MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

How many customers will cancel their orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after all these little things that in a large part was their doing
    I'm curious, what delays do you feel were GM's doing? Certainly they share some of the blame for the strike, and it's duration, but otherwise I'm not sure what GM could have done differently. The QCH delayed shipments, but not production, and COVID-19 certainly isn't GM's fault.
    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
    >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by dcbingaman View Post

You are in good company - Jim Cramer (Mad Money) thinks the market is WAY oversold at this point, but we are really only back to 2016 on the Dow. People forget that only 10 years ago, the Dow was as low as 6700 points. I doubt we will go back there, but the largest appreciation in investments are those that are made in bear markets.

We are in the hold of the bears right now, but in the 21st Century these things can turn around in an instant. As soon as someone has a viable vaccine for this bat bug, the market will roar back like a Saturn 5 rocket launch. We may be just weeks from such news, even if the safety trials take several more months. We have this bat virus DNA on the world's supercomputer clusters and they are running literally thousands of compounds against this thing in simulation. There is no doubt in every virologist's mind that this thing can be beaten....its just a matter of when.
      Hope you are right! I'm bored, no golf tournaments to watch or anything else for that matter. weather not great for touring in a new Corvette. ( If I had mine )

Comment

2 reasons I see for cancellations the biggest stock market crash 10,000 points in a mater of weeks and the 2021 will start building who would want to take delivery of a car that is already last years model

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

I'm curious, what delays do you feel were GM's doing? Certainly they share some of the blame for the strike, and it's duration, but otherwise I'm not sure what GM could have done differently. The QCH delayed shipments, but not production, and COVID-19 certainly isn't GM's fault.
          I am with you meyerweb and perhaps go one step further, for to criticize GM for doing an excellent job during the QCH in taking time when problems were identified during the hold in fixing them??? I give GM accolades for taking whatever time was needed to fix them. To release C8’s from the QCH earlier because customers were impatient makes no sense to me (not that GM would have done that), but as I always ask...

Would we have preferred that our dealers, 98% of which has never seen a C8, nor received hands on training, nor has parts, for them to attempt to fix it, OR leave it to the professionals at BGA who have the training, experience and the parts to complete its proper assembly?

Let us remember that the QCH for the C8 was actually a few days shorter than it was for the C7.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Crunch View Post
            2 reasons I see for cancellations the biggest stock market crash 10,000 points in a mater of weeks and the 2021 will start building who would want to take delivery of a car that is already last years model
            For every cancellation, there are 5 who want to buy a 2020. We have seen literally tens posts of folks expressing dismay that due to various factors they are fearful of not getting a 2020. Every day I get a PM from a member asking me if there is any way I could help them get one (regrettably I can not at this time).

MANY want a 2020 even right at this time, even with the market’s significant downturn.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Out of 71 Deposits only 1 individual has asked for their Money Back. His C8 was scheduled to be built the week of 3/23/20. I am surprised that the number isn't higher.

Comment

I look at our situation this way: If we all were to hold back on purchases out of fear of a pending recession (which is unavoidable at this point) then we actually help to make that recession deeper and longer. If however, we all throw caution to the wind and make big (seemingly frivolous to some) purchases we increase the chances of this recession being shortened. No differently than our efforts to blunt the curve of this virus, we too can change the inflection point of a recession. Buy C8 = Help the economy!

BTW, got the good news on Friday the 20th that my order had hit status 3000!
                G9F Ceramic Matrix Grey Metallic; 2LT; Adrenaline Red interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 Front Lift; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; Black Rocker Panel Extensions

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post

Hope you are right! I'm bored, no golf tournaments to watch or anything else for that matter. weather not great for touring in a new Corvette. ( If I had mine )
                  Could you imagine finally winning the raffle for Masters tickets and finding out they might not even end up having the event? That is much worse than not getting a C8

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteHorse View Post
                    first of all I also hope and pray that people will stay healthy and that a medical solution will be found. The economy will rebound rapidly, but not overnight.

Secondly, I am sure there will be cancellations, and I may be one of them. I'm retired and already took out the money for the car while the economy was hot. Like Kman0066 above, my cancellation would be caused by frustration with General Motors. They have been nothing but a bunch of bunglers about getting this car into the hands of the people. It has been pointed out in this form that there has been at least six delays of various types including a super late start. Literally hundreds of people are waiting on their cars that are sitting in lots and have been for the past month or longer. Do I want to sink 75 grand into a company like that?

I wrote the following paragraph as a response regarding the shutdown but it is appropriate here as well.
                    This delay directly affects me as my order changed to 2000 last week on 3/12, and to 3000 this Wed. 3/18.
                    I now have no idea of when I will get my car. Last week I was told in about 5 weeks. Now , who knows? I was really excited about this car - watching all the Youtubes, reading all the manuals, joining this forum and reading from all the good people here, etc. Now the wind has been taken out of my sails as I may not get a 2020. I will not accept a 2020 vehicle in Aug or Sept., after 8/9 months of the depreciation year are gone. I am sure I am not alone on that.

