Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Corvette News/Headlines

With the reveal of the new mid-engine C8 Z06 next week, this CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines episode is a “must listen-to” podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...OSfY9cINY1UxSw Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, teams up again with Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com to bring you the hottest headlines in the world of Corvette…including the latest on the C8 Z06 reveal on October 26th! Here are a few of the topics covered in this podcast:

1. The C8 Z06 will make public debut at the Petersen Automotive Museum on October 26
2. GM makes a change to 2022 Corvette ordered with Z51 and the high wing
3. C8 Corvette ranked 2nd on the list of the fastest selling cars in September 2021
4. C8 E-Rays are testing in Colorado and outside the Nurburgring in Germany
5. A 95 year old WWII veteran is moved to the head of the line to get his 2022 Corvette
6. Mazzanti to build a Corvette-powered Italian supercar with 761 horsepower
7. A truckload of C8’s goes up in flames
8. Watch a video of BGA building right-hand drive C8 Corvettes


You’ll know everything we know when you listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast!


Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...lOPPQ/featured
See more
See less

What Will You Get Different On Your C8?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What Will You Get Different On Your C8?

    What will you get different on your C8 than you got on your C7 or prior Corvette?

    At this point I'm planning on getting the Blade Silver like my C7 but this time I'm gonna get black wheels with red interior rather than the stock silver wheels and grey interior. Probably stick with the rest, 2lt trim, etc.

  • #2
    I'm really hoping for a shade of blue very close to the '67 Marina Blue.....the light gray leather along with some Pearl Nickel Painted wheels will seal the deal for me.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Tractman View Post
      I'm really hoping for a shade of blue very close to the '67 Marina Blue.....the light gray leather along with some Pearl Nickel Painted wheels will seal the deal for me.
      That would be a classy build for sure.

      Comment


      • #4
        Perhaps a new plate? My C8 will be yellow.. So do I transfer the plate? The plate refers mostly to my achieving some peace on my move to the country. However, this part of the country is a center for legal weed growth as people discover there's more money in grass than tomatoes. OTOH it could refer to all the money I made in weedy stocks. But then the US border guys might not be too understanding. I don't use it at all. But there's this https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/why-in...rder-1.4011813 It's the thing I have to decide.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180822_073259351.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	415.6 KB
ID:	11342

        2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
        Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
        2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
        Spectra Grey Tridents.
        Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

        Comment


        • #5
          A further digresssion... We have had some “interesting” border crossings. Most recently we were crossing from Alberta to Idaho through one of the smallest border crossings, in Babb, MT, the one on Rte. 2 between Alberta and Montana in our Corvette.

          It was gentle and mild for the first 30 seconds, then “STEP OUT OF THE CAR!” Yes, sir! As I slowly excited the car. My wife was allowed to remain in the passenger seat.

          OPEN UP THE TRUNK!” That was the next directive, then of course, take everything out and place it on the ground.

          ​​​​​​“Yes, sir,” as I did exactly as ordered.

          Long story short, five minutes later after the trunk search was concluded, the questions started with, “How come you have crossed the border three times in the last five days, Dealing drugs?”

          He then added that this crossing was too small to have a full time dog, but he wished he did “to find your stuff.”

          About 15 minutes later, after for the fifth or tenth I had told him that I had entered in Blaine five days ago, been in Canada every since, specifically detailing I was herethis day, the there the next day, to Banff and Jasper, etc. etc. He said for again about the fourth time, “our computer has you crossing the border three times since last Thursday (five days earlier)?”

          I keep denying it until my cleaver wife, handed me a thick 5”X8” manila envelope which at first the Agent was sure was the missing drugs he was looking for. I immediately handed it to the Border Patrol Agent, catching my wife’s drift, for as we traveling, we travel with small envelopes, one for each day, to stuff our daily credit card receipts in, with the invidual envelopes on the outside having her written notes: $X.XX for breakfast a this location; the next line $Y.YY for lunch at this town, etc. She had not heard all of the earlier conversations until he was about to order her out of the car to search the inside of it.

          After another five minutes of his looking through about 25 individual credit card receipts for fuel, food, snacks, lodging for each day, he said,

          I do not know what is wrong with our computer, for you have not crossed the border since you entered through Blaine five days ago — just as you said.” He then offered his truly sincere apologies and we drove off.

          Tht was only one of shall we say several border crossing “adventures” we had had over five decades traveling to and through Canada. And we shall return to fantastic Canada again problably next year.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Tractman View Post
            I'm really hoping for a shade of blue very close to the '67 Marina Blue.....the light gray leather along with some Pearl Nickel Painted wheels will seal the deal for me.
            That would be a very attractive car sitting in your garage.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

            Comment


            • #7
              As we are going to keep our 2020 for only a year before trading it in on the “Z06” equivalent version, will try to avoid checking nearly as many option boxes as we typically have done when we only buy one Corvette per gen. Also, unless the yellow changes, and changes in a good way, we will probably go with some other color (though right have not a clue which one we will choose).

              If, as it rumored, the ME comes with a front axle lift system option, even at $2,500 (Porsche’s is $2,800), we will check off that box for with lots of traveling, it is a PIA to plan to have dinner here at this good Thai restaurant, only to drive several miles out of our way to find that not only are both entrances/exits not navigable due to steep driveway aprons, but no other parking reasonably near by.

