MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

2020 Corvette First Drive Program Media Videos (all in one place)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need Doug to tell me all about the quirks and features
    2020 C8 Corvette ....DOB 02/03/2020.... VIN L5100026
    Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
    2LT, Z51 + MRC
    Spectra Grey Tridents
    Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

Residing in sunny Niagara, Ontario.

I'm a Rat and so is my car! (a reference to the Chinese astrological calendar).

Comment

New feature comment: Watching all the videos I am reminded of something I want to share about the C8. A picture that says 10,000 words.

We did not receive one second of intro how to operative these controls, though we were told over lunch that they are intuitive, that without any intro we would immediately know how and which ones to pull or pull to change gears. So true, that without anyone teaching us anything, these work absolutely intuitively!

Click image for larger version  Name:	267AE29D-756A-438A-9040-1DB42E5AAF81.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	99.4 KB ID:	115063
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Two more added, including Cleetus McFarland.

Comment

Wow! Very informative on the controls and features of the car that most of us will be scratching our heads about, the hidden key for sure. Thanks!
          Last edited by jack1954; 02-21-2020, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Two more added

Comment

It speaks volumes that all of the reviews are positive. Cletus is a Corvette guy through and through and liked it; that says a lot. He has a shtick as his real name is Garret and he is a lawyer by training; he is quite sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post
                Two more added
                Jagamajajaran... Thanks you for posting these. They are great to watch and get information from while waiting for our cars to get in our driveways.
                2020 2LT G1E Long Beach Red,HUL Adrenaline Red,TU7 Two -Tone Seats,GT2 Seats,DRG,Q8Q Carbon Flash Whls,RXJ Black Stingray Logo,E60 Front Lift,FE4 Suspension,Z51 Performance Padkage,J6N Edge Red Caliper,ZYC Carbon Flash Outside Mirrors and Spoiler.

Lifetime Member National Corvette Museum

Comment

I know that this is about media videos; but Jalopnik's Kristen Lee posted her review (https://jalopnik.com/the-2020-chevro...mid-1841799213)

Some of the comments are interesting:

"I had no trouble getting settled, but my driving partner did. He’s about six feet tall and when he tried to adjust the seat and wheel to his driving position, his knees were angled much higher than he was used to. He noted his elbows were always hitting either the center armrest or the bolsters. Two other journalists I chatted with, both men and taller than me, agreed it was difficult to get comfortable. This was not a problem I’d experienced in the Cayman or the Mercedes-AMG GT C."

Cleetus is very tall and didn't have a problem; in fact he had to move the seat forward.

I can't wait to sit in mine!

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post
                    I need Doug to tell me all about the quirks and features
                    Doug is participating tomorrow, February 22..

His comment from a reddit thread yesterday:

"The C8 launch is ... interesting. There is no press embargo so journalists who chose to go on early waves can get their content up first. I am going on Saturday, though my video won't be up for a few weeks for other reasons."

Comment

Originally posted by Happy2bHere View Post

Doug is participating tomorrow, February 22..

His comment from a reddit thread yesterday:

"The C8 launch is ... interesting. There is no press embargo so journalists who chose to go on early waves can get their content up first. I am going on Saturday, though my video won't be up for a few weeks for other reasons."
                      Meaning he wants to able to review the owners manual as well.
                      2020 C8 Corvette ....DOB 02/03/2020.... VIN L5100026
                      Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                      2LT, Z51 + MRC
                      Spectra Grey Tridents
                      Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

Residing in sunny Niagara, Ontario.

I'm a Rat and so is my car! (a reference to the Chinese astrological calendar).

Comment

I particularly liked the C8 Exposed. It’s always interesting to go “behind the scenes” to see and here all the R&D that went into the development of this marvelous machine. Kudos to Chevrolet 👍👍
                        2020 C8 - Long Beach Red, Z51, FE4: Mag Ride, 3LT: Natural Interrior, E60: front lift, Q8S: Machined faced trident spoke wheels, RCC: Red engine cover, ZZ3: Engine appearance package, J6N: Edge red calipers, CC3: Transparent roof

Powell, Ohio

Comment

1000 engineers working on this. How many patents ? Kind of glad they put it on hold after the bankruptcy which allowed much more technology to be used . Like the electronics. Perfect timing it all just came together with a purpose. Nice job GM.

jaylonic review......It’s missing the drama that I enjoy about fast cars. Ear-splitting noise. Violent gearshifts. Hammer-like acceleration. Launch control shoots the C8 forward neatly, every single time, but you never get that extra, animalistic fury I remember so vividly about a V10 BMW M5 or a Jaguar F-Type.quote

it’s Doesn’t have Ear - splitting noise . What does that mean. My C7 GS wasn’t loud compared to my 16 Jaguar F-Type R. But that jag was way too loud. Obnoxious loud. He says it’s not as animalistic fury as a F Type. My all wheel drive V/8 550 hp ZF auto F Type R wasn’t raw it was refined. It didn’t shake at idle . It didn’t break traction or was tail happy at all. It sure in the hell didn’t do 0 to 60 in 2.9 either. So I don’t know what the hell he is referring to. Maybe he is referring to the 2015 F type R . That car didn’t have all wheel drive . It was horrible on the track and would without notice send you into the next lane of traffic. Not good and jaguar knew it. So again the current Jaguar F type R is not raw and animalistic except for its name . If that’s what this guy wants go buy a 05 Ford GT , that is a widow maker car. You want louder change the exhaust. You want wild turn off all the nannies but good luck with that.
                          See this is why I like to read Johns review it’s by a corvette person. These so called journalists get back in their rooms and make up stuff. Hoping none of us ever owned an F type to know any better. Or click bait I don’t know.
                          Last edited by MikeC8; 02-21-2020, 02:59 PM.
                          RED ,C8. 2LT Z51.black wheels and trim. .... Order status 6000 car is home in garage
                          .VIN.1906

Comment

Day 2 Cleetus McFarland's Corvette review. He shows how to attempt a burnout in the C8. It really illustrates just how much grip this car has and how much weight now sits over the rear axle.

Last edited by ACMX92; 02-21-2020, 05:34 PM.
                            In Garage: 1985 Corvette Z51 Two-Tone Blue

On Order: 2020 Zeus Bronze (GUI), Natural Interior (HTN) 2LT Z51 Coupe

Additional Options: AH2, R8C, E60, 5DG, ZYC, FE4, VQK, TU7

Click here for a handy list of 2020 Corvette RPO Codes

Comment

Added another Cleetus McFarland video

Comment

Added a new one in Spanish

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X