Collapse

C8 reveal in New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ugh ... NY auto show ... I've been a few times and found that it wasn't worth the early rise, long drive and all the Toll$ to get there. I hope the reveal is sooner than that. No recent sightings lately has me somewhat concerned. I thought we would have heard something about the reveal by now ... only crickets from GM. It is what it is ... sigh.

Comment

Not sure what level this "engineer" is at, but unless very high up in the organization.... It's unlikely (to say the least) that GM is sharing any reveal information with the rank and file. I'd be willing to bet that even most of the engineers who have worked on the ME aren't in the loop on the reveal. I've worked with large companies, and rumors are as much the stock and trade there as they are on forums like this one.
      Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Good points meyerweb, and why I am not buying airline tickets anywhere yet.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

NYAS can be as early as March; next year’s is as late as it can be (public days from April 19th-28th). That is late, and in and of itself, mitigates the chances of a reveal there.
          Enjoying my Shadow gray C8. What a car it is.

Comment

Does revealing this in April accommodate the scheduling they need to run the C8.R next IMSA season?

Comment

So much conflicting info as to whether the C8.R’s are even going to run next year — at least as to whether they would be running before LeMans. Here are some of the disparate info somewhat related to your question.

Les Wong, NCM Board member, stated at last month’s 24th Anniversary Celebration at the Museum, that the C7.R will be running next year.

Doug Fehan noted that it would take a waiver from the ACO for the C8.R’s to run at LeMans — and seeking a waiver now, and then getting a second one for the 2020 calendar year would be challenging.

The Ford GT was given waivers for two successive years, for they did not even have a customer car until 1 1/2 years until after they ran in the IMSA series.

Some have appropriately questioned whether GM would want one additional year of testing before they bring out the C8.R, for we won the drivers’ IMSA Championship this month, and were not far out of the running for either the Team Championship nor the Manufacturer Championships. Might GM want to continue testing and developing the C8.R one more year before they run it so that when it comes out, it does not have a poor showing?

Sorry the above is just info all around your question, but clearly it does not answer it head on. Can anyone do so?
              Enjoying my Shadow gray C8. What a car it is.

Comment

For those who are saying, no way in hell GM would wait to reveal the ME until the April 19th New York Auto Show, here’s some key metrics to contemplate:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	221EF494-0428-446A-996B-F9BCD4002043.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	900.8 KB
ID:	13147

BTW, the press days when new vehicles are revealed start 179 days from now.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X