MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Tremec TR-9007 DCT For The C8? C7’s Ending & C8’s Beginnings: Possible Options. ME’s Infotainment System Capabilities and Components

2 of 2 < >

Wish To Change Your Forum Name? Bob Lutz on C8 vs C7 Pricing; ME’s LT2 Engine Technology Enhancments!

It is easy to change your forum name. Retain your post count. Please PM “John.”
Chazcron’s Renders of Today:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...w-gif-and-ones
C8 Just A Little More: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...on-for-version
See more
See less

The ME’s Pre-Reveal, Orchestrated Tease Progress

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ME’s Pre-Reveal, Orchestrated Tease Progress

Many ME pre-reveal partial and progressive “undressings” are coming this calendar year. As below, while IMO the the ME’s reveal will be in 195 days in Detroit @ NAIAS, here are other probable pre-reveal events before then. For the C7, GM developed/executed a highly thought out reveal process. Bet we see lots of comparable reveal steps for the ME during the rest of this calendar year — and yet some new ones too.

First, just as was done for the C7, there already have been some deliberate camo’d, mule/IVER ME pictures. Most famous for our ME are the McDonald’s ones. Might those Oct 11th pictures be part of GM’s orchestrated ME tease program, or just some ME test drivers being so hungry they screwed up — and got the ME internet famous (and themselves in the doghouse)?

Wonder how many more of these “in the wild” sightings and pictures we shall see before the official reveal, as well as how many more “in the wild” sightings we will excitedly experience? We have a separate there here for those “ITW” pictures and videos here:

http://www.midenginecorvetteforum.co...ictures-videos

Here are most of the GM orchestrated, C7 pre-reveal steps:

Thanks to KeithCornett@CorvetteBlogger, we learned on October 18, 2012, at Road Americ’s Corvette race, that GM revealed the C7 emblem — three months before the C7’s reveal.

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2012/...al-in-detroit/

As or more powerful that day, Tadge announced the date of the C7’s reveal, which we all remember became 1.13.13.

Later this year, just as was done before the C7’s 1.13.13 reveal, parts of the ME will probably be shown in a series of GM-produced, teaser videos shown this October through December. Remember these teaser videos for the C7?

To appeal/create pre-reveal excitement with the younger generations (GM’s stated plan), starting November, 2012, you could download and race the C7 on Gran Tourismo5. About 500,000 users raced the camo’d IVER before its 1.13.13 reveal.

Click image for larger version  Name:	04FF678E-62E5-426B-972F-7CDFE69C94FD.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	46.0 KB ID:	116

Next AT SEMA in November, 2012 GM revealed the LT1 motor (though as they often do, first understated its actual power at “an estimated 450 horsepower” — as they later underestimated the initial, announced C7 ZR1’s power). Below is a video of that SEMA reveal. Might the ME’s motor be similarly revealed at that Show?

Then just before the ME’s reveal, GM could again release an official ME picture, just as they did for the C7 in December, 2012. However, it was deliberately so blurry, we learned nothing.

Similarly the following year, just before the Z06’s release, GM released this teaser picture. Remember all the disagreements as to whether we were looking at a front or rear fender. Since we know GM follows Corvette forums, they must have been laughing their asses off when, for post after post, both sides of this made their impassioned please that they were uniquely right. LOL!

IMO, the ME will be formally revealed on Jan 12, 2019 inside the very same GM-owned Russell Industrial Center in which they revealed the C7.

Regarding the Corvette mid-engine race team car (ME.R), some believe that it will be running the 2019 IMSA Race series. Others think it will not race the entire racing season until 2020. Regardless, Corvette may surprise tease the ME.R out in the same “one-lap special” between other events — just as they “debuted” the C7.R at Laguna Seca in 2013, though its still then having some vinyl disguise covering.

Click image for larger version  Name:	D86823ED-D726-456F-B12B-7135232CC1A9.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	204.2 KB ID:	118

If so, I believe that this fall’s, October 13th Petit LeMans would be when they would again do so, and just like the C7.R Laguna Seca tease, they would run it just one lap, bringing it immediately into the pit, then right into its transporter to hide it.

Here is a video of that one lap run thanks to Lance Miller.

Lots of ME pre-reveal activities between now and 1.12.19. Hopefully, we continue to get many more “in the wild” ME sightings and additional detailed information before then, and just like the C7 in the year before its formal reveal, the amount of camo-cladding would continue to become less and less as this year evolves. As the previous head of Cadillac noted three months ago, with aero becoming more and more important, we need to field test less camo’dcars earlier and earlier.

One more addition to the C7’s pre-reveal tease that was recently brought to our attention by Jerradl1987 (thanks for doing so), and that is starting roughly mid December 2012, GM started a count down clock and had this image shared with us.

Click image for larger version

Name:	47AB2134-F1A4-492A-B193-F82E87C8025F.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	18430

Inquiring minds really want to know what is in store for the upcoming ME.

Attached Images
    Last edited by John; 12-07-2018, 10:01 PM.
    Some many questions about the ME right now; so few concrete answers yet!

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Thanks John. Glad you are here leading up the ME C8 Forum. I now know I will be kept up to the latest info on the ME. I am already signed up with Mike Furman for a possible purchase. Exciting times.

