MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 11 < >

C8 TO HAVE AN ACTIVE SPOILER VERSION? 1ST ZORA INTERIOR RENDERING THANKS TO FVS... WHAT THE ME WOULD LOOK LIKE WITH A FRONT LICENSE PLATE

ME To Have Active Spoiler Version? : https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...r-aero-spoiler

Zora First Interior Rendering By FVS: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...nterior-render

ME’s Front Plate Appearance: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-c8-appearance
2 of 11 < >

NEW “CHAZCRON” C8 SIDE RENDER... 1ST ZORA INTERIOR RENDERING THANKS TO FVS... WHAT THE ME WILL LOOK LIKE WITH A FRONT LICENSE PLATE

New C8 Side Render by “chazcron”: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-c8-rendering

Zora First Interior Rendering By FVS: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...nterior-render

ME’s Front Plate Appearance: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-c8-appearance
3 of 11 < >

Our 1st Year Anniversary Of the First real View of the ME... 1ST ZORA INTERIOR RENDERING... WHAT THE ME WILL LOOK LIKE WITH A FRONT LICENSE PLATE

One Year Ago, The Band Began To Play: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...year-ago-today

4 of 11 < >

New C8 Renders... 1st Zora Interior Rendering... What The ME Will Look Like With a Front License Plate

5 of 11 < >

Zora Interior Rendering... Latest Front Quarter ME Render... What the C8 will look like with a front plate...

6 of 11 < >

TODAY’S FVS (“FirstVetteSoon”) FRONT QUARTER RENDERING! New C8 Video and Pictures! WHAT WILL THE C8 LOOK LIKE WITH A FRONT PLATE?

7 of 11 < >

What Will Zora Look Like With A Front Plate? Why ME’s Peridocally Go Missing In Action? Really Nice ACS Composite Rendering

8 of 11 < >

What Will The C8 Look Like With A Front Plate? ME to Have Aero Curtains? Nice Rendering By ACS Composite

9 of 11 < >

Latest ME Rendering Thanks To ACS Composite! ME Interior Colors; And, Your ME With Or Without A Spoiler?

10 of 11 < >

ME Interior Colors: Will You Choose Your ME With A Spoiler?; Learning About A DCT

11 of 11 < >

Side Intake Design; New FVS Lower Side View; Learn More About Of The DCT

See more
See less

fvs - c8 new side view render- lower angle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fvs - c8 new side view render- lower angle

I made this lower angle view because I came across a nice side image of the RING car from the lower viewing angle which showed a slight "hump" in the front and rear Qs that reminded me of the 488. Not much different but a more muscular pose. Gives a slightly different feeling.

Here with McD wheels and black.

Click image for larger version  Name:	c8 side view ring low mcD wheels.jpg Views:	1 Size:	877.4 KB ID:	11175
    Click image for larger version  Name:	c8 side view ring low black wheels.jpg Views:	1 Size:	869.0 KB ID:	11176

Your best render to date in my opinion.

Comment

Make the one with the MickyD wheels medium metallic red with a rich tan interior and tell me where to send the check ... great work FVS!

Comment

Great work again fvs... very nice!

Comment

Very stunning!

Comment

I'll take two.
            2017 TR GS 2LT

Comment

GM should give FVS a couple of MEs... Then he would be so kind to offer me his spare one

Comment

Looking great! Seems like your earlier rendering may be more accurate on the rear quarter window. Also note that in the release version, the rear quarter window visually rhymes with the side scoop. Those are the two details that IMO bring cohesiveness to the design. So I've heard.

Comment

Makes sense to me. I think I posted a similar comment a while back.

I think because of the lower angle the shape looks a little more rounded on the window… I’ll take your word for The shape of the window ; ). Sometimes when doing the renderings quickly, I mess up small details like this Thanks.

I am wondering and suspecting and would advise if it were my design, that the outer edges of the scoop on the door and body should be “replaceable” trim to account for damage possible style trim accents. I can see those areas being damaged by opening doors and road debris and rocks kicking up and hitting the exposed edge
                  Last edited by fvs; 09-29-2018, 03:10 PM.

