MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Welcome Magnaflow As A Featured Forum Vendor. Your products excite!

We are extremely pleased to announce Magnaflow as a Featured Forum Vendor. Many of us have had and truly enjoyed their exhaust systems. Here is their site: https://www.magnaflow.com/. More to come shortly.
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Critical C8 Jacking Point Information Thanks To Jeremy Welborn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
    Thanks Meyerweb and John. The reason I asked because our jack pucks for the C7 GS (C28-63 Corvette Jack Pad Tool w/15mm extension from Reverse Logic) are round. Thanks for reconfirming that these will fit on a C8.
    Heidi
    The part that sticks out the top of the puck should be oblong, no? They are on my RL pucks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	237641570.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	129578
    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
    >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

My RL pucks were ordered a week ago. They confirmed they will fit the C8.

Comment

Great.... another thing that I have to worry about with the PDI, lol.

Comment

[QUOTE=meyerweb;n129577]

The part that sticks out the top of the puck should be oblong, no? They are on my RL pucks.

Yes it is; Verified again yesterday and checked also underside of GS (which is difficult to do without a lift). Thanks again.
          Heidi
          Save the Wave

Comment

A couple more interesting finds when jacking the car up at home for the first time. Last night, I was going to take the wheels off to ceramic coat them. First, the lug size is 7/8, not the size of my C7 GS. Second, if you jack the car up while the doors are locked, the motion/tilt sensor goes off and the horn and lights beep and flash. That will wake you up (and everyone else in the house)! The other thing different on the C8 is that the lug torque specs are now 140 ft lbs, which is different from the C7 as well.
            CMGM C8, 3LT, HTO Tension/Twilight, Z51, FE4, 5VM, 5ZZ, C2Z, E60, FA5, ZYC, ZZ3, Q8T Wheels, R8C Museum Delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by CMG_C8 View Post
              Second, if you jack the car up while the doors are locked, the motion/tilt sensor goes off and the horn and lights beep and flash.
              C7 was the same.

The other thing different on the C8 is that the lug torque specs are now 140 ft lbs, which is different from the C7 as well.
              Geez! I think my big torque wrench goes to 150, but I'm going to have to check to make sure.

SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
              >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

...Second, if you jack the car up while the doors are locked, the motion/tilt sensor goes off and the horn and lights beep and flash.
                There's a button next to the OnStar controls which temporarily disables that part of the alarm system. I think it's primarily intended for use if you have to flat-bed the car somewhere for repair.

Comment

Just an FYI, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT LIFT ON THE TRANSMISSION PAN AREA, WOOD BLOCK OR NOT, you will crush the solenoids in the dct, and itll get expensive real quick, fluid from gm is 45 bucks a quart.
                  Your friendly neighborhood Technician

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	237641570.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	129578
                    I use the flat plastic 1/2 inch thick clip-on's and just leave them on. Ones like those are too thick to use with a floor jack.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Z06ZR1 View Post

I use the flat plastic 1/2 inch thick clip-on's and just leave them on. Ones like those are too thick to use with a floor jack.
                      I have two harbor freight floor jacks and both fit under these pucks without any problem at all. Also used a QuickJack with them, also no problem.

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                      >36,000 miles

Comment

Low rise floor jacks work really well even with the extra thick Reverse Logic pucks. I got tired of wrestling around my old steel floor jacks and went with aluminum ones (what a joy).

Thanks meyerweb for the news about the Quick Jacks working with a regular set of skirts/rockers, and I am sure they would work well with the large aero rocker adds ones.
                        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                          Thanks meyerweb for the news about the Quick Jacks working with a regular set of skirts/rockers, and I am sure they would work well with the large aero rocker adds ones.
                          That's on my C7, of course, but the clearance on the C8 seems to be about the same.

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                          >36,000 miles

Comment

A couple more interesting finds when jacking the car up at home for the first time. Last night, I was going to take the wheels off to ceramic coat them. First, the lug size is 7/8, not the size of my C7 GS. Second, if you jack the car up while the doors are locked, the motion/tilt sensor goes off and the horn and lights beep and flash. That will wake you up (and everyone else in the house)! The other thing different on the C8 is that the lug torque specs are now 140 ft lbs, which is different from the C7 as well.
                            7/8? The lugs are metric, 22mm.
                            The greatest sound in the world is a Rolls Royce Merlin over 100 inches.

1LT, Elkhart Lake Blue, Adrenaline red seats, Z51, FE4, Bright Silver 5-open spoke wheels, chrome emblems

Comment

Originally posted by TAdams65 View Post
                              7/8? The lugs are metric, 22mm.
                              7/8 = 22.2 mm. Pretty close. Many metric sizes have very close US std equivalents. A 3/4 inch socket is 19.05 mm, and works fine on 19mm lug nuts.

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                              >36,000 miles

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X