MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

How many customers will cancel their orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many customers will cancel their orders

I gotta think this Virus and its financial impact on all of us will force or make customers with existing orders cancel or not take delivery? Thoughts.....

I'm thinking that the demographic segment represented by the typical Corvette buyer for once, is working in GM's favor. I don't think the old retired guys are facing the same impact that the younger folks out there with jobs and families. Sooooo in my opinion the cancellations will be minimal. This will hot have the same impact that the rest of the Chevy line or, say, Toyota or Honda will feel. I'm pretty sure that a lot of folks who planned to buy a new SUV or sedan because the economy was going along so good are deferring the purchase and will reevaluate it once things settle down.

Comment

My cancellation criteria: I get bumped to a 2021 and there's a price increase for the same car. Maybe I would place an order again at a later date, but nothing COVID-19 related from me. Just reaction to frustration with GM and UAW.

​​​​

Comment

For sure there will be some no doubt. There have been some who already have had their car built and had to bow out, basically becomes dealer stock at that point. Obviously no problem selling it to someone else right now. There may be more in the coming months with the uncertainty of the financial markets and jobs.

For the folks who still want one sooner than later and can afford it regardless, doesn't hurt to put in an order with one of the big forum dealers. Chances are with cancelations you could be looking at early run 2021's. What better way to help our economy then buying good ole' American muscle!
        2020 C8 | 2LT | GKZ Torch Red | Z51 Performance Pckg | FE4 Mag Ride | J6F Red Caliper | C2Z Carbon Roof | AE4 Competition Seats | FA5 Carbon Interior | E60 Front Lift | ZZ3 Engine Appearance Pckg | 5ZU High Wing Spoiler | SPY Black Lug Nuts | 5JR Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps | VQK Front/Rear Splash Guards | RCC Red Engine Cover

Comment

There will definitely be cancellations. The older demographic may be getting hurt harder in their retirement accounts and the younger demographic will think twice about spending money on something they may feel they do not need. This situation is a wake up call to all and will leave a lot of us with thoughts of what is really important in life. Also the younger targeted demographic will not be exposed to this car the further the delay in production is. With the european market planned to be open up this summer??? They will not be buying as anticipated. If your order has not been accepted , WAIT these cars will be discounted by late 2020, just my opinion and I certainly do not mean to be negative. I certainly pray that my predictions are incorrect for all but with 2.25 million filing unemployment just this past few weeks and the predicted future , our economy will be slow to recover.
          Sorry, I am a realist and have to stay focused on reality. I will continue to prepare for the worse and pray for the best, that is all we can do at this time
          Stay Healthy

Comment

Originally posted by newvetfan View Post
            I gotta think this Virus and its financial impact on all of us will force or make customers with existing orders cancel or not take delivery? Thoughts.....
            Tough call for all who are caught in the middle of this scenario. This virus is causing worldwide damage to both life and business. 100,000 already have signed up for Unemployment Benefits this week in Pennsylvania, my home state. Nobody knows for sure how long this crucial situation will last. If it goes over a year and according to the media, this is a real possibility, this economy will suffer immensely. If this does occur the C8 supply will far outweigh the demand.
            The C8 is a gorgeous vehicle, however, it is considered a luxury purchase, not a necessity. Many individuals will now evaluate very closely if they want to lay down that kind of money for a vehicle. I hope first and foremost that we all come through this pandemic healthy, with our families in tact with a roof over our heads and a few rolls of spare toilet paper.

Comment

first of all I also hope and pray that people will stay healthy and that a medical solution will be found. The economy will rebound rapidly, but not overnight.

Secondly, I am sure there will be cancellations, and I may be one of them. I'm retired and already took out the money for the car while the economy was hot. Like Kman0066 above, my cancellation would be caused by frustration with General Motors. They have been nothing but a bunch of bunglers about getting this car into the hands of the people. It has been pointed out in this form that there has been at least six delays of various types including a super late start. Literally hundreds of people are waiting on their cars that are sitting in lots and have been for the past month or longer. Do I want to sink 75 grand into a company like that?

I wrote the following paragraph as a response regarding the shutdown but it is appropriate here as well.
              This delay directly affects me as my order changed to 2000 last week on 3/12, and to 3000 this Wed. 3/18.
              I now have no idea of when I will get my car. Last week I was told in about 5 weeks. Now , who knows? I was really excited about this car - watching all the Youtubes, reading all the manuals, joining this forum and reading from all the good people here, etc. Now the wind has been taken out of my sails as I may not get a 2020. I will not accept a 2020 vehicle in Aug or Sept., after 8/9 months of the depreciation year are gone. I am sure I am not alone on that.

GM seems so inept that they can't even deliver the cars they have already made a month ago! This is like the 6th delay, only 2 of which were unavoidable, and, truth be told, the strike only had an indirect delay on the C8 because it was not being built yet anyway and their engineering staff was still working.

I may just look for a new Lexus or Audi, which hurts because I have my heart set on this car.

I would hope GM would have some darn good incentives for keeping frustrated customers on board for 2021 -- most especially early deliveries!
              2020 C8 | 2LT | Arctic White | S. Gray Trident Wheels | Bright Red Calipers | Carbon flash mirrors | GT2 Seats | Natural Leather | Front Lift | Engine Appearance Pkg | Red seat belts| Red Engine Cover.
              Will add aftermarket: Black Lug Nuts with locking nut| Front/Rear Splash Guards | black out the gray on the wheels | TN air filter to bump it to 500 horse| partial PPF | and much needed window tint here in Central Florida

Comment

The correct answer is “some”.
                Future: 2020 C8 Z51 3LT Torch Red - 3000 status
                Current: 2014 C7 Z51 3LT Torch Red
                Prior: 1992 C4, 1995 C4 2002 C5, 2005 C6, 2010 C6

Comment

I got the cash already allocated and waiting to get and pay the bill.

Comment

Come hell or high “fever” there a C8 with my name on it and I mean to get...........period....
                    2014 Stingray Laguna Blue “Cindyblue”
                    3000 status : TPW not known until 2 weeks prior to build 😬
                    2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C

Comment

I have a handful of a car company stock. Yesterday I was informed the company will not pay dividends for a while. Does not impact my position however it will impact some. Some will invent scenarios that are complex but not true. Its the same folks buying up TP. Charlie aka cutnout

Comment

The wait and delays have been frustrating for all who have had deposits down for months if not years - BUT the Corvette team has been dedicated to getting this car as close to 100% “right” out of the gate more than anyone I’ve seen before. You can’t deny that. This car has been a stretch for GM and they can’t afford to have egg on their face with their halo vehicle. So many times a manufacturer sends something out the door that they rushed through development and it ends up spending more time in service bays than on the road. There is so much “new” to this car you have to be patient to be rewarded with what they’ve created.

The virus debacle has now added fuel to the fire for all the impatient (myself included) but it’s first world problems at the end of the day and I’ll be honored to be able to own such an epic sports car that marks the beginning of a new era for Corvette.

BZ

Comment

Those who get sick and croak will certainly never take delivery.

Comment

The virus and economics will not cause me to not buy the car. Like many I am frustrated with how this has gone down but I love the car.

Comment

If GM pushes me back to a 2021 I could handle that. But then to hit me with a price increase that would make me mad as hell.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X