MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

C8 Caught In The Wild Testing! Best 7 ME Videos! Inside BGA : Jagamajajaran’s Video

2 of 4 < >

2019 Grand Sport Drivers Series Officially Revealed Tomorrow. LIst of C8 Poential Patents. Considerations In Modeling The C8

3 of 4 < >

Site Maintenance Starts @ 5:00 PM Today

Yesterday’s massive software update resulted in 3 things needing help. Some already corrected. Today we get up to a one hour maintenance/update time out.
4 of 4 < >

UPGRADED FORUM SOFTWARE

To keep our forum growing with the latest software, it was just upgraded. LIke all changes, our goal is for 100% success, but sometimes only 99% is achieved. If you notice that 1%, please start a thread entitled “Software Upgrade Difference. “ Thank you for within it describing what was different, worked better or not as well. Thank you.
See more
See less

The ME’s Pre-Reveal, Orchestrated Tease Progress

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have waited decades for the proverbial ME engine Corvette. I will wait until its reveal sometime in the next six months, but hopefully sooner than later.
    Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

I get all of that... They are obviously following the game plan that they believe benefits them the most. Do they care if I or you or you like it... heck no. Does it mean i won't be interested... heck no Just don't have to like it.

Comment

I sure understand exactly what you are saying and feeling.
        So many questions about the ME right now; so few answers yet.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Timing is very important, GM has a lot to think about!

C7 sales are slowing.
          Dealers left with aging product on lots
          GM is still producing C7s
          Training technicians & Sales teams on the new product (Big departure from FE)
          Reveal of the ME will slow sales even further unless the ME comes in at a much higher price. (If that happens C7 sales could be reinvigorated for those that are waiting for a lower price ME)
          The gap from reveal to putting the ME in customers hands
          The gap to give the cars to the press before the car is released to the customers.
          Not alienating their core audience
          Marketing the reveal and to tease while not being over irritating.

Non-controllable:

Manufacturing setbacks
          Economy
          Interest rates
          Tariffs
          Other competing products being released
          Frustrated buyers moving to other products not waiting.
          The list goes on.
          Last edited by Fasttoys; 11-13-2018, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Really good analysis Fasttoys. I am sure all at least on the top part of the list have been thought of, analyzed,, and then re-thought many more times by GM — all in regards to their choosing the ME’s reveal date.
            Last edited by John; 11-14-2018, 12:59 PM.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

I’ve got nothing cogent to add, but I’ll contribute my anxiety to the pot.

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttoys View Post
                Timing is very important, GM has a lot to think about!

C7 sales are slowing.
                Dealers left with aging product on lots
                GM is still producing C7s
                Training technicians & Sales teams on the new product (Big departure from FE)
                Reveal of the ME will slow sales even further unless the ME comes in at a much higher price. (If that happens C7 sales could be reinvigorated for those that are waiting for a lower price ME)
                The gap from reveal to putting the ME in customers hands
                The gap to give the cars to the press before the car is released to the customers.
                Not alienating their core audience
                Marketing the reveal and to tease while not being over irritating.

Non-controllable:

Manufacturing setbacks
                Economy
                Interest rates
                Tariffs
                Other competing products being released
                Frustrated buyers moving to other products not waiting.
                The list goes on.
                I am a bit missed on how you can call a one year old car, made in the last several months, aging goods! This car is still a great bargain and anyone that wants a great touring car is missing the boat. The new model, the ME, certainly won't be mistaken for a GT (Grand Touring) car. Frankly, when the ME comes out at considerably more money, the market for the FE is going to explode. What a great vehicle - no matter which configuration one orders it in!!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo3FQ19foj8

Rick Conti is talking no reveal at detroit. he says he'll talk about it more next week. (L.A. Autoshow starts next week) he doesn't use the word delay during the video, but has the question "will the c8 be delayed?" So i had hope for a possible L.A. suprise, but in the comments he writes about his DELAY comment was only about the reveal. So maybe it will be New York I was planning on going to detroit. Saw him reply to John in the comments, were you the bigwig he talked to on FB John?

Comment

No, I am a baby-wig. I am increasingly seeing more and more folks allude to the New York Auto show as a possible site/time of the ME’s reveal, but not one of those folks is General Motors, so that is still obviously not a foregone conclusion.

However, even if true, I would not be surprised if GM does some mini-pre-reveal ME sharing at the NAIAS show. I have some NAIAS ideas, but they are not based on inside baseball, more on what “I would do if I were in charge of the ME’s reveal program,” (and as I never majored in marketing, I could be all wrong).
                    Last edited by John; 11-24-2018, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                      No, I am a baby-wig. I am increasingly seeing more and more folks allude to the New York Auto show as a possible site/time of the ME’s reveal, but not one of those folks is General Motors, so that is still obviously not a foregone conclusion.

However, even if true, I would not be surprised if GM does some mini-pre-reveal ME sharing at the NAIAS show. I have some NAIAS ideas, but they are not based on inside baseball, more on what “I would do if I were in charge of the ME’s reveal program,” (and as I never majored in marketing, I could be all wrong).
                      It would be nice if they would throw some kind of bone at L.A. or at least announce when they will announce.

Comment

It would be nice if they would throw some kind of bone at NAIAS or at least announce when they will announce.

Comment

No bones coming at NAIAS, not even vegetarian meals. GM even cancelled an offered press conference opportunity and said “no thanks.” Can you imagine a major OEM turning down an opportunity to talk with over 500 automedia press from all over the world.

Nothing was every going to happen at NAIAS. I believe the absolute earliest we will have the reveal is on April 1t6th, which is the day before the two press days of NYAS, and three days before the first public day of the show. April 16th is 93 days from now.

Will there be a pre-reveal teaser program between now and then? Only GM knows, and as we painfully know, they are not yet talking.

Comment

ME, I totally agree that that is the earliest we might have the C8’s reveal.

Comment

If I had to guess, I might say that the timing is beginning to look like it could show up in August in Pebble Beach. That is a superb place to showcase a brand new effort in automobilia to the world.

Comment

Considering the timing though, if the C8 is to be debuted at the NYAS and if GM will be showing teasers to build hype (as I'm almost certain they will) I would suspect the Rolex 24 at Daytona would be a good place to initially tease something, such as a release date and the logo since that's already been leaked. Additionally, I would suspect the Super Bowl would also be a great time to release a teaser trailer for the C8, as with all previous generation reveals the car would have already been revealed at that point.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X