Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

SGTMAJ USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER Joins MECF As A Featured Forum Vendor.

Welcome to SGTMAJ USMC USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER! We are so happy to have you now join us as a MECF Featured Forum Vendor. We can not wait to help your new business grow. We know you will provide a great transport service to our members and others!
2 of 3 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

C8 vin decode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 vin decode?

So I got bored and started pouring over HD pics of the car at Nurburgring. And noticed a sticker on the back bumper that said “2813” and then noticed the front windshield had a sticker right where the VIN is to be. And noticed it also had “2813” on the end of it. So with this sticker it has the last 8 of the VIN “1LYN2813” is this even remotely possible to decode based off these numbers? I know that the plant code is the 11th digit and the model year is the 10th digit which shows to be a 1. Don’t know if that means 2021 model year? And L is the plant code made in get this... Elizabeth Australia! That’s where this car was being developed if I remember right with that Holden front clip and c7 stingray cabin with that holden rear body and spoiler?? Not to mention Corvette logo was cleared for use in Australia last year, because the next generation C8 was rumored to be sold in Australia too! What do you guys think? Am I losing my mind or on to something here!
    Attached Files

Good eye to spot that! Very interesting. Hmmmm.

Comment

1LYN2813 is not a full VIN which needs to be 17 digits.

They seem to be using some abbreviated version. Or not related at all.

1 indicates US manufacture.
      L is the code for 2020 model year but would normally be the 10th digit.

Since these are not production cars I'd think that GM can make up any system they want to identify them.
      2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
      Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
      2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
      Spectra Grey Tridents.
      Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

While I can not answer the question directly, The typical process for developing a new generation of Corvettes is that earliest mules and some of the first IVERS 1.0 (Integration Vehicle Engineering Research) are made in a special facility in Warren, MI, and then they start to make the IVERS 2.0’s at BGA. As we noted back in July, the process of building ME’s within BGA has became reality then (or before that).
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

There will be definite different columns of the 17 that make up all Corvette Vehicle Identication Numbers (VIN for the 2020 mid engine C8, but this will help all who want to learn the VIN basics. Thank to GM and to “Zymurgy” for providing/retrieving this information.

Click image for larger version

Name:	42898422-E045-4D7D-A231-2F09813ED4C3.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	498.0 KB
ID:	12964
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post
            1LYN2813 is not a full VIN which needs to be 17 digits.

They seem to be using some abbreviated version. Or not related at all.

1 indicates US manufacture.
            L is the code for 2020 model year but would normally be the 10th digit.

Since these are not production cars I'd think that GM can make up any system they want to identify them.
            I know that there is supposed to be 17 digits I was saying that this is the typical last 8 of the VIN and many manufacturers can look up parts etc. off just the last 8.

Comment

These IVERS we have seen to date are not saleable units. They will be crushed when finished, or, extremely rarely, put in a special place like the GM Heritage Museum or the National Corvette Museum. Overall, most well be crushed, if for not other reason, they are not built of100% “production approved parts,” and thus GM would not accept the liability of selling them even if that were legal. Even if there were all 17 digits of the VIN able to be found, if there is an “X” within it (for experimental), again the crusher, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by xXColorShiftXx View Post

I know that there is supposed to be 17 digits I was saying that this is the typical last 8 of the VIN and many manufacturers can look up parts etc. off just the last 8.
                It's not typical of the last eight.

Here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicl...ication_number
                2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
                Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
                Spectra Grey Tridents.
                Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X