Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

10/19 ME Featured YT Video:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10/19 ME Featured YT Video:

Always nice to see a new YouTube C8 video. Some cool render pics in this one. I just captured these two, but there are more. While we know the taillights are not correct in their shape, that pic alone shows how once we see the actual lighting/lens, we will have a brand new look to the rear of the car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9E0E036D-BE90-4211-94FA-1B144F5124E3.jpeg
Views:	23
Size:	281.1 KB
ID:	13099

Name:	9A029C98-660A-4D54-A957-A31DFB255C5F.jpeg
Views:	15
Size:	312.6 KB
ID:	13100

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Flaming exhaust tips. Nice!
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I had forgotten that as we have, standard on the ZR1, exhaust flames under certain conditions. Thanks for that reminder meyerweb. Consequently, we could well have them on the 2020 entry ME, especially since I am personally believing, that the LT1’s+ that we will be getting for the C8 will have both port and direct injection as the ZR1 does.

Also thinking that the LT1+, while having the same traditional OHV, V8 “structure” that GM does so well, it will have other enhancements that take it over the 460 HP of the LT1, while still simultaneously it being downsized to 5.5L.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I'm hoping for 5.4 liters, or the classic 327 cubic inch V8!
        Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Name:	BA1F731F-A854-4D9B-B19A-400DDA008633.jpeg
Views:	90
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	13112

5.4L, 327 cubic inches, it shall be.

Comment

Im thinking the hp jump has to be closer to 500 hp for the standard first year engine on the c8.

460 hp just doesnt seem to be the smart option for hp for the latest and greatest corvette for 2020 model year...

500 has a nice ring to it..

If the twin turbo upgraded powerplant has a flat plane crank...id suggest a displacement reduction to 3.9 liters and not 5.4 as suggested.

fords flat plane crank is too large and many of the benefits are lost because of it..

shaking iself to pieces being one of them. (Vibrational challenges)

no flat plane crank and diplacement could very well be 5.4 liters.
            Last edited by JB; 10-20-2018, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Yes ford had to abandon the flat plane crank in their Mustang GT4 race car program . After one year they found Customers were not going to spend the money rebuilding that engine after every race. So they went back to the CPC and have sold a lot to customers for the ***** series races. In fact they won the first 4 races this year until imsa put the brakes on that with bop. We don’t need a FPC in the Corvette. Been there done that and no thanks with the FPC.
              2020 Blade Silver 2LT Z51 front lift ,mag ride ,black trident wheels and carbon fiber dash

Comment

Thank you MikeC8. I did not know that.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X