MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Cancel at 1100 status and get deposit back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancel at 1100 status and get deposit back?

Thinking about letting my order go but at 1100 status can you get your refund back without a hassle? ($2000) Just seems my orders isn’t getting picked up anytime soon. It’s always next Thursday lol Might try a different dealership or holdout.

I’m sure people behind you would appreciate that . Yes you can get your money back and the dealer has other people in line I’m sure. These cars are being built at even a faster rate today. Make some calls around and read this forum for help.
    RED ,C8. 2LT Z51.black wheels and trim. .... Order status 6000 car is home in garage
    .VIN.1906

Comment

Originally posted by MikeC8 View Post
      I’m sure people behind you would appreciate that . Yes you can get your money back and the dealer has other people in line I’m sure. These cars are being built at even a faster rate today. Make some calls around and read this forum for help.

Thank you! Will do!

Comment

The deposit is strictly a dealer question. GM never sees those deposits, and has no role in dealer policies regarding deposits. Most dealers shouldn't give you a problem with refunding the deposit, however.
        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
        >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I would not make the assumption that bailing out of your first dealership will guarantee you an earlier delivery. It could, but then again it might not.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

You need to talk to your sales manager and find out how many allocations they are getting and where you are on the list. At that point if you are not sure your # will come up I would try to find another dealer with allocations and put a refundable deposit down with them also, keeping your original one. This is not the way I like to do business, but it doesn't seem to be an issue, but at this stage of the game if you don't get advanced at your first dealer you may be looking at a 2021.

Comment

You made the best deal you could, I would stick with it. At this point in time, you are not going to get a better deal.
              Torch red 1LT, no options

Comment

I think you answered your own question...."Hold Out". 1100 is better than what some others have right now. Talk with your dealer, face to face. Go there in person. Forget the emails and phone calls. My dad use to tell me, "The sqeaky wheel gets the grease"....LOL...Good luck!

Comment

Definitely a case where patience is probably the best course.

Comment

If you go to the Rick "Corvette" Conti website and look at his customer sales list you will see that over half of them, like myself, are still at status code1100.

Comment

As long as the car is not locked, the dealer should let you out. That being said I will not speak for a Chevy dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by dbrooks05 View Post
                        Thinking about letting my order go but at 1100 status can you get your refund back without a hassle? ($2000)
                        Guess you didn't clarify with your dealer whether the deposit is refundable or not before you put it down. I suppose the dealer could have a refundable or non-refundable policy on deposits. Its up to them how they want to do business. Caveat emptor.

Comment

I was able to get my deposit back. No hassle. They were sad to see me do it. But I’m #2 on the list for a Z06. 😅😅😅😅

Comment

Originally posted by dbrooks05 View Post
                            I was able to get my deposit back. No hassle. They were sad to see me do it. But I’m #2 on the list for a Z06. 😅😅😅😅

Congrats on being #2 on the list but I am sure at some point they will want that deposit back for the Z06.

Comment

Of course! Once it’s officially revealed. Said I can pay it over the phone.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X