Comment

When I look at one of the leaked CAD drawings (and for the life of me I cannot find it now), it appeared the vent extended much further back towards the wheel opening. Even your early renders had the vent further to the rear.l

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=10557&amp;d=1537805917.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	971.7 KB
ID:	11306
                      Originally posted by ltomn View Post
                      When I look at one of the leaked CAD drawings (and for the life of me I cannot find it now), it appeared the vent extended much further back towards the wheel opening. Even your early renders had the vent further to the rear.l
                      I had posted this image in another thread. I sized and overlaid the CAD intake and positioned it based on the edge of the door jam.

it seems to me that the actual intake opening as seen in the CAD, extends approximately midway between the door jam and the wheel well.

The Front half of the intake port Seems to indicate that it is split top and bottom for possibly two separate paths. In this section you can see a curved shape directing the air inward towards the center of the car.

in some camo images you can actually see the door ledge begin to curve in word in the same manner. To Mayeye, this happens just beyond the exposed scoop V shape

any shape is possible at this point and it certainly could extend further then the renderings indicate but I do not believe it can go past the CAD intake opening since it would expose the vent from the outside and defeat the purpose of a scoop It would then need to act as a side Nacca port

I agree that this is a critical design element for the car and should be beautifully executed. There is the possibility that it does extend further back and angle all the way down to the mid point similar to the Aria car. I do not think at this point that the scoop extends all the way to the door rocker sill. The very deep concave horizontal at the bottom of the door could not be fake IMO. I will post some images of potential options. Maybe someone will be able to confirm or deny. ; )

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=10557&amp;d=1537805917.jpg Views:	1 Size:	971.7 KB ID:	11302
                      Last edited by fvs; 09-30-2018, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Name:	
Views:	2
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	11388
                        Originally posted by electroVette View Post
                        Looking great! Seems like your earlier rendering may be more accurate on the rear quarter window. Also note that in the release version, the rear quarter window visually rhymes with the side scoop. Those are the two details that IMO bring cohesiveness to the design. So I've heard.
                        Kind of like this
                        2009 Shelby GT 500 KR weekend toy

Comment

I really like the revised rear quarter window. As electroVette has noted, visually echoes the rear scoop. As we all I know, these small “repeats” as these magic touches make a design flow. Thank you both!

Allow me to be a touch more enthusiastic.

I really like the new quarter window!!!
                          Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A 2020 ME Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Agree 100% on the 1/4 window and I hope the retractable hardtop version and the targa version share that design. The 458 and 488 both have have different 1/4 windows based on whether the cars are GTS or GTB. The GTB 1/4 windows seem more attractive than the GTS lack of window.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbytinvab View Post
                              Agree 100% on the 1/4 window and I hope the retractable hardtop version and the targa version share that design. The 458 and 488 both have have different 1/4 windows based on whether the cars are GTS or GTB. The GTB 1/4 windows seem more attractive than the GTS lack of window.
                              The Vert rear Q "window" seems to be shaped as below. Note how the angle of the rear Q window points down to the corner point of the V scoop. This creates eye movement that follows from the top edge of the window opening around and down and then forward. Seems to make sense. Pretty nice looking vert IMO.

Next is the latest side view coupe.

Bottom is showing the repeating "V" design element.

I sharpened up a few things and rethought the lower section of the scoop area in front of the rear wheel. I believe there may be a split or separate panel there due to the "attachment" points seen in the CAD. May be wrong but seems likely to me.

I also "softened" up the upper scoop area as it blends into the fender. The camo images show a very harsh blocky attachment which I am sure is not accurate. I think this area will need to be refined and blended very well...which I am sure it will be..

Click image for larger version  Name:	c8 new side view vert best guess.jpg Views:	1 Size:	659.5 KB ID:	11436

Name:	c8 new side view best guess copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	660.5 KB
ID:	11439Click image for larger version  Name:	c8 new side view V shapes.jpg Views:	1 Size:	239.0 KB ID:	11438
                              Last edited by fvs; 10-01-2018, 05:12 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X