MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Phone app "My Chevrolet" shows 2020 Corvette

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I got some info via email today on my C8 - details for Onstar, GM Rewards, and the myChevrolet App. I also received my first monthly bill for the financing yesterday (it's tough to pass-up today's low interest rates).

    The sad thing is, I still don't have my car yet.

    It was built on June 4th, and using the "Find Vehicle" feature of the myChevrolet App, I can see the car is comfortably sitting in the parking lot adjacent to the factory in BG Kentucky.

    I also just set-up a text notification in the app to send me a message when the car moves outside a 15 mile radius from its current location in Bowling Green (which I'm hoping will be soon!).
    Click image for larger version  Name:	app.JPG Views:	6 Size:	34.8 KB ID:	159829

    Since I know you're curious, my tire pressures are a bit high (33-35 psi), the oil life is good (99%), and the odometer shows 5 miles.
    Last edited by Mobius; 06-29-2020, 01:35 PM.
    My C8:
    '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020; Delivery July 1, 2020

    Current Vettes:
    '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
    '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
    '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Mobius View Post
      I got some info via email today on my C8 - details for Onstar, GM Rewards, and the myChevrolet App. I also received my first monthly bill for the financing yesterday (it's tough to pass-up today's low interest rates).

      The sad thing is, I still don't have my car yet.

      It was built on June 4th, and using the "Find Vehicle" feature of the myChevrolet App, I can see the car is comfortably sitting in the parking lot adjacent to the factory in BG Kentucky.

      I also just set-up a text notification in the app to send me a message when the car moves outside a 15 mile radius from its current location in Bowling Green (which I'm hoping will be soon!).
      Click image for larger version Name:	app.JPG Views:	6 Size:	34.8 KB ID:	159829

      Since I know you're curious, my tire pressures are a bit high (33-35 psi), the oil life is good (99%), and the odometer shows 5 miles.
      How were you able to setup your MyChevy app/Onstar to track your C8?

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by RJB13 View Post

        How were you able to setup your MyChevy app/Onstar to track your C8?
        You just need your C8's VIN, provide an email/password and set a 4-digit PIN to access all the features of the app.

        I used this app with my C7 as well, so I already have an account, and I can now see both the C7 and C8 in the app.
        My C8:
        '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020; Delivery July 1, 2020

        Current Vettes:
        '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
        '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
        '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

        Comment


        • #34
          Thanks for the heads up on this app. Even though my car isn't going to be built for a few weeks, the app accepts the VIN and I was able to sign up for the GM Rewards program so I have 1000 points waiting for me.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Mobius View Post

            You just need your C8's VIN, provide an email/password and set a 4-digit PIN to access all the features of the app.

            I used this app with my C7 as well, so I already have an account, and I can now see both the C7 and C8 in the app.

            Does the Onstar in my C7 have to be activated? I have the my Chevy but I never activated the Onstar. You can see the movement on your C8 now? My C8 was dispatched this evening and I’m trying to be at the dealer when it arrives.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by RJB13 View Post


              Does the Onstar in my C7 have to be activated? I have the my Chevy but I never activated the Onstar. You can see the movement on your C8 now? My C8 was dispatched this evening and I’m trying to be at the dealer when it arrives.
              Onstar does not have to activated (mine isn't for my C8, and my Onstar trial on my C7 has long since expired).

              My C8 is still in the loading area adjacent to the BG plant, as shown by the app just now, although I did just notice that my C8 finally(!) has a transport truck assigned to it (per the https://www.palsapp.com/ website).

              UPDATE: I just received an email from Onstar (the June diagnostic report for my 2020), so although I didn't activate Onstar, it looks like my out-of-state dealer did.
              Last edited by Mobius; 07-01-2020, 06:56 AM.
              My C8:
              '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020; Delivery July 1, 2020

              Current Vettes:
              '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
              '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
              '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Mobius View Post

                Onstar does not have to activated (mine isn't for my C8, and my Onstar trial on my C7 has long since expired).

                My C8 is still in the loading area adjacent to the BG plant, as shown by the app just now, although I did just notice that my C8 finally(!) has a transport truck assigned to it (per the https://www.palsapp.com/ website).
                Thanks. My app says No location for my C8. It was dispatched yesterday so I'm hoping it's delivered to the dealer today.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by RJB13 View Post

                  Thanks. My app says No location for my C8. It was dispatched yesterday so I'm hoping it's delivered to the dealer today.
                  Hmm, I wonder if your car's GPS signal is weak... This might happen if your car is on the "lower bunk" of the car carrier.
                  My C8:
                  '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020; Delivery July 1, 2020

                  Current Vettes:
                  '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                  '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
                  '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Mobius View Post

                    Onstar does not have to activated (mine isn't for my C8, and my Onstar trial on my C7 has long since expired).

                    My C8 is still in the loading area adjacent to the BG plant, as shown by the app just now, although I did just notice that my C8 finally(!) has a transport truck assigned to it (per the https://www.palsapp.com/ website).

                    UPDATE: I just received an email from Onstar (the June diagnostic report for my 2020), so although I didn't activate Onstar, it looks like my out-of-state dealer did.
                    Hi I have tried this for my C8 which is on route to Toledo from BG but cannot get a location. I called the assist line and they indicated that Onstar has to be activated in my car in order to do this, so not sure how you are able to get the location?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Bigc View Post

                      Hi I have tried this for my C8 which is on route to Toledo from BG but cannot get a location. I called the assist line and they indicated that Onstar has to be activated in my car in order to do this, so not sure how you are able to get the location?
                      Yes, if you notice the update in my post, my Onstar is activated in my C8. My car was built on June 4th, and a couple of days before it shipped on July 1st the Onstar and WiFi hotspot trials were activated. I never contacted GM to activate these trials, but it worked out well.
                      My C8:
                      '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020; Delivery July 1, 2020

                      Current Vettes:
                      '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                      '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
                      '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Bigc View Post

                        Hi I have tried this for my C8 which is on route to Toledo from BG but cannot get a location. I called the assist line and they indicated that Onstar has to be activated in my car in order to do this, so not sure how you are able to get the location?
                        My dealer set up the account for me and said I would get a text from Onstar and my ID would be my email and my cell number would be my password. I downloaded the App and then got the text from Onstar with a link to activate. It was really easy and believe me I'm no computer whiz. I did have to hit the locate my car button two times to get it to search for it but then it worked like a charm.

                        Comment

                        MECF_728x90_bottom

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X