              If you could get us the option list and specs for the car by later today Boomer, I could answer your question fully by morning.
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by John View Post
                A further digresssion... We have had some “interesting” border crossings. Most recently we were crossing from Alberta to Idaho through one of the smallest border crossings, in Babb, MT, the one on Rte. 2 between Alberta and Montana in our Corvette.

                It was gentle and mild for the first 30 seconds, then “STEP OUT OF THE CAR!” Yes, sir! As I slowly excited the car. My wife was allowed to remain in the passenger seat.

                OPEN UP THE TRUNK!” That was the next directive, then of course, take everything out and place it on the ground.

                ​​​​​​“Yes, sir,” as I did exactly as ordered.

                Long story short, five minutes later after the trunk search was concluded, the questions started with, “How come you have crossed the border three times in the last five days, Dealing drugs?”

                He then added that this crossing was too small to have a full time dog, but he wished he did “to find your stuff.”

                About 15 minutes later, after for the fifth or tenth I had told him that I had entered in Blaine five days ago, been in Canada every since, specifically detailing I was herethis day, the there the next day, to Banff and Jasper, etc. etc. He said for again about the fourth time, “our computer has you crossing the border three times since last Thursday (five days earlier)?”

                I keep denying it until my cleaver wife, handed me a thick 5”X8” manila envelope which at first the Agent was sure was the missing drugs he was looking for. I immediately handed it to the Border Patrol Agent, catching my wife’s drift, for as we traveling, we travel with small envelopes, one for each day, to stuff our daily credit card receipts in, with the invidual envelopes on the outside having her written notes: $X.XX for breakfast a this location; the next line $Y.YY for lunch at this town, etc. She had not heard all of the earlier conversations until he was about to order her out of the car to search the inside of it.

                After another five minutes of his looking through about 25 individual credit card receipts for fuel, food, snacks, lodging for each day, he said,

                I do not know what is wrong with our computer, for you have not crossed the border since you entered through Blaine five days ago — just as you said.” He then offered his truly sincere apologies and we drove off.

                Tht was only one of shall we say several border crossing “adventures” we had had over five decades traveling to and through Canada. And we shall return to fantastic Canada again probably next year.
                Even though I'm only 15 mins from the border I have no real incentive to travel into upper NY state. The last time I did it was on a tiny ferry boat from Wolfe island. On the NY side was a wooden hut at the dock staffed by what seemed to be teenage girl US border persons. Having a UK passport, naturally I posed a problem. They made me fill out the form which hilariously asks whether or not I have ever engaged in terrorist activity. I decided to say "no" so they let me in. There was recently a story in the UK press where someone accidentally ticked the wrong box and they got banned for life. The only one ever to make that mistake in the history of form filling.
                Last edited by Bikerjulio; 09-30-2018, 07:56 PM.
                2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
                Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
                Spectra Grey Tridents.
                Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

                Comment


                • #9
                  That's a color choice Tackman I'd like to have also, except some chrome wheels instead & maybe some better cup holders ...
                  P.S.
                  Last edited by Ssscooter66; 09-30-2018, 09:59 PM.
                  A thought if I might ...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    As awesome as the c8 sketches look in black i wont be doing a black corvette with the c8.

                    i wont be doing a manual transmission again either.

                    next time its going to be a torch red with black interior and a dct.

                    ill get the heavy duty cooling, suspension and gearing as it used to be called z51. Whatever gm calls it ill get that and Im good.

                    maybe Ill get the convertible is the exterior styling is more to my liking otherwise ill get another targa and call it a day.
                    Last edited by JB; 10-01-2018, 05:50 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by John View Post
                      If you could get us the option list and specs for the car by later today Boomer, I could answer your question fully by morning.
                      I imagine 1 to 3lt trim options plus whats been offered beyond that before.



                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Convertible Option - Check
                        Heavy Duty Cooling, Brakes, Suspension - Check
                        Carbon Fiber Roof, Hood, Deck, Spoiler ???-Check
                        Dual Clutch Transmission - Check
                        Tech Package - Check
                        Cooled Seats- Check
                        Upgraded Rims - Check
                        Matching Car Cover - Check
                        New C8 Hat - Check
                        Matching Sunglasses - Check
                        Last edited by Frenzy36; 10-01-2018, 05:38 AM.
                        Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by John View Post
                          After another five minutes of his looking through about 25 individual credit card receipts for fuel, food, snacks, lodging for each day, he said,

                          I do not know what is wrong with our computer, for you have not crossed the border since you entered through Blaine five days ago — just as you said.” He then offered his truly sincere apologies and we drove off.
                          The good ole "road expense reports" saved the day. Keeping those the way you did was probably a habit held over from your long haul trucking days.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'll be doing the spyder version with hopefully a matte color with DCT. I almost bought a Huracan this weekend but am glad it sold first as I was dragging my feet. This is really hard waiting lol

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I will buy a hard loaded vehicle in the high performance version of the car when it is released. The only thing I would change is the color. Doubt they will have it but I liked the black rose very much. Hope the paint issues will be sorted out by then still not up to where it should be with the new ones I have inspected. I am one of those that hates OP and the new shop still suffers from it...

                              Comment

                              MECF_728x90_bottom

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X