MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Welcome Magnaflow As A Featured Forum Vendor. Your products excite!

We are extremely pleased to announce Magnaflow as a Featured Forum Vendor. Many of us have had and truly enjoyed their exhaust systems. Here is their site: https://www.magnaflow.com/. More to come shortly.
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Will GM will raise your price for the model year 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will GM will raise your price for the model year 2021

If you currently have a deposit with a dealer and are at order status 1100, and did not make the cut off on the 2020 C8 builds, do you think with all that has transpired so far in the year 2020 that GM will raise your price off the $59,995 for the model year 2021

IF you have a retail sold order placed, it would be extremely bad form for Chevrolet to ask for more money if they have to move you to a 2021. It's not we buyers who are at fault for missing delivery. With that being said, they've made such a big deal about keeping the price under $60K, even if you place a new order in May, it would not be a good PR move for an increase in base model 2021 pricing – especially since the 2020 production is going to be so small. We'll see...

Comment

If you are at code 2000 not 1100 I would not think GM would raise the price. But this is just me thinking what would make good business sense on GMs part. But then I also feel that GM may not raise the price at all for 2021 to keep the under 60K price hype going. They need something.

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
        If you are at code 2000 not 1100 I would not think GM would raise the price. But this is just me thinking what would make good business sense on GMs part. But then I also feel that GM may not raise the price at all for 2021 to keep the under 60K price hype going. They need something.
        Then I wonder how 2021 is going to change from 2020. Strike or virus they still had to have had 2021 already planned out as far as some changes either mechanical, options, or color changes. If there is no price change who wouldn't want 2021

Comment

I believe that GM will do the right by people in light of the delays + economy and NOT initially raise prices on 2021. This should include any 2020's that get pushed and the first few order cycles for 2021. This will ensure all the passionate early adopters get taken care of, stimulate the economy back to health and continue the positive trajectory of this new generation Corvette.

What can they do in addition to this? I hope GMAC will offer a very low or 0%.
          This car and all its parts feed allot of families, let's get America back on its feet as quickly as possible!
          2020 C8 | 2LT | GKZ Torch Red | Z51 Performance Pckg | FE4 Mag Ride | J6F Red Caliper | C2Z Carbon Roof | AE4 Competition Seats | FA5 Carbon Interior | E60 Front Lift | ZZ3 Engine Appearance Pckg | 5ZU High Wing Spoiler | SPY Black Lug Nuts | 5JR Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps | VQK Front/Rear Splash Guards | RCC Red Engine Cover

Comment

As I wrote in another thread about 2020 pricing:

No one outside of GM (and maybe not even inside GM, yet) knows what 2021 pricing will be. Billions of electrons have died in online speculation about what the price increase will be, with guesses from a couple of percent to $20,000. I'm willing to bet that whatever GM was planning in terms of 2021 pricing is going to be re-evaluated internally based on the much lower than projected deliveries of 2020s, the state of the economy, GM's bottom line, supplier issues, and more.

If the economy is in a big recession, and purchases of luxury items like the C8 have tanked, GM might hold the line, or even reduce prices on some packages, or make more equipment standard (rear view camera / mirror and blind spot monitoring on the 1LT, for example), or offer rebates or 0% financing. OTOH, if the economy is recovering and demand for the C8 is still outstripping supply, they might decide they can raise prices to help offset the big losses they're taking because of the strike and COVID-19. We just don't know enough to predict yet.

As for "who wouldn't want a 2021," there are buyers who really, really want a first year C8. Not sure if they just like the idea of "first," or if they think that, like the '63 SWC, it'll be worth more money some day.
            Last edited by meyerweb; 03-23-2020, 12:19 PM.
            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

There will be some changes for 2021, e.g., perhaps two new colors and a couple of new offered options.

Let’s return to OP’s question. It was well answered above but some history will be useful.

In 2014 even with massive overtime, GM accepted (2000 status and above) 1,150 orders they could not complete. What they did was even though there was a 2015 price increase, was to NOT apply that increase for those 1,150 orders — and those 1,150 were assembly line first-built 2015’s.

However again as noted above that price increase non-implementatation was only for accepted 2000+ orders. We do not have any recent GM history to help us predict whether an 1100 order (which GM has not committed to building) might be exempt from a potential 2021 price increase, do not have history as to whether GM would after completing the earlier build of the accepted orders, would next prioritize 1100 orders.

Let us please remember that any dealer, even one who has not bought the 2020 required $1,454 tool package, never commitment to send even one of its staff to C8 Spring Mountain training, did not even sell a single Corvette in years, could have a staff person enter an order for a Corvette and have that order become status 1100. 1100 therefore could mean nothing to GM — for it is solely a dealer requested “asking,” not a GM commitment to following up on it.

​​​​​​​We can speculate as to how GM might handle 2020 submitted 1100 status orders, but at this point it is pure speculation. We wish the best but we do not know.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I think the above points have some merit and has been stated speculation. Being an eternal optimist I prefer to think no increase to relatively modest. Hears hoping for the best and that this pandemic is resolved quickly.

Joe

Comment

I think if the rearview mirror camera becomes standard there will be a price upgrade.

other than that i see prices fir those at 2000 and above pretty safe from a price upgrade.

midway through 2021 model year there will be a price increase which is only my speculation

by then all previous 2020 orders will have been filled as 2021 models.

sounds logical but just a guess.
                  Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Don't forget, the dealer has a stake in this too! At MSRP, he's making a few $$$$ on a C8, especially if it's loaded. If you are an 1100, the first person you need to talk to is your dealer, not Tadge, Harlan, Mark, or Mary!.
                    GD0 Accelerate Yellow Metallic; 3LT; HUE Natural Napa Leather; AE4 Competition Sport Seats; FA5 CF Interior Trim; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride Suspension; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q CF Open Spoke Wheels; J6F BR Brembo Calipers; RCC ER Intake Cover; DTH CF Racing Stripes; ZZ3 Engine App Package; VQK Splash Guards; ERI Battery Protection; R8C Museum Delivery

Proud LTM NCM.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                      ​​​​​​We can speculate as to how GM might handle 2020 submitted 1100 status orders, but at this point it is pure speculation. We wish the best but we do not know.
                      I wonder how dealers would handle it. I had a signed purchase agreement with price before I went to 2000. He can't back out on the price so I suspect IF GM raised the price the dealer would have to swallow the increase.
                      Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                      Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

Glad I went to 3000 on 3.18.20.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidM View Post
                          Glad I went to 3000 on 3.18.20.
                          I heard they are still sending cars to dealers! You may get lucky!

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
                            I wonder how dealers would handle it. I had a signed purchase agreement with price before I went to 2000. He can't back out on the price so I suspect IF GM raised the price the dealer would have to swallow the increase.
                            Your purchase order is for a 2020. If GM can't provide them a 2020, and all the dealer can deliver is a 2021, I'm pretty sure that P.O. becomes null and void. I suspect the dealers lawyers also inserted enough legalize to let them back out if they need to.
                            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                            >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Z06ZR1 View Post

I heard they are still sending cars to dealers! You may get lucky!
                              They are still sending cars; another transporter was sighted yesterday.
                              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X