MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Welcome Magnaflow As A Featured Forum Vendor. Your products excite!

We are extremely pleased to announce Magnaflow as a Featured Forum Vendor. Many of us have had and truly enjoyed their exhaust systems. Here is their site: https://www.magnaflow.com/. More to come shortly.
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Switching Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching Tires

Does anybody know for sure if the All Season Tires on the base C8 will fit on a C8 Z51? If not, does Michelin make an equivalent All Season tire for the Z51? After I get my C8, I won't be tracking the car so I'm thinking I'd rather have the all season tires on the car. Besides I prefer straight-line racing anyway. . 3 years ago I was able to go to the Ron Fellows race track in Nevada as I owned an ATS-V coupe at the time and that's how I found out I get motion sickness around the curves!

Appreciate any help on this matter and thanks
    Last edited by M/E man; 03-26-2020, 04:59 AM.

Yes the wheels and tire size are exactly the same size.

you can switch the tires easily.

fwiw Im daily driving my c8 z51 on the p4 s summer tires in the ny metro area and Ill wait to see how they feel.

If we have a winter like this year those 4Ps tires will be fine.

if it gets wintery with snow fall i ll get snow tires.

just a suggestion since these 4ps are NOT michelin CUP 2 tires
    Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Well noted JB. I will be getting the identical Michelin A/S 4’s all seasons that come with the standard car, using them for winter tires on my Z51 (second set of wheels coming from MRR).
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
        Yes the wheels and tire size are exactly the same size.

you can switch the tires easily.

fwiw Im daily driving my c8 z51 on the p4 s summer tires in the ny metro area and Ill wait to see how they feel.

If we have a winter like this year those 4Ps tires will be fine.

if it gets wintery with snow fall i ll get snow tires.

just a suggestion since these 4ps are NOT michelin CUP 2 tires
        Thanks! Just what I was hoping for. Do you happen to know the tire sizes for the Summer tires front and rear and the Z51 tires for the front and rear also? Just curious.

Comment

245/35/19 front 305/30/20 rear

https://www.google.com/search?q=corv...obile&ie=UTF-8 weird that the first google search would in fact have a misprint

here is the chevy site information. https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us...2020.tab1.html

always glad to help out.
          Last edited by JB; 03-27-2020, 03:59 AM.
          Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            Well noted JB. I will be getting the identical Michelin A/S 4’s all seasons that come with the standard car, using them for winter tires on my Z51 (second set of wheels coming from MRR).
            John, that is also my plan. Will you share your MRR wheel choice for us?

Comment

I sent an inquiry to Tire Rack for OEM All Season Run Flats and their response was as follows:

Thanks for your inquiry.

We actually can get those tires anytime. We don't necessarily inventory these at the moment because there aren't many people who have the C8 just yet. All I would need to do is place an order for you and it would only be about 5-7 business days to get them in. I can be reached at 1-800-428-8355 Ext 4427 or email me at [email protected]

If you have any other questions or want to place an order, please feel free to contact me. If you are placing an order online, please be sure to reference my name on the order form in the box directly under the credit card number, so that I can watch over the order and expedite the process.

Best regards,

- Carl

Follow-up on pricing is:

245/35R19- $309.06

305/30R20- $411.49
              From another post:

Comment

i will not be switching anything to whatever. I do not have to worry about putting chains on my car's tire here in Florida, Remember those days. A chain breaking and doing a number on the fender, lol

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X