Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today: Carbon Revolution, from Australia, Discuss Their Carbon Fiber Wheels

Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett sits down with Tim deSouze from Australia and Brad Lethorn from their North American office. https://youtu.be/F0LBAqkYjY4; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...rxNOYlIxPjYr24. Tim and Brad talk about the origins of the company, what other car brands they make Carbon Fiber wheels for and the future of Carbon Fiber!It's a fascinating and informative show! Don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.

Don't miss a single episode of CORVETTE TODAY on podcast and YouTube. Each week's episode launches on Monday at 12 midnight Eastern Time.Listen to the show, watch the YouTube video, join the Facebook group, sign up for email notifications and shop in the CORVETTE TODAY Merchandise Store at:
www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
2 of 3 < >

Ten Words Maximum Or POTM’s Disqualified

Every single month people are forgetting how to count to ten — the maximum amount of words in our POTM contest. So starting tomorrow, if your entry exceeds 10 words, it would be DISQUALIFIED for the month. No “re-do’s,” edits. nor substitutions afterward.
3 of 3 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

How Will the "Financial Meltdown" Affect your C8 Corvette Purchase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Will the "Financial Meltdown" Affect your C8 Corvette Purchase?

Okay, so anyone who owns stocks knows the stock market is downright scary now.

If you're not paying cash for your C8, how will this affect your auto loan? Do loan rates climb in a financial meltdown, or do they raise?

Will some people be completely locked-out from obtaining a loan?

I am fortunate enough to be able to pay cash for my highly optioned C8, if necessary. But I was gonna put down $50k and use the banks jing for the balance.

The good news is that with oil currently at 30 bucks a barrel, down from over $60 a barrel a few weeks ago, premium grade 93 octane gas will hopefully be close to, or a little over, $2.00 a gallon.
    Last edited by Shepherd777; 03-09-2020, 05:21 PM.
    Bob Sliwa
    "I was cruising in my E-Ray, late one night, when a Tesla Model S, pulled up on the right......."
    Currently Building an All-Electric,1963 Split-Window Coupe Ludicrous Speed Restomod.
    Ludicrous Speed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAWL8ejf2nM

2020 C8 ELB - Event Status 666 - Completely destroyed at the race track due to year 2020! Insured!!!
    2023-2024? E-Ray - Number 4 on the List at MacMulkin!

The market crashing will not impact my purchase. I plan on paying cash but it sounds like interest rates are crashing also. If you have good credit, and the income to debt ratio is good I would think banks and credit unions would be looking to make loans to great customers.

Comment

Here are the Bank Rate auto loan rates since early December. They have been headed down since then.

Evidently, they only check the averages once a week. Curious to see what tomorrows rate will be.

Click image for larger version  Name:	bankrate.PNG Views:	0 Size:	51.8 KB ID:	123089
      Bob Sliwa
      "I was cruising in my E-Ray, late one night, when a Tesla Model S, pulled up on the right......."
      Currently Building an All-Electric,1963 Split-Window Coupe Ludicrous Speed Restomod.

2020 C8 ELB - Event Status 666 - Completely destroyed at the race track due to year 2020! Insured!!!

Comment

Credit unions will beat those rates.

Comment

Pulled all of my "fun" money out of my brokerage account about 2 weeks ago, didn't hold through the entire fall. Retirement accounts won't be touched for 35 years so not an issue. Fun money was going to allow me to put 50% down and finance the rest. Not an issue. Don't touch your retirement to get a car fellas!

Comment

Some banks have been so overwhelmed with loan apps. that they have stopped taking new loan apps. or have raised their rates to discourage people from applying.
            2021 ELB, 2LT, Red Interior, Red Calipers, Standard Wheels, Front Lift, NPP,
            MM Deposit Dec. 15, 2020
            May 15, 21 2000
            May 18, 21 3000
            Aug 11, 21 3300
            TPW 8/30
            Sept 3, 21 3800
            Sept 9, 21 5000 at the museum
            Sept 21, picking up

Comment

Originally posted by DavidM View Post
              Credit unions will beat those rates.
              But of course. But since the name of that site is Bank Rate, they are taking the average loan rates from banks.
              Bob Sliwa

Comment

I guess nothing to talk about Corvette, now we talk about finance. Will not affect my buy at all.

Comment

Cash is king so no problem here.

Comment

My C8 is paid for and gas prices are dropping! No issues here!

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Smith View Post
                      My C8 is paid for and gas prices are dropping! No issues here!
                      Exactly our situation too (been saving for five years and it was all put aside a year ago in a no-risk account).
                      Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I feel lucky to have timed this market and funded my C8 with a company stock sale, compared to where I would have been at today holding it.

Not sure if I am going to end up financing some if the rates are super-attractive in 6 weeks when I expect delivery. I'll be waiting and watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo Bob View Post
                          Some banks have been so overwhelmed with loan apps. that they have stopped taking new loan apps. or have raised their rates to discourage people from applying.
                          This is completely untrue on many levels. Rates on all product segments are down vs a month/six months/year ago and the market for loans - both consumer and commercial - is more competitive than ever. I’m a senior VP of a publicly traded bank in Texas fwiw.

BZ

Comment

USAA has great rates for current/former military. Currently 2.59%.

Although I was never in the military they still allow me to be a member since I am a Marine.

Comment

I had half stashed in money account and was going to pay other half with some stock sale. After crash, called USAA and got approved and a check in about 15 min at 2.59%.
                              When stock market recovers will probably just pay off loan then.
                              TPW 2/17 .. Shadow Gray Metallic w/Natural, 3LT, Z51, Mag, Lift, Spectra Gray Trident, Edge Red Calipers, Body Color Accents.

Past owned: 1984 C4, Medium Gray Metallic, Coupe, VIN# 1004; 1981 C3 White Coupe; 1980 C3 Dark Claret, Coupe

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X