Comment

Did anyone notice something in this photo of the new C7 colors? Interesting buck, wouldn't you say? Looks suspiciously like a...
      Attached Files

Comment

Haven't figured out the photo posting bit yet...
        Last edited by Zeo6; 08-15-2018, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Great info and C7 marketing re-cap John. I'm in total agreement that we'll be seeing GM-produced video teasers leading up to the actual C8 ME reveal.

I'm also wondering if GM will use any new/innovative ways to build excitement and interest over and beyond what already exists now! You did a great job of covering the techniques they used previously for the C7, so it'll be fun to see if they try anything new/different.

In saying that, I don't recall CAD leaks of the C7 (correct me if I'm wrong), so perhaps those CAD images were a new part of the marketing plan, or they truly were a faux pas.

Nonetheless, if we're correct in a January 2019 reveal, we should start seeing more "significant" pre-veal images/videos/information in the next 60 days or so!

Comment

Originally posted by Zeo6 View Post
            Haven't figured out the photo posting bit yet...
            You may find the following of some help (click on the first active link directly below)
            This is the easiest way to include one or more pictures in your post. It may seem like a lot of steps, but once you have done this I think you will find it pretty
            Last edited by Jeff@DaumPhotography; 08-15-2018, 10:51 AM.
            Enthusiastic owner of 'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
            Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum
            Web site: https://www.daumphotography.com/
            blog: https://insight.daumphotography.com/

Comment

Originally posted by gmauthority
              GM Leaders Begin To Publicly Acknowledge Mid-Engine C8 Corvette
              General Motors and Chevrolet’s mid-engine Corvette strategy thus far has been to deny, deny and deny some more. But, it appears some executives close to the program either have loose lips, or they’re ready to start acknowledging the industry’s worst-kept secret.

Video from “The House of Muscle” has Mark Reuss, executive vice president and president of global product and Cadillac, on the record acknowledging the C8 Corvette for the first time. He says, “This is the end of C7. That I can tell you. And more to come, and we are very proud of what’s going to happen on C8,” while speaking to journalists about the 2019 C7 Corvette ZR1.

Over at the MidEngineCorvette forum, a contributor by the name of John also said GM executives have referred to the mid-engine C8 Corvette as ZERV internally, making the C8 terminology a first in public. Lead Corvette Engineer Tadge Juechter previously said the C7 ZR1 was also the end of the seventh-generation car’s development but did not reference the C8 Corvette.

It’s not exactly clear when we’ll see the mid-engine C8 Corvette make its debut, but the spy photos are being more frequent in nature. Most recently, the C8.R racer stepped out in front of the camera to show off more of the car’s design. We may see the car debut at the 2019 Detroit Auto Show, but a debut later in 2019 also seems possible.
              http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/08/...e-c8-corvette/
              Last edited by John; 08-27-2018, 01:55 PM.
              Rocket City Florida

Comment

Time to take the bustle off that girl.

Comment

John,
                  do you think this ring info/pics is the beginning of the teasers or just some clearly set up “spy shots”?

Comment

Perhaps a matter of definition as to whether it is “a” or “b.” I personally do not look at the ‘Ring photos/video as part of their “teaser” process, for in my mind that starts not before the moment GM officially announces that the “reveal of the next generation Corvette will be on X date at Y location.”

But my thought could be merely a matter of semantics, especially if one considers that all of a sudden GM brought out the C8.R two weeks ago, to a location where photographers are known to look for spy pray, and then on a major U.S. holiday, sent two ME’s out on the ‘Ring track (especially when there are truly spy photographers who live at that track full time).

The key to me remains this coming Weekend’s September 8th Corvette Racing Dinner. If we hear nothing there at all about “future potential product,” then IMO, that would probably not next happen until the Oct. 13th Petit LeMans (the C7.R’s next-following race). And not so coincidentally, on October 19, 2012, GM revealed at that Petit LeMans race, the C7’s emblem, and also said that day, “we will reveal the next generation Corvette on 1.13.13 at the Detroit NAIAS show.”

If we get an emblem-reveal and an announcement date and location announcement this next Saturday, could GM have the ME’s reveal before NAIAS?

If nothing is mentioned this coming weekend, I am betting the ME’s reveal would be 1.14.19 (which is what the majority of MECF members voted in our poll).

Regardless of the trigger announcement, I personally think of the teaser process as that which is GM orchestrated between that announcement and the car’s actual reveal, e.g., the videos, blurry pictures, revealing the ME’s powerplant at SEMA (?), and similar.

Is any MECF member going to thIs coming Saturday’s Corvette Race Dinner, to be our forum’s eyes and ears there?

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

I feel like we’re due for a sighting again or some teasers!

Comment

I so agree. Typical pattern of threee/four weeks of nothing, and then we get something. It has been about five weeks however (other than a single picture from our usual place of the HIE in Frisco, CO).

Yes, we are overtime for sometime new and hopefully big.

Comment

sema starts tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                            I so agree. Typical pattern of threee/four weeks of nothing, and then we get something. It has been about five weeks however (other than a single picture from our usual place of the HIE in Frisco, CO).

Yes, we are overtime for sometime new and hopefully big.
                            Maybe it’s just the calm before the storm! At least that’s my hope!

Comment

I remember us collectively bellyaching in late August about “nothing for weeks and weeks,” and then right after that the ME’s dropped their thick black camo overcoats, and the week after that, we all spend way too many hours glued to the Nurburgring videos.

Let’s hope for a similar renaissance soon!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X