MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Welcome Magnaflow As A Featured Forum Vendor. Your products excite!

We are extremely pleased to announce Magnaflow as a Featured Forum Vendor. Many of us have had and truly enjoyed their exhaust systems. Here is their site: https://www.magnaflow.com/. More to come shortly.
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

How many customers will cancel their orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Don't agree with the statement that most of us have defined benefit plans. I suspect very few of us have those. They started disappearing about the time I entered the workforce some 45 years ago. My very first job was the only one I've ever had that offered a defined benefit plan. Ever since it's been nothing but 401-Ks and IRAs for me. Many of us are living off our retirement savings. And many people have little in the way of retirement savings. They're probably not in the market for a C8 anyway, though.
    If you don’t have a defined benefit plan ...which I realize 85% don’t have then a 401K or IRA are your only options. When I said most of us have I was being sarcastic. Because I saw this coming for years. People better have a tremendous amount in their IRA (401K converted ) when they reach 65. It depends on your standard of living of course. But on average it will take $2mill and no mortgage to live another 20 years in retirement. But where do you put this money in a conservative approach. Conservative investments mean different things to people.
    RED ,C8. 2LT Z51.black wheels and trim. .... Order status 6000 car is home in garage
    .VIN.1906

Comment

• I am seeing C8's for sale....Marked up.....74K sticker-Dealer price $100K.... Maybe I will order another?

Comment

• I am fortunate enough to have a defined benefit plan along with a 401K and a roth as well as a conventional IRA. This was all planned out by my bride a long time ago. So at this point in my life there would be no reason for me to cancel this order unless health becomes a problem. Hopefully I'll get a car this year regardless of it being a 20 or a 21.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flht95 View Post

Is ANYONE aware if any of these ebay C8 sales are actually being bought? I'm seeing some pretty hefty prices and I guess this delay is even making those that are available NOW even more appealing! Just curious, No intention of selling mine BUT here in AZ particularly Scottsdale with all the money, if someone says would you sell that for $10K more than you paid for it, I'd be tempted. If they said $20K it would be sold!
          I watch ebay every day and I have not seen a 1LT sell for 100K. There is two 1LT on ebay right now I am watching. There were some 2LT and 3 LT that have sold, supposedly but in the past few days it seems as though the interest is falling off. for people to pay high dollars. I am feeling that some are saying that they have the same interest as they did a month ago but I am not seeing it . Reality is if this continues for two months as it did in China. there will be a limited few that will want these cars. Most will have other things on their mind. It can go either way. But most likely the market will soften for these cars. Keep in mind that GM is cranking up for a European interest this summer and that will not happen . Come December with two shifts making these cars there will be plenty and the 10 pct discounts will be out there. It happened in 2014 and our economy will be worse this December than it was in 2014.

Comment

• Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
            Those who get sick and croak will certainly never take delivery.
            Waiting for the death list? Never thought of that approach for getting my C8. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeC8 View Post

If you don’t have a defined benefit plan ...which I realize 85% don’t have then a 401K or IRA are your only options. When I said most of us have I was being sarcastic. Because I saw this coming for years. People better have a tremendous amount in their IRA (401K converted ) when they reach 65. It depends on your standard of living of course. But on average it will take $2mill and no mortgage to live another 20 years in retirement. But where do you put this money in a conservative approach. Conservative investments mean different things to people.
              Agreed. I see articles on how much you need to save to amass $1 million, and think "that's just not enough to last through 20 years of retirement."
              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
              >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

• A defined benefit pension is a pretty good deal, but unfortunately, fewer and fewer people have them. Health care is another BIG issue. for many. Medicare provides real savings once you hit 65. I am not a Bernie Bros., BUT letting me buy into Medicare early would have saved me over $1600.00 a month after I retired at 62 and had to pay for COBRA coverage. (Biden agrees with the Medicare buy-in option).

Fortunately I have both a good pension and Medicare health coverage (with AARP supplemental coverage), and I thank the Good Lord everyday for the blessings he has given me. I know I am one lucky dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Leadfoot View Post

it may be called a "market adjustment" but in reality it is just a greedy dealer trying to jack you up for additional profit. I assume if your car is almost in you have the price in writing on the sales order from when you made your deposit. They cannot change that. If they do, I would let them know you will be on every public website telling the story and making a fraud complaint to the Attorney General's office. If the facts are on your side, and in writing, you will prevail.
                  Tell them your mother in law works for the Attorney General in the state your buying the car in that always seems to get a fast positive answer to your question

Comment

• I know John would prefer this site to be civilized, but listening to some posters who have never encountered a head wind in their life complain about how incompetent GM has been, is disgusting to behold, and offensive to many.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmickfly View Post
                      I am seeing C8's for sale....Marked up.....74K sticker-Dealer price $100K.... Maybe I will order another?
                      There was a 1LT on ebay that "sold" for $100K. But the buyer didn't actually buy it, the dealer started contacting people who bid lower prices, and they all said no, too. Dealers can list a car for whatever they want. Doesn't mean anyone will buy it.
                      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                      >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

• Originally posted by AbqVic View Post
                        I know John would prefer this site to be civilized, but listening to some posters who have never encountered a head wind in their life complain about how incompetent GM has been, is disgusting to behold, and offensive to many.
                        nicely put and this is very true !

Comment

• This too will pass ...

I haven't yet put in an order, but I'm not in a big rush. I have a Vette and the more I wait, the more cash I'll have to put down to get exactly what I want. The C8 will be around for a few years so there's no need for me to get overly anxious.

I remember all the excitement of the 1997 C5. I waited because I didn't want the first year, but I waited a little too long to order the 1998. I eventually ordered around September or October of 1998 and got the call the first week of April 1999.

My goal is to get as much as I want factory installed and anything that can be purchased later at the dealer or put on myself, I'll do that. My internal rule is to never finance something you can pay cash for. (wheels, ground effects, trim, ect)

I tend to keep my car a long time, so it's best to keep that in mind if that your choice.

In the end, pull the trigger when you're ready, get exactly what you want and have No regrets ... Enjoy the Ride

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X