MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Welcome Magnaflow As A Featured Forum Vendor. Your products excite!

We are extremely pleased to announce Magnaflow as a Featured Forum Vendor. Many of us have had and truly enjoyed their exhaust systems. Here is their site: https://www.magnaflow.com/. More to come shortly.
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

(Video/Pics) C8 DIY Paint Correction and Fit/Finish Walkaround

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post
    Thanks, again, for all of the kind comments. I really enjoy detailing my cars...when I have time! LOL

It's LED and as bright as the sun! But I don't know the exact brand that the builder purchased. It's so bright that I can't look up at the lights at all if I walk in from the dark. The lighting helps me see every little imperfection!

A company aptly named...........

​​​​​​https://www.ocdcarcare.com/lighting-...tial-concepts/
    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Great video Jeremy! Really appreciate your genuine gratitude to the Corvette team and everyone else involved in getting that beautiful car to you.

Comment

Thanks, friends...but what have I gotten myself into!? LOL

Comment

Thanks, friends...but what have I gotten myself into!? LOL
          Jag, I did the same this weekend, and finished the ceramic coating yesterday. I did the wheels and the paint, after a wash, clay bar, paint correction, strip wash, surface prep, and finally ceramic coating and then ceramic boost after curing. I only did the outside face of the wheels. I will do the barrels at a later date. I used Adam's products, as that is what I am familiar with. It took a couple fo days to do all of the work and let it cure. As you can see, the sun came out today finally - so about time to drive it some more!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4811.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	3.26 MB
ID:	131109
          CMGM C8, 3LT, HTO Tension/Twilight, Z51, FE4, 5VM, 5ZZ, C2Z, E60, FA5, ZYC, ZZ3, Q8T Wheels, R8C Museum Delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by CMG_C8 View Post

Jag, I did the same this weekend, and finished the ceramic coating yesterday. I did the wheels and the paint, after a wash, clay bar, paint correction, strip wash, surface prep, and finally ceramic coating and then ceramic boost after curing. I only did the outside face of the wheels. I will do the barrels at a later date. I used Adam's products, as that is what I am familiar with. It took a couple fo days to do all of the work and let it cure. As you can see, the sun came out today finally - so about time to drive it some more!

Car looks awesome! Job WELL DONE!

Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4811.JPG Views:	47 Size:	3.26 MB ID:	131109
              Great work! Ceramic Gray never looked so good!
              Last edited by jagamajajaran; 03-25-2020, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Great work! Arctic White never looked so good!
                Thanks! Your car is looking fantastic. I have a soft spot for the Sebring Orange, all of the way back to the old 1969 Hugger Orange Firebird!

BTW, My car is Ceramic Matrix Gray, but that is what is cool about it. In different light it is either white, white metallic, matte gray, or a faint baby blue!
                CMGM C8, 3LT, HTO Tension/Twilight, Z51, FE4, 5VM, 5ZZ, C2Z, E60, FA5, ZYC, ZZ3, Q8T Wheels, R8C Museum Delivery.

Comment

So how noticeable is the difference before/after paint correction? I ask because I'm a bit disappointed that Auto Armor did not have a paint correction done prior to applying the Front End+ Xpel package. They said they only have paint correction done for full Xpel jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by VicH View Post
                    So how noticeable is the difference before/after paint correction? I ask because I'm a bit disappointed that Auto Armor did not have a paint correction done prior to applying the Front End+ Xpel package. They said they only have paint correction done for full Xpel jobs.
                    I used some LED lights and went over the car pretty carefully. I had fine scratches/swirls on the hood, and the back tailgate. I am a car show guy, and a car show judge, so my OCD kicks in big time. Most people wouldn't have noticed what I corrected, but I definitely did. You always want to correct before you add film or ceramic, because otherwise, you are coating or filming the flaws in. If you don't notice them, then it isn't a big deal. If you were to lock swirls and fine scratches into a semi-permanent protection of some kind, that wouldn't be ideal.

Comment

That is Beautiful.......
                      Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Originally posted by VicH View Post
                        Definitely made a difference on my car. Watch from 2:30 to 2:46 on my video and you'll see what I was dealing with before paint correction.

Comment

Definitely made a difference on my car. Watch from 2:30 to 2:46 on my video and you'll see what I was dealing with before paint correction.

Ah, dammit. I don't want to pay my local shop to remove 3 grand worth of existing PPF and I pay for it AGAIN.

Comment

Cool video Jeremy. Keep us updated on the PPF install
                            2020 Convertible, Torch Red, 2LT, NPP, Natural, GT1, E60, Q8Q, perpetual status 3000

Comment

Thanks Jeremy, great video! Your car looks amazing!!!
                              Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 ordered from Kerbeck, VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - DELIVERED. C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X