for 2021 s..its an august start for production of 2021s..

ordering for new 2020 s ended one month early as well and all 2020 orders had to be in mid March cutoff. (Instead there was no april consensus)

please take my information with a grain of salt..i heard all of this as we had our country shut down in this current national emergency so I may have misunderstood the GM corvette tidbit...but I believe its accurate.

hope this helps and if you or anyone in line for a 2020 and its been moved to an august build of a 2021 model year I dont think Id be too upset...

the august delivery of a 2020 c8 will over a period of 3, 4 or 5 years have probably a five grand lower residual value than a september delivered 2021 in case any of you were considering a grand sport or z06 upgrade.

just a guess on my part though.
    Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey Kornicks View Post
      What is the cut off date for a model to be built or change over over of date. I trust my dealer 100% what I do not know is the cut off date for the 2020 build date.
      I don't think that's the right question.

The right question is " when will 2021 MY production start".

No one knows for sure. Normally it would be in August.

Depending on the length of the shutdown, when restarted I would guess that GM would build those cars already with a 2020 VIN, and other orders in the system (and there are a lot at 3000) up until the end of July and then switch remaining orders to 2021 MY.

Most people would have no objection to that.

If your contract says "2020" Corvette then I'd guess you have a case for getting your deposit back. Most people want the car.
      2020 C8 Corvette ....DOB 02/03/2020.... VIN L5100026
      Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
      2LT, Z51 + MRC
      Spectra Grey Tridents
      Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

Residing in sunny Niagara, Ontario.

I'm a Rat and so is my car! (a reference to the Chinese astrological calendar).

Comment

With todays economic climate contact your dealer and get back 45 out of the fifty grand deposit you gave him..

these car dealers are gojng to drop like flies if this pandemic continues to expand..

sales this month in the country are said to have dropped 45 percent.

I care about you and not a dealer who takes a 50 grand deposit on a 60 to 100 grand car.

five grand tops...fifty grand sounds like a bad move in good times.,,50 grand in this never before heard of pandemic of epic proportions...

either get all your money back and walk...or get 45 grand and stay the course..

fifty grand is a lot of money to most of us with regards to a deposit to order a corvette...

ferraris maybe? But corvettes start at literally 58995 before destination.

im sure my advice seems over enthusiastic yet we are in a pandemic that could take down massive players in various industries..so much so that a 2.2 trillion dollar stimulus package was just signed by the senate...

Please consider my friendly suggestion with regards to your 50 grand deposit.

Comment

I just want options:: I can Waite for the last 2020 to be built. Thank you to everyone for their input

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey Kornicks View Post
            Bottom line... which is the Latest date or month that a 2020 can be built.. please Fact or rules only.
            That's completely up to GM, and none of us are privy to that information. In a normal year, GM would probably make 2020s through July or early August. Because of all the delays will they decide to extend that? GM might not have made that decision yet. It could depend on how long the COVID-19 shutdown lasts. Will they decide that 2020 is hopeless, and stop 2020 after all the current accepted orders, and call everything after a 2021? Again, no one here knows.

Sorry I can't give you the information you're looking for. Bottom line is no one can guarantee you'll get a 2020. If the plant shuts down until August, there may not be any more 2020s built.
            Last edited by meyerweb; 03-26-2020, 10:03 PM.
            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Facts only? Hehehe are you kidding? Nobody has that information and I doubt GM executives know either...this is an evolving national emergency with regards to a world wide pandemic that is randomly killing people.

Comment

Let's look at the facts that we do know are certain.

We are currently in a horrific and uncertain situation, but it will end, and now the end we are told is up to each individual and the precautions they adapt. I guess theoretically, from what I understand, if each person on earth was to totally isolate themselves for 14 days, the pandemic would be done.

Obviously, that's not going to happen, therefore the uncertainty of the timeline for the virus's demise.

We also know at some point in time, the pandemic will be gone, and life has to return to normal.
                I'm sure the executives at GM know this, and I'm certain there have been many meetings as to how to go forward once life resumes, and the economy also becomes healthy again.

The recent experience of selling the Grand Sport was a lesson in sales that I think will repeat itself once C8 sales level off, and supply meets and exceeds the demand.

I'm sure that the majority of automobile buyers, no matter what their financial reserves are, try to obtain the best deal possible, or at least one that appears to be satisfactory to both parties. It's just what the business has become.
                Conversely, when we investigate the need for an operation, you don't usually barter with the surgeon for the best deal possible. (or at least it hasn't come to that yet).

Most potential Corvette buyers are savvy, and will do their homework and research before perusing the market for what is in most cases a hobby car.
                This is exactly what I found out from the majority of potential buyers of the GS.
                Further, adding to the difficulty of getting what I thought was a fair price, GM had discounted the 2019 Grand Sports so much, they were within $10,000 of what I felt was a fair price for my 2017 with all it's mods.
                But, I did sell the car, with a substantial loss, but that did give me some insight as to what the market for C8's will be like in a few years.

At this stage of my life, this will probably be the only C8 I will buy, so I'm not concerned about resale value or trade in value. I'll let my much younger wife handle that. Even let her have her own input on the colors, so maybe she'll keep it.

Now, having presented my position, whether my car is a 2020, or a 2021 does not really matter, but I would probably be very annoyed if I were to only get about 3 weeks use out of it, and along comes the 2021s, meaning those 3 weeks of use cost me about $5000.
                Kudos to those owners that had the foresight to put in their money backed orders years ago, and have their cars to enjoy now.

Granted, these have been very unusual times, and delays that were unforeseen, and in most cases unavoidable. The blame for the GM strike could go either way.

So, while the white shirts are having their meetings, I hope they factor in the future good will of current and potential Corvette buyers, and strive to remedy some of the disappointments and frustrations of the last months.

As I posted previously, where possible, make late 2020s into early 2021s, complete with any planned improvements. We all know that car manufactures hold back a little every year, so as to have something to add the next year.

Our number one concern right now is endeavoring to end this virus, and we will prevail.
                There will be a life after, so let's start planning for it.

Not much else to do,
                Cape Cod Taxachusetts

3LT GDO/AYM Coupe. Z51, Mag Shocks, Yellow Calipers. Black Interior, Black Suede Seats, Yellow Stitching. Yellow Seat Belts.
                Illuminated Sills. Front and Rear Splash Guards. Chrome Wheel Locks, NCM Photo Album Program
                3000 TPW ????????????

Comment

Will said USCANAM. When I factory order my 2015 Stingray in October of 2014 I gave the dealer $2,000.00 check. When the Corvettte came in and I sat down to sign the paper work they gave me my check back.

Comment

Well said USCANAM . I am at the age that this will probably be my last Corvette. So the year of the car doesn't matter to me. I just hope that GM does the right thing for us who have orders in the system price wise.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parker View Post
                      Will said USCANAM. When I factory order my 2015 Stingray in October of 2014 I gave the dealer $2,000.00 check. When the Corvettte came in and I sat down to sign the paper work they gave me my check back.
                      When I picked up my 2017 Grand Sport from MacMulkin I had a very similar experience.
                      That’s why I ordered the C8 from them.

Cape Cod Taxachusetts

3LT GDO/AYM Coupe. Z51, Mag Shocks, Yellow Calipers. Black Interior, Black Suede Seats, Yellow Stitching. Yellow Seat Belts.
                      Illuminated Sills. Front and Rear Splash Guards. Chrome Wheel Locks, NCM Photo Album Program
                      3000 TPW ????????????

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X