MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Completed C8’s [email protected]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completed C8’s [email protected]

We thank “Joe K” for his recent visit to the Plant, specifically his drive around the back side of the facility (which is accessible/allowed). It is always nice to see more customer cars that have been finished.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D4E018A7-595A-448F-B475-31FC3EF4EF42.jpeg
Views:	5926
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	111320

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Any idea how the quality hold/check works on these initial cars? It appears they are all covered in shrink wrap for shipping?
    Recently sold:
    Shark Grey '15 Z51 Coupe : White / Blue Diamond '13 427 60th roadster ( really miss the 'stripe delete' 427 )

Status 3000 - 7th Corvette... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels

Comment

Great pic John, hopefully this week the second shift starts and they really start kicking our babies out!.
      Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 ordered from Kerbeck, VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - DELIVERED. C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

Ours is code 3800 so I wonder which one is ours sitting out there lonely in the cold parking lot just waiting to come home where it belongs? This is good news for all of us Yahoo!
        Our C8 Arctic White, two tone interior black w/ red seats, 3LT...options--EYK, PIN, E60, ZZ3,VK3, ZYC, DTH, Q8Q, ERI, YF5, FE4, Z51, BV4

Comment

This getting even more exciting. Great photo ...thanks.
          Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

I am even more excited when I can see actual cars in their lot there. That's FANTASTIC!

Being the pessimist that I am, I'm not holding out a lot of hope for that 'second' shift going into action as if someone just 'pressed a button'. There are just sooo many moving pieces. The first being the BIG issue of workers from the plants that GM announced were closing, actually moving to the Bowling Green area. Then there's the issue of new hires and training of everybody. Couple that with integrating them into the workforce there and then getting a whole cohesive team together to deliver the product quality that's expected. That's a really BIG DEAL! (Almost frightening when you think of the complexity of the product coming down the line.)

Like all of you, I sure hope the line start up is smooth and flawless and the QC serves to validate all of managements efforts. In the mean time, I'm counting down the days until I get that call from Shane at the Museum. Then we'll deal with the most important QC..... the road trip back home to Texas, hopefully with the top down!

Comment

Has anyone counted those yet ? 😂 My eyes aren’t what they used to be. I’ve read 444 in 4 days. Where are the trucks ? Oh forgot these are on Q hold I’m assuming. Any thoughts on the Q hold subject ? Like how many cars might be included ? How long might it take ? Will late February or March production avoid the hold ?
              Last edited by MikeC8; 02-10-2020, 10:38 AM.
              RED ,C8. 2LT Z51.black wheels and trim. .... Order status 6000 car is home in garage
              .VIN.1906

Comment

Originally posted by tooold2race View Post
                I am even more excited when I can see actual cars in their lot there. That's FANTASTIC!

Being the pessimist that I am, I'm not holding out a lot of hope for that 'second' shift going into action as if someone just 'pressed a button'. There are just sooo many moving pieces. The first being the BIG issue of workers from the plants that GM announced were closing, actually moving to the Bowling Green area. Then there's the issue of new hires and training of everybody. Couple that with integrating them into the workforce there and then getting a whole cohesive team together to deliver the product quality that's expected. That's a really BIG DEAL! (Almost frightening when you think of the complexity of the product coming down the line.)

Like all of you, I sure hope the line start up is smooth and flawless and the QC serves to validate all of managements efforts. In the mean time, I'm counting down the days until I get that call from Shane at the Museum. Then we'll deal with the most important QC..... the road trip back home to Texas, hopefully with the top down!
                Yeah I always like top less. 😂
                RED ,C8. 2LT Z51.black wheels and trim. .... Order status 6000 car is home in garage
                .VIN.1906

Comment

Originally posted by tooold2race View Post

As you probably know, the production line is full of C8s in various states of completion, when 2nd shift starts. The line does stop for the shift change, just to make sure all stations are staffed as well as turnover between both shifts, shift manager turnovers and any necessary pre-production meetings. The second shift are not all new staff, some first shift staff have "migrated" to second shift, some temporarily. The second shift will certainly start off at a careful pace, and conduct similar daily status reviews on quality and production specification reviews and decide daily on production line pace. Certainly both shifts will produce the same high quality cars, and within a week or two, both shifts should be producing at a similar pace.
                  TPW 2/17 .. Shadow Gray Metallic w/Natural, 3LT, Z51, Mag, Lift, Spectra Gray Trident, Edge Red Calipers, Body Color Accents.

Past owned: 1984 C4, Medium Gray Metallic, Coupe, VIN# 1004; 1981 C3 White Coupe; 1980 C3 Dark Claret, Coupe

Comment

4200 - Shipped is the magical number!!!!! Can't wait to see some of these cars "in the wild"!!!! Waiting for the Z06, but it's getting more difficult every day!
                    Lord Help Me Be The Person My Dog Thinks I Am.

Comment

Does it a bit odd that if there were a quality issue and the had to do work on the cars, the cover might need to come off.

Hopefully, that means they don’t anticipate any issues!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Classic-Chevy-Guy View Post
                        Does it a bit odd that if there were a quality issue and the had to do work on the cars, the cover might need to come off.

Hopefully, that means they don’t anticipate any issues!!!
                        Ralph, They can be removed quite easily and put back on. I'm sure they don't want the cars to deteriorate while they sit there for however long they need to. Hopefully they aren't there all that long.

Comment

Thanks. Thought they were one time only use.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeC8 View Post
                            I’ve read 444 in 4 days.
                            That was a slightly misleading sentence. There weren't 444 produced in 4 days. There were 444 scheduled to be built and the current stats for those cars were given in that thread.
                            The picture I posted from Friday seems to be easier to guess the numbers. I guessed about 400, but that might also include some CTF vehicles as well.
                            Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                            Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

This is how they did it last generation, and as capevettes noted they do that to protect them for can you imagine that if was even 1/8” of an inch of snow, with some C8 customers knowing their care is completed, “what do you mean you are storing mine outside in the snow unprotected?”

Hopefully as this QCH progresses, all or almost all that are sitting there now, wrapped and protected, have as their very next step having their door zipper opened so the transporter driver could get into it, then load that next car on the transporter on its way to its next or final delivery point.
                              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X