MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Welcome Magnaflow As A Featured Forum Vendor. Your products excite!

We are extremely pleased to announce Magnaflow as a Featured Forum Vendor. Many of us have had and truly enjoyed their exhaust systems. Here is their site: https://www.magnaflow.com/. More to come shortly.
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Frustrated Delivery Delays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated Delivery Delays

VIN #358 STILL SITTING @ BG? Built 2/10/20! Any ideas on why this would be the case? Any other LOW VINS still waiting? Makes no sense. Dealer has no idea?
    WHAT TO DO?
    3LT, Torch Red, Z51, Black Trident Wheels, Competition Seats, Red Stitching and belts, PTM, Carbon Fiber ground effects and interior, Front Lift, Dual Carbon Roof, High Wing Spoiler, Racing Stripe in carbon, Red calipers, Performance exhaust, Engine Appearance

call and or email corvette concierge

Comment

My car was built on 3-13-2020 Vin # 2454 and I picked it up at my dealer in Duluth Ga ( Rick Hendrick ) on 3-23-2020 and drove it home.. unless there are specific options on your car that are causing a delay or quality hold.....only corvette concierge could find out …. the dealer perhaps.....but that's who they would go through.. or if you have museum delivery, the museum could find out.

I am sorry to here about your delay and I truly feel for you.

My car is Arctic white, 2LT, Z51, Mag Ride, Front lift, Natural , GT1 seats....
      Last edited by C808; 03-25-2020, 08:33 AM.

Comment

I had heard some of the low VIN cars were pulled cause of the DCT issue

Comment

CC can't tell you anything, I have asked repeatedly ...because mine is there too and has been since 02/17. It has passed all QC and shows delivery status "Pending". JCT did update and shows dealer name and location now....but looks as if my car is still in BG waiting for a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by kuzmast55 View Post
            VIN #358 STILL SITTING @ BG? Built 2/10/20! Any ideas on why this would be the case? Any other LOW VINS still waiting? Makes no sense. Dealer has no idea?
            WHAT TO DO?
            I totally understand the frustration our car #285 was finally just delivered on 03-23
            Our C8 Arctic White, two tone interior black w/ red seats, 3LT...options--EYK, PIN, E60, ZZ3,VK3, ZYC, DTH, Q8Q, ERI, YF5, FE4, Z51, BV4

Comment

Originally posted by corvette1953 View Post

I totally understand the frustration our car #285 was finally just delivered on 03-23
              VIN 682 and 1182 not yet at dealership (Winnipeg, which is 455 miles North of Minneapolis). Delivered to Toledo, Ohio Rail yard March 13th and no updates since.

Comment

Sorry kuzmast55. Sorry for others whose C8 was produced a while ago but your C8 still has not arrived at your dealer.

I learned yesterday that the world of our C8 is so complex with the new Digital Vehicle Platform component including much better cyber attack security, that because each C8 has a unique set of options and security protocols, that updating software (they did find as reported at least a software upgrade during the QCH), that each car has to be specifically and separately updated.

The good news is that this process is continuing right now, did not end with the plant shutdown. For those whose C8’s only have needed software upgrades, might some or all of those updates being done over the air?

As to how come some early, early produced ones are still not released from BGA, while I do not know this as fact, could some experienced a problem part(s) (oft rumored as the DCT?) — and thus require being fixed greater than just a software update.

However, where would we like our C8’s fixed?

As I earlier asked at the identical time during the C7 rollout, “would you rather your dealer, 98% of which have never seen the car, nor received hands on training, nor has parts, to attempt to fix it, OR leave it to the professionals at BGA who have the best training, experience and the parts to complete its proper assembly?”

I say this from one whose VIN 1750 is also awaiting moving away from BGA.

