MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Welcome Magnaflow As A Featured Forum Vendor. Your products excite!

We are extremely pleased to announce Magnaflow as a Featured Forum Vendor. Many of us have had and truly enjoyed their exhaust systems. Here is their site: https://www.magnaflow.com/. More to come shortly.
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

A 2020 will cost to you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stryker1969 View Post
    Yes but if you plan to sell for a ZR1 or a Z06 as I plan to do that year of depreciation coupled with some new goodies on a 2021 will mean something. I'm still a belt and suspenders sort of guy, certainly not the kid who rips open the packaging just to get at the toy. As it is im stuck paying sticker for this car which I'm really not thrilled about ( if you are then God bless you) I just don't want to get banged twice that's all I'm saying
    I'm not thrilled about paying sticker price either. Last time I paid sticker was in 2003 when the HUMMER H2 came out and I had to have it. But it is what it is. I plan on keeping my car, I don't care about a Z06 or ZR1. I agree with JB about getting it so close to a 2021 model year, but who knows... my vert might end up being a 2021 with this pandemic happening right now. But, if you're concerned about the double hit in your case, I'd probably opt out of the 2020 and just wait for a 2021 or even the Z06.
    Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Folks for me idol time is the devil's playground I wish my car had come already

Comment

Originally posted by stryker1969 View Post
        Like it or not this is going to become a genuine issue. How much depreciation is there if you take a 2020 C8 instead of a 2021 C8? I think in resale value versus how much more time you may have the 2020 before the season ends
        If it is a problem for you just cancel your order for a 2020 and make a deposit on a 2021 ..... easy peasey....

Comment

I ordered the 2020 Vette.
          If I cannot get the 2020 Vette then I want out.
          Just think if anyone waiting on a 53 Vette would have been happy if they got pushed to a 54.
          B&B

Comment

Originally posted by Sparro View Post
            Same thing will happen next year, you'll take a hit on the 2021 than the 2022. At some point you either ****, or get off the pot.
            Amen to that!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparro View Post
              Same thing will happen next year, you'll take a hit on the 2021 than the 2022. At some point you either ****, or get off the pot.
              You don't get it maybe this will help Bruce Lee once said " 'It's like a finger pointing away to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.'

Comment

The conversation regarding this year or next year has been an item for discussion as long as this and the other Corvette forum have been in existence. Your reasoning and preference may not match mine and that’s OK for you and for me.

My Preference is to take delivery of our 2020 C8 as soon as possible and enjoy it every day and drive it as much as possible. When the 2021’s arrive, I will be happy for (and not jealous of) those who become owners of 2021’s.

I drove my 1999 C5 until it reached 120k miles. When the C5 reached 100k, I bought a C6 and had both for a while. I am very fortunate to have been able to buy new Corvettes. Not everyone can.

I recall seeing my first C2 split-window sitting on the showroom floor of our local dealership. I was a teenager and already a hooked ‘Car Guy.’ It was in the evening and with my nose pressed against the window. of the showroom glass, there was that black split-window gleaming under the lights. Nothing could be more beautiful than that Corvette! Who could possibly afford to pay $3,600 for a new car? Probably some old guy who couldn’t appreciate the ownership.

Now I am the “Old Guy” and I can afford it and I do appreciate the ownership AND, my preference is to drive out of my Chevy Dealership as soon as possible in my Blade Silver 3LT. Not concerned about depreciation and not concerned with the 2021’s having new features. Only interested in enjoying our new Stingray as soon as possible. Your preference my differ.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunz View Post
                  The conversation regarding this year or next year has been an item for discussion as long as this and the other Corvette forum have been in existence. Your reasoning and preference may not match mine and that’s OK for you and for me.

My Preference is to take delivery of our 2020 C8 as soon as possible and enjoy it every day and drive it as much as possible. When the 2021’s arrive, I will be happy for (and not jealous of) those who become owners of 2021’s.

I drove my 1999 C5 until it reached 120k miles. When the C5 reached 100k, I bought a C6 and had both for a while. I am very fortunate to have been able to buy new Corvettes. Not everyone can.

I recall seeing my first C2 split-window sitting on the showroom floor of our local dealership. I was a teenager and already a hooked ‘Car Guy.’ It was in the evening and with my nose pressed against the window. of the showroom glass, there was that black split-window gleaming under the lights. Nothing could be more beautiful than that Corvette! Who could possibly afford to pay $3,600 for a new car? Probably some old guy who couldn’t appreciate the ownership.

Now I am the “Old Guy” and I can afford it and I do appreciate the ownership AND, my preference is to drive out of my Chevy Dealership as soon as possible in my Blade Silver 3LT. Not concerned about depreciation and not concerned with the 2021’s having new features. Only interested in enjoying our new Stingray as soon as possible. Your preference my differ.
                  A toast to you

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X