MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

(Video/Pics) C8 DIY Paint Correction and Fit/Finish Walkaround

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Video/Pics) C8 DIY Paint Correction and Fit/Finish Walkaround

DIY paint correction is complete and she's ready for some frontal PPF. After that, I'll ceramic coat the car (also DIY). I demonstrate the paint correction process in the video and then do a close up walkaround at 7:49 into the video. I'm really excited about how she looks after paint correction, which will get even better after ceramic coating! Let me know if you have any questions about the process.

Click image for larger version  Name:	8222C9FD-DCBC-4610-89E4-12E881E65D15.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	123.0 KB ID:	130784

Last edited by jagamajajaran; 03-25-2020, 12:37 AM.

I haven’t had time yet to watch your video yet. Your car looks staggering as is.

Comment

Originally posted by MidEngine View Post
      I had not had time yet to watch your video yet. Your car looks staggering as is.
      Thank you!

Comment

Thank you so much Jerimy!
        So much good info -- now I just have to get confident with the polisher -- then again, I just might leave it up to the pros!
        TPW March 2. 3LT, Z51, FE4, Black GBA, ZZ3, Black interior with Red seats/red stitch HU0 & 2 tone TU7, E60, J6N, RIK, Q8Q, etc.
        Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada

Comment

Thank you Jeremy. Your car looks terrific. Want to paint correct mine please? I would just sit back and watch you do your magic.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Want to do mine Jeremy? I'll drive to you lol.

Edit: John beat me to it!

Comment

Thanks, friends! And if you bring it to me, we'll make it happen!

Comment

Sold! I'll bring the beers.

Comment

Nice ! Now you've got to start your paint correction business. I'll be your 3rd customer. Just let me know when to drop it off at your house.
                  Rocket City Florida

Comment

Wow, that is amazing!
                    Thank you!

Comment

great video, keep it up

Comment

I need my garage to be that clean ,,, nice Job all around Jeremy

Comment

Did the polishing do anything to remove the “orange peel” ?
                          Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Jeremy,

Your car looks amazing. I'll sign up for the paint correction, whenever mine gets built. I'm about 400 cars away from being produced. Same color and wheels as yours. Hope they get back to work when it is safe for the workers at BGAP.

2014 Laguna Blue 3LT Stingray
                            2019 Sebring Orange 2LT Grand Sport

2020 C8 in Sebring Orange 2LT with Z51, Magnetic Ride, Spectra Gray Trident wheels, Carbon Flash Mirrors/Spoiler, Front Lift, Orange Seat Belts, Black Interior, GT2 seats, Engine Appearance Package

Comment

Thanks for the comments!

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post
                              Did the polishing do anything to remove the “orange peel” ?
                              It will help a little. The OP is in the clear coat, so polishing does help some. It removes about 1/32 of the width of an index card on the clear coat each time you polish. But the only way to completely remove OP is to color sand, which frightens me since you're removing a more significant amount of clear coat. Steve Ray color sanded my 2017 Grand Sport and then re-clear coated it. Perfect finish with that process.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X