GM seems so inept that they can't even deliver the cars they have already made a month ago! This is like the 6th delay, only 2 of which were unavoidable, and, truth be told, the strike only had an indirect delay on the C8 because it was not being built yet anyway and their engineering staff was still working.

I may just look for a new Lexus or Audi, which hurts because I have my heart set on this car.

I would hope GM would have some darn good incentives for keeping frustrated customers on board for 2021 -- most especially early deliveries!
                    WOW, my feelings exactly. I too do not want a year old car or a 2020. GM should have started the production as a 2021 but most likely did not cause of the negative press back in 1983/1984.

Comment

• GM seems so inept that they can't even deliver the cars they have already made a month ago! This is like the 6th delay, only 2 of which were unavoidable, and, truth be told, the strike only had an indirect delay on the C8 because it was not being built yet anyway and their engineering staff was still working.
                      That the strike didn't delay things is just completely wrong. Production was scheduled to start well before the strike ended, and would have started. That the engineering team kept working doesn't change the production was delayed. As for GM being inept, the QCH is planned from the beginning, and is no different than is done for many other brand new car models, including the C7. As John has said, if problems are found (and they were) better to fix them at the factory than at a dealer who's never turned a wrench on the C8 before.

GM likely didn't start the car as a 2021 because they expected to have the rest of the model year to build cars after the strike. No one could have predicted the impact of COVID-10.

**it happens. Brand new cars frequently have problems that aren't discovered before cars are built. That's why some of us are waiting until year 2 to buy. You can blame GM for not building a perfect car, but can't blame them for factors outside their control.
                      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                      >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

• Most of us have gone through these ups and downs in the stock market. By the time we are 65 we have accumulated enough retirement saving to take a more conservative approach to investing. Most of us have defined benefit plans that pay a fixed income retirement with survivors benefits. Our retirement investments are meant for unforeseen situations. It these situations don’t occur then we leave our assets to our children and their children. That’s our plan . Regarding our purchase of a C8 ....that’s already done. “Most people don’t plan to fail they just fail to plan.”
                        Last edited by MikeC8; 03-26-2020, 08:49 AM.
                        RED ,C8. 2LT Z51.black wheels and trim. .... Order status 6000 car is home in garage
                        .VIN.1906

Comment

• Originally posted by Patter88 View Post
                          I look at our situation this way: If we all were to hold back on purchases out of fear of a pending recession (which is unavoidable at this point) then we actually help to make that recession deeper and longer. If however, we all throw caution to the wind and make big (seemingly frivolous to some) purchases we increase the chances of this recession being shortened. No differently than our efforts to blunt the curve of this virus, we too can change the inflection point of a recession. Buy C8 = Help the economy!

BTW, got the good news on Friday the 20th that my order had hit status 3000!
                          Your post reminds me of the old Great Depression era song, "Let's Have Another Cup of Coffee" I think we can resurrect that song, adding a new line or two for this forum

"Mister Herbert Hoover, says that now's the time to buy

So Let's have another cup of coffee, let's have another piece of pie....

Keep the assembly lines rolling, Corvettes come rolling by,

A C8 in my driveway, under a cloudless sky"

Comment

• Originally posted by Crunch View Post
                            Quite a few of us! It's only a first year model once, and if we don't get our 2020 until June or July, we still get 3 or 4 months of enjoyment out of it. If we wait on a 2021 we may get it in late Aug or Sept, if then, and only get a month or 2 use. I'll keep my order for a 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeC8 View Post
                              Most of us have gone through these ups and downs in the stock market. By the time we are 65 we have accumulated enough retirement saving to take a more conservative approach to investing. Most of us have defined benefit plans that pay a fixed income retirement with survivors benefits. Our retirement investments are meant for unforeseen situations. It these situations don’t occur then we leave our assets to our children and their children. That’s our plan . Regarding our purchase of a C8 ....that’s already done.
                              Don't agree with the statement that most of us have defined benefit plans. I suspect very few of us have those. They started disappearing about the time I entered the workforce some 45 years ago. My very first job was the only one I've ever had that offered a defined benefit plan. Ever since it's been nothing but 401-Ks and IRAs for me. Many of us are living off our retirement savings. And many people have little in the way of retirement savings. They're probably not in the market for a C8 anyway, though.

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                              >36,000 miles

Comment

• Even with a relatively conservative allocation in my retirement portfolio, the COVID-19 market crash has wiped out market value on my account much more than the price of a well equipped C8 Z51 HTC. And the roller coaster ride isn't over yet. Gives one pause for parting with almost $90K at this moment.

I had no order in the first place, thinking instead toward model year 2022. Hope we get a recovery by then. Or, I could catch a Corona and croak, in which case, I will be able to afford an impressive head stone.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X