2020 ME In SHOCK (Yellow/Green)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 ME In SHOCK (Yellow/Green)

GM is busy announcing that its new SHOCK is ever expanding into its new 2019 line up. First it was the Bolt, and today they announced that that color is coming to the 2019 Camaro. Knowing two things, might it be coming as the replacement yellow for the lighter 2019 Corvette Racing Yellow?

First, at this past April’s BASH, Tadge heard from a few at the end of his presentation that they wanted a return to the brighter Velocity or Millennium Yellow. When he asked for a show of hands “who wants a brighter yellow?” — the hands of the yellow lovers shot up.

Second, GM has a pattern of when it introduces a new color, it often “spreads” that color across not just models within that brand, but across GM’s 4 brands.

We first saw SHOCK on the 2019 Bolt:

Click image for larger version  Name:	CAB9B6F4-B6E0-444F-8F62-0A4D29639CF7.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	452.3 KB ID:	12827

And here are today’s two official pictures of how that color will look on the 2019 Camaro.

Click image for larger version  Name:	9A862A50-C0EC-4EEE-AD4D-FB5D69892B19.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	280.7 KB ID:	12828

Click image for larger version  Name:	701F5005-4410-49ED-81A7-C4A8070510F7.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	318.2 KB ID:	12829

What are you think of this color if it were to on our 2020 ME? Though also knowing GM, it would probably have a different color name.
    Last edited by John; 10-16-2018, 05:03 PM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

That first picture makes me want to buy a bolt and do an Opel rebadge. However, I would really like this color of Yellow on the C8
    Sigmon - Hamilton, Ohio, USA
    2021 Elkhart Lake Blue Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 3LT Z51, D30, BV4, E60, EYK, FA5, FE4, Q8T, ZZ3, J6N
    Deposit: March 20/20, 1100: Nov 17/20, 2000: Feb 12/21, 3000: Feb 17/21, 3300: April 15/21, 3400: April 23/21 TPW 5/3/21, 3800: 5/4/21, 4200: 5/10/21, 5000: 5/10/21, 6000: 5/10/21

Comment

Pictures on computers are often deceptive, but this appears to have too much of a green tint for my taste. Will have to see a Camaro in person and under several lighting conditions.

Comment

Since I'm getting a yellow C8 this topic is of interest.

Agree that the Camaro looks green, and I went to the GM site to double check - same thing. Maybe if the car wasn't in the dark it might look better? These images are a little off-putting.

Also color looks nothing like the Bolt which looks close to the Velocity Yellow of my current car.

edit - I believe the Bolt you have there isn't Shock. Here it is. Sadly still looking very green. Now I have a problem. Pity.

And this guy says the color name is "Shock" which is appropriate. https://electrek.co/2018/09/17/2019-...bolt-ev-shock/

Is there any way of telling the Corvette team that this is horrible color?

Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-09-17-09.48.02.jpg?quality=82&strip=all&w=1000.jpg Views:	1 Size:	170.0 KB ID:	12835

Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-09-17-09.47.33.jpg?quality=82&strip=all&w=1000.jpg Views:	1 Size:	162.4 KB ID:	12834
        Last edited by Bikerjulio; 10-16-2018, 12:19 PM.
        2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
        Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
        2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
        Spectra Grey Tridents.
        Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

How do you classify that as yellow?
          There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
          2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
          79 coupe Silver/oyster
          All one owner
          Museum lifetime members

Comment

We do not know for sure that this will become the “yellow” for the ME, just that GM often, as noted above, cross-uses new colors across its models/brands.

However, the 2020 ME could continue to get the same Corvette Racing Yellow we have this year, or get an entirely different yellow all together.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Plasboy View Post
              How do you classify that as yellow?
              The name appears to be "Shock" rather than "Shock Yellow" but either way it sucks based on these images. We can only hope it's exclusive to Bolt and Camaro.

The 2019 Camaro SS will be offered in the new Shock exterior starting in early 2019. It is shown with dealer-available accessories and performance parts, as well as concept parts.
              https://media.gm.com/media/us/en/che...aro-shock.html
              Attached Files
              Spectra Grey Tridents.