We saw a report that another JCT transporter left the plant yesterday, e.g., more confirmation that those that were completed are continuing to move toward us.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy2bHere View Post

VIN 682 and 1182 not yet at dealership (Winnipeg, which is 455 miles North of Minneapolis). Delivered to Toledo, Ohio Rail yard March 13th and no updates since.
                  My C8 #1356 was in a similar status. I tracked on Palsapp and it showed deliver to distribution center in Toledo on March 13, 2020. Since then no movement. Today, I called my dealer and they said they were not able to help. Within minutes I emailed Chevy Concierge and they immediately responded saying my car was on a train headed toward Silver Bow, MT. My courtesy deliver dealer is in Idaho Falls, ID which is 3 hours south of Silver Bow. Its getting closer!

Comment

From Concierge

Thank you for reaching back out – we certainly understand your concern and excitement regarding the delivery of your vehicle. Many have been waiting with bated breath to hear their vehicle is produced and ready to ship. We are showing your Torch Red 3LT coupe model listed at 4D00 and being on hold at the plant at this time.

As you may know, our CEO, Mary Barra, made an official statement that North American manufacturing facilities will be closing at least through March 30th, as health and safety of employees, customers, and all those that enter our facilities is GM’s top priority. This means that we do not have a contact present at the Bowling Green facility to relay your inquiry to. We do know that some orders have been held longer than others, especially those made very early on in the build timeline and apologize for any delay you’re experiencing. We do usually see this status just prior to a vehicle’s movement, but ultimately, the dealer is usually informed directly sooner than our system (which is the same they refer to) reflects shipment.

We can certainly relay a message to the proper channels asking for any clarification on your order, but as we’ve seen thus far, it’s likely that your vehicle is just in need of approval for shipment which would be given by a UAW employees. With the effects of the pandemic, production and delivery is in a very fluid state and we’re unable to make any solid statements or predictions at this time. It is understood that you’re anxious to get shipment information at this time but recommend your dealer escalate through their zone team for further guidance as to timeline.

3LT, Torch Red, Z51, Black Trident Wheels, Competition Seats, Red Stitching and belts, PTM, Carbon Fiber ground effects and interior, Front Lift, Dual Carbon Roof, High Wing Spoiler, Racing Stripe in carbon, Red calipers, Performance exhaust, Engine Appearance

Comment

Originally posted by kuzmast55 View Post
                      From Concierge

Thank you for reaching back out – we certainly understand your concern and excitement regarding the delivery of your vehicle. Many have been waiting with bated breath to hear their vehicle is produced and ready to ship. We are showing your Torch Red 3LT coupe model listed at 4D00 and being on hold at the plant at this time.

As you may know, our CEO, Mary Barra, made an official statement that North American manufacturing facilities will be closing at least through March 30th, as health and safety of employees, customers, and all those that enter our facilities is GM’s top priority. This means that we do not have a contact present at the Bowling Green facility to relay your inquiry to. We do know that some orders have been held longer than others, especially those made very early on in the build timeline and apologize for any delay you’re experiencing. We do usually see this status just prior to a vehicle’s movement, but ultimately, the dealer is usually informed directly sooner than our system (which is the same they refer to) reflects shipment.

We can certainly relay a message to the proper channels asking for any clarification on your order, but as we’ve seen thus far, it’s likely that your vehicle is just in need of approval for shipment which would be given by a UAW employees. With the effects of the pandemic, production and delivery is in a very fluid state and we’re unable to make any solid statements or predictions at this time. It is understood that you’re anxious to get shipment information at this time but recommend your dealer escalate through their zone team for further guidance as to timeline.

I received the exact same reply from the second paragraph on. So far my dealer has no updates either. Wait and see as it has been.....but at least I have projects going on to keep my mind elsewhere.... hahaha

Comment

4D00 means quality control checks. So they may have discovered an issue with the batch including your car and are waiting on parts, or just waiting for workers to get back to fix whatever the problem is.
                        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                        >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

It's impractical, but it would be interesting if we knew the exact configuration of the early cars that haven't been delivered. Would we find a common thread in those? A common option, for example. Or a common production week?

Comment

UPDATE

it shipped! Miracles do happen ....

Comment

Congratulations and thanks for letting us know the improved status.
                              Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X