MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Welcome Magnaflow As A Featured Forum Vendor. Your products excite!

We are extremely pleased to announce Magnaflow as a Featured Forum Vendor. Many of us have had and truly enjoyed their exhaust systems. Here is their site: https://www.magnaflow.com/. More to come shortly.
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

The Bowling Green Assembly Plant isn't full yet, but it's getting there!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bowling Green Assembly Plant isn't full yet, but it's getting there!

Click image for larger version  Name:	C8s plant lot.jpg Views:	505 Size:	250.4 KB ID:	112668

I came across a photo that was taken today, February 13, showing what is reportedly of a "full lot" at the Bowling Green Assembly Plant. The photo, however, is deceptive. There have been two major extensions of the lot over the last couple of years. I put this graphic together based on the lot photo that was taken today and the location of the last line of cars in that photo. From that row to the final row, there are at least 400 parking spots that remain unfilled. The lot is not full, but it's getting there!

Attached Files
    Last edited by jagamajajaran; 02-14-2020, 03:11 PM.

The opportunity for Chevrolet to start shipping, and in particular invoicing, must be getting more and more enticing and tempting!!!!!!!
    GD0 Accelerate Yellow Metallic; 3LT; HUE Natural Napa Leather; AE4 Competition Sport Seats; FA5 CF Interior Trim; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride Suspension; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q CF Open Spoke Wheels; J6F BR Brembo Calipers; RCC ER Intake Cover; DTH CF Racing Stripes; ZZ3 Engine App Package; VQK Splash Guards; ERI Battery Protection; R8C Museum Delivery

Proud LTM NCM.

Comment

Thanks a one huge smiley picture. Thank you very much Jeremy for locating and posting it.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Wow thanks for posting Jag, gets me excited! I think my car is on the right side a few rows down..Lol
        Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 ordered from Kerbeck, VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - DELIVERED. C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

Great post Jag! Awesome info.
          2LT
          Arctic White
          Natural - ST1
          Spectra Gray Tridents
          Bright Red Calipers
          Performance Exhaust

Comment

Hmmm.... assuming a current conservative production rate of 5 cars per hour times 8 hours per shift times two shifts = 80 cars per day, then that'll fill up the rest of the lot in 5 days. Gotta start shipping 'em or find an overflow lot! You can guess what my preference would be.

Comment

Do the cars that are rapped get a subsequent examination for quality.
              Or has that been completed.
              Or does quality control address the process and not the cars.?
              A final exam for each car.
              Or an indirect evaluation that does not require each car to strip into a hospital gown.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post
                Hmmm.... assuming a current conservative production rate of 5 cars per hour times 8 hours per shift times two shifts = 80 cars per day, then that'll fill up the rest of the lot in 5 days. Gotta start shipping 'em or find an overflow lot! You can guess what my preference would be.
                The first question is how many have been built so far. And John reminded me that the plant used to have 1500 spots for C7s but added more parking after that, so I'm guessing there are around 2000 spaces now. So what's our starting point? 600, 800, 1000 produced so far? Even at 1000, you'd still have room for 1000 more.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepDog View Post
                  Do the cars that are rapped get a subsequent examination for quality.
                  Or has that been completed.
                  Or does quality control address the process and not the cars.?
                  A final exam for each car.
                  Or an indirect evaluation that does not require each car to strip into a hospital gown.
                  The wrapped cars have been through the usual quality checks and are technically ready to go. However, everything is under the quality hold at this time, so they can't be released yet to shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post
                    So what's our starting point? 600, 800, 1000 produced so far? Even at 1000, you'd still have room for 1000 more.
                    I was just making my completely unlikely calculation based on the "at least 400 parking spots that remain unfilled" you estimated. Just getting impatient to see some customer cars get delivered and hearing the new owners' impressions!

Comment

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post

The first question is how many have been built so far. And John reminded me that the plant used to have 1500 spots for C7s but added more parking after that, so I'm guessing there are around 2000 spaces now. So what's our starting point? 600, 800, 1000 produced so far? Even at 1000, you'd still have room for 1000 more.
                      Quick count in aerial shot estimates to be about 750 cars. Assuming 50 or so are CTFs, one might estimate there are about 700 customer C8s? Given the aerial pic is a couple days old, there could be estimated 900 built so far. We have seen VINs for next week as high as 1208, so that is some confirmation. One could easily believe they might produce around 600 cars next week, which is about 2/3 the full production rate of the C7s. Seems reasonable rate for quality control assessments. So, around 2000 by end of the month. And pretty amazing yet careful progress for BGA!!
                      TPW 2/17 .. Shadow Gray Metallic w/Natural, 3LT, Z51, Mag, Lift, Spectra Gray Trident, Edge Red Calipers, Body Color Accents.

Past owned: 1984 C4, Medium Gray Metallic, Coupe, VIN# 1004; 1981 C3 White Coupe; 1980 C3 Dark Claret, Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by bpost22 View Post

Quick count in aerial shot estimates to be about 750 cars. Assuming 50 or so are CTFs, one might estimate there are about 700 customer C8s? Given the aerial pic is a couple days old, there could be estimated 900 built so far. We have seen VINs for next week as high as 1208, so that is some confirmation. One could easily believe they might produce around 600 cars next week, which is about 2/3 the full production rate of the C7s. Seems reasonable rate for quality control assessments. So, around 2000 by end of the month. And pretty amazing yet careful progress for BGA!!
                        I agree with the around 2000 by end of month. Extrapolating Kerbeck suggests about 1850 at 3100 or higher, which I think includes production through TPW 2/24/20. Production rate seems to be increasing from about 450/week to about 650/week.

Comment

I just can't wait to see some customer cars being shipped

Comment

My c8 vin #569 was built yesterday 2/13 status 3800 today it flipped to status 4000...some of you can figure ur build date by those numbers...

Comment

Jagamajajaran....yours is the white one in that picture, right?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X