MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Welcome Magnaflow As A Featured Forum Vendor. Your products excite!

We are extremely pleased to announce Magnaflow as a Featured Forum Vendor. Many of us have had and truly enjoyed their exhaust systems. Here is their site: https://www.magnaflow.com/. More to come shortly.
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Skid plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skid plates

Well, I got to see my beauty yesterday before it went to get Xpel. The place that’s doing the work suggested a skid plate for under the front. Has anyone purchased one??

Here is a picture. Click image for larger version

Name:	Sandy's new ride.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	2.99 MB
ID:	131284
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sandyslu View Post
      Here is a picture. Click image for larger version

Name:	Sandy's new ride.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	2.99 MB
ID:	131284
      It looks awesome!

Comment

Congrats! I'm sure you're looking forward to many sunny miles ahead. Has your rescue pup tried out the passenger seat yet?

As far as skid plates go, I can't see any value in it for a C8. Can't recall if you got the E60 front lift or not, but even without there's a decent amount of clearance for most roads. Just gotta watch out for those steeply sloped driveways etc. Even if you managed to seriously scrape the Z51's plastic splitter, I'll bet replacing the middle third would be significantly less than installing a skid plate.

Just don't go off-roading with your spiffy new C8!

Comment

Congratulations Sandyslu , w/o even seeing what they are talking about and not knowing any aftermarket companies are even making stuff for the C8 yet my answer would be NO . Just MY opinion though, please let us know ...
          Last edited by Ssscooter66; 03-26-2020, 10:26 AM.
          A thought if I might ...

Comment

Congratulations sandyslu. What a beauty you know have. Happy motoring. As Klinn noted, if you are getting a front lift absolutely no need for skid plates. Never had them on my C7 and did not miss or need them (and we had the full, longer Z06 carbon fiber splitter).
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Are we talking about this? https://www.scrapearmor.com/collecti...te-c8-stingray
              Future: 2020 C8 Z51 3LT Torch Red - 3000 status
              Current: 2014 C7 Z51 3LT Torch Red
              Prior: 1992 C4, 1995 C4 2002 C5, 2005 C6, 2010 C6

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Dave View Post
                Yes, I believe that’s it. And I do have the lift package on my Baby...Klinn, yes Grace has a basket/bed that straps in and then we belt her with her harness.. My husband is 6’9 so he hasn’t attempted to get in it yet. It will be 6 days for the full Xpel to be put on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandyslu View Post

Yes, I believe that’s it. And I do have the lift package on my Baby...Klinn, yes Grace has a basket/bed that straps in and then we belt her with her harness.. My husband is 6’9 so he hasn’t attempted to get in it yet. It will be 6 days for the full Xpel to be put on.
                  Well, I’ll offer my opinion - it’s like insurance. Will you need it today? Probably not. Will you need it tomorrow? Probably not. Will you need it at some point during the life of the vehicle? Maybe. If it wasn’t there, and you scraped the bottom of the nose, would the damage cost more than $500? Hard to say, it’s certainly possible. I would say get it if it reduces any worrying or anxiety.
                  Future: 2020 C8 Z51 3LT Torch Red - 3000 status
                  Current: 2014 C7 Z51 3LT Torch Red
                  Prior: 1992 C4, 1995 C4 2002 C5, 2005 C6, 2010 C6

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Dave View Post
                    That looks like it's in place of the Z51 spoiler, but cannot be installed in addition to the Z51 spoiler. I'd do what others have mentioned and just replace the Z51 spoiler components when needed. I'd install the scrapearmor if I had a non-Z51 car and no front lift.

Comment

How much are new front splitter and under plastic parts from GM? Anybody with exp' from prior GM products?
                      2020 C8 LT2 Z51 Gray outside & Red inside

Comment

Thanks Big Dave. I have not yet heard the cost of a Z51 splitter yet, but the one piece “poverty splitter” for the C7 was $115. Since the Z51’s is a three piece, I am guessing each piece is in the $40 range. And to protect it one would spent $445 for the scrape armor product? Not making financial sense. But it would make sense if one has a visible carbon fiber GM or other manufacturer’s splitter which are if real visible carbon fiber at going to start at $1,000 and go up from there in multiples.
                        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

You paid $1500 for the front lift system so that you dont wreck your splitter or front end. Why are you now wanting to pay another $500 for something you don't need? Tell the guy at that shop you have a front end lift system and to stop trying to sell you more products that you don't need.

Comment

Originally posted by RoketRdr View Post
                            You paid $1500 for the front lift system so that you dont wreck your splitter or front end. Why are you now wanting to pay another $500 for something you don't need? Tell the guy at that shop you have a front end lift system and to stop trying to sell you more products that you don't need.
                            I didn’t tell him I have the front lift, so good advise. Thanks....

Comment

Originally posted by rayzrocket2020 View Post
                              How much are new front splitter and under plastic parts from GM? Anybody with exp' from prior GM products?
                              checked with my dealers parts manager a few weeks ago . $196 for the 3 piece split kit with hardware. Seems very reasonably priced.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X