MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Garaging your new C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garaging your new C8

What do you do In preparation for the arrival of a new baby? You outfit the nursery.

I’ve used the months leading up to the arrival of my C8 preparing my garage to welcome it to its new home. It’s been lots of fun and I can’t wait to pull it in there next month. This is how mine turned out. Where will your C8 call home?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JPD1111; 02-24-2020, 07:03 PM.
    Sebring Orange Tintcoat; 2LT; black interior; GT2 seats; front lift adjustable height; performance exhausts; engine appearance; Spectra Gray Tridents; Red Calipers; Orange seat belts;

Originally posted by JPD1111 View Post
    What do you do In preparation for the arrival of a new baby? You outfit the nursery.

I’ve used the months leading up to the arrival of my C8 preparing my garage to welcome it to its new home. It’s been lots of fun and I can’t wait to pull it in there next month. This is how mine turned out. Where will your C8 call home?
    What a mess!! I don't see any oil stains or marks on the walls. Why are all those machines against the wall instead of in the middle of the floor, the way they're supposed to be? The cabinet doors aren't even stuck open from too many things being stuffed in there. I'm sorry, but this doesn't look anything like a garage to me, but you could hold a banquet or reception in there. And there are way too many windows! You need to correct this immediately, I won't show my C8's home until you do!

Comment

I wish I could have a garage like that. My floor is 70 years old and broken near the doors and sunken in places. It's going to cost a fair chunk of change to fix, but I'm thinking about it.
      Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
      Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

1 more wall to paint this weekend and the guys are showing up Monday to epoxy the floor. Got rid of a load if stuff I haven't looked at I many years and organized what is left. I will post a pic when it is done
        Last edited by Lance's tops; 02-21-2020, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Beautiful. I'm glad I'm not the only one obsessed about the arrival. Of course, my garage is not nearly that nice. I think I have some work to do.

Comment

Finished the floor today. She’s almost ready!
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JPD1111 View Post

Similar to mine, but I have yet to clean up all the winter shmutz on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvette Direct View Post
                Finished the floor today. She’s almost ready!

Exactly the floor I am having a done next week.

Comment

I put in a new driveway and bought a garage. That should do it.
                  C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
                    I wish I could have a garage like that.
                    I wish I could have a garage period!

Due to building lot constraints, primarily a Hydro easement along one property line, there's no place to build a garage. The joys of a house in an older neighborhood.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

I wish I could have a garage period!

Due to building lot constraints, primarily a Hydro easement along one property line, there's no place to build a garage. The joys of a house in an older neighborhood.
                      Don't bother with a temporary garage either. I've been through 4 of them in 20 years. They don't last more than 4 to 6 years. Well, I should say they can, but not well. The tarps deteriorate and get wholly not holy. I had one collapse from snow load also. Luckily it was my parts car under it. You can replace the tarps for about the price of the whole unit.
                      Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                      Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

Anyone going to use one of these?

Comment

Well both cars in this picture have just been sold within the last 3 months. So the space is open now and will house the new HTC when it arrives. It will sit on the lift and unless I get another sedan it will be it's home.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	0523152013.jpg
Views:	816
Size:	611.3 KB
ID:	115435

Comment

Well, I'm clearing space by first selling this:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Tiny.png
Views:	845
Size:	4.50 MB
ID:	115459
                            And then clearing bunch of additional space. I've already change the locks. LOL
                            Attached Files
                            LT2, Torch Red, Z51, Mag Ride, Carbon Flash Wheels/Mirrors/Spoiler, Red Calipers, Two Tone Grey/Black Seats, Red Seatbelts, Museum Delivery

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post

What a mess!! I don't see any oil stains or marks on the walls. Why are all those machines against the wall instead of in the middle of the floor, the way they're supposed to be? The cabinet doors aren't even stuck open from too many things being stuffed in there. I'm sorry, but this doesn't look anything like a garage to me, but you could hold a banquet or reception in there. And there are way too many windows! You need to correct this immediately, I won't show my C8's home until you do!
                              Touché! Great reply!
                              Sebring Orange Tintcoat; 2LT; black interior; GT2 seats; front lift adjustable height; performance exhausts; engine appearance; Spectra Gray Tridents; Red Calipers; Orange seat belts;

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X