Comment

Thanks Bikerjulio for the correction, That GM only calls SHOCK. To my color defective eyes it looks yellow — though with way more green in it than I personally like.

Thank you.

Comment

Still learning, for actually on today’s press release for the 2019 Camaro, it does call it SHOCK yellow (though on the earlier PR on the Bolt, it only called it SHOCK. Here is the exact GM press release from this morning (pictures not reproduce here as they are in OP.

Originally posted by Media.Chevrolet
                  2019 CAMARO IS AWESOME IN SHOCK

SEMA show car previews new exterior color and expanded range of accessories

2018-10-16

DETROIT — Chevrolet today previewed a new Shock yellow exterior color for the 2019 Camaro. It will be available in early 2019.

The color made its debut on a 2019 Camaro SS show car that will be on display at the SEMA Show Oct. 30-Nov. 2 in Las Vegas, where it will be shown with new accessories and performance parts available from Chevrolet dealers.

“There’s a fresh look for the 2019 Camaro, which is restyled, reinvigorated and offers more choices and new technologies,” said Steve Majoros, director of Chevrolet Car and Crossover Marketing. “It’s the perfect canvas for personalization, and the new Shock color and available accessories demonstrate only some of the possibilities customers have to make the Camaro entirely theirs.”

The expanded portfolio of accessories and performance parts includes second-generation ground effects, a black wing spoiler, fuel door with exposed carbon-fiber insert, black Camaro fender badges, 50-state-legal cold-air induction kits, RECARO® performance seats, Brembo® six-piston front brake upgrade kit and 1LE suspension components.*

The Chevrolet accessories and performance parts were designed by the same designers and engineers responsible for the Camaro itself, for seamless design and performance integration. The accessories and parts were also validated to the same rigorous standards as the factory-installed components, and their installation does not void the new-vehicle limited warranty.

Customers can shop online for the parts at Chevrolet.com/accessories and choose home or dealer delivery, as well as select dealer installation.

The Camaro SS Shock show vehicle also features concept front-end styling that includes a relocated bowtie emblem and concept hood/fender graphics. It will be joined in the Chevrolet SEMA display by a personalized Camaro LT convertible, shown in new Satin Steel Grey Metallic and featuring concept red accents and additional accessories.
                  https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us...aro-shock.html

Comment

This is the last of the pictures in this morning 2019 Camaro in SHOCK yellow press release:

Click image for larger version

Name:	A5B5DFA3-7E6D-4D4E-BF1C-3D3925A2695B.jpeg
Views:	207
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	12859

Comment

Shock! looks nearly identical to the Hyper Green stripes offered on Grand Sport:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hyper Green stripes.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	12874
                      Senior Editor and Founder of CorvetteBlogger.com. I drive my dad's 1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible and the National Corvette Museum is my personal Graceland.

Comment

That was a great find CorvetteBlogger. Thank you for taking us back down a memory lane, and come to think of it, even with several trips to the NCM Bash, always our walking the parking lots, especially in the “car show” section, I do not remember seeing a single GS with Hyper Green hash marks.

Hmmm. Might that predict “Shock’s” success (if that becomes a 2020 ME color)?
                        Enjoying my Shadow gray C8. What a car it is.

Comment

That first Bolt image at the top of the thread is called "Yellow gold" in a blog I found published in May. It's not "Shock". https://insideevs.com/2019-chevy-bol...e-improvement/

There is a dealer Youtube vid showing a Shock Bolt and it's not as bad as the renderings, but still a "cold" color IMO.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2018-10-17 at 7.43.11 AM.png Views:	1 Size:	1.18 MB ID:	12891
                          Last edited by Bikerjulio; 10-17-2018, 07:09 AM.
                          Spectra Grey Tridents.

Comment

Kind of a Lambo-esque color.

Comment

That’s an accurate comment. Think Lambo if you like it; if not, we will have lots of other really nice colors.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X