MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

What is VIN #2 worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is VIN #2 worth?

If VIN 1 went for $3,000,000 what would #2 be worth?
    Last edited by joehebertiii; 02-05-2020, 12:47 PM.
    2LT coupe, ELB, GT2, Sky Cool Gray, two-tone, front lift, body color accents, NPP, body color roof, black seat belts, Spectra Gray wheels, black calipers, battery protection.

MSRP would be my best guess! Really, neat conversation piece but don’t see it doing anything significantly for value.

Comment

Originally posted by 1-2-b-67L89 View Post
      MSRP would be my best guess! Really, neat conversation piece but don’t see it doing anything significantly for value.
      Let’s be real about this. Anyone who receives a C8 this month would be able to flip it for $100k easily. Toyota Supras were selling for $70k-$80k and listed for double that.

The 2nd hand market for these cars is going to be ridiculous for the better part of this year.

Comment

VIN 1 went for charity. If it was just an auction for the car itself it would have been nowhere near $3M.

Comment

Also, VIN 1 is something a few, very few, people are willing to pay absurd prices for to add to their collection, because it's the first. Not because someone else beat them to it and they had to "settle" for number 2. The second will never have the same cachet. I agree that you could probably flip it for a fair bit more than MSRP, but probably no more than #3 or #50.
          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
          >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

A good guess is that "insiders" such as Jay Leno might be the recipients of some of the early VIN's. We may see some of them on the internet and perhaps on YouTube.
            Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

Originally posted by joehebertiii View Post
              If VIN 1 went for $3,000,000 what would #2 be worth?
              #2 is worth as much as you can get

Comment

Originally posted by VicH View Post
                VIN 1 went for charity. If it was just an auction for the car itself it would have been nowhere near $3M.
                The money went to charity the car went to Rick

Comment

My C7 VIN was 190. Doubtful number 2 on is worth a premium.

Comment

Originally posted by WWR View Post

The money went to charity the car went to Rick
                    Yes I know that. I was actually there.

Comment

Ask Buzz Aldrin about being #2
                      Vin # 2539
                      Torch Red LT2 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by MrBluster View Post
                        A good guess is that "insiders" such as Jay Leno might be the recipients of some of the early VIN's. We may see some of them on the internet and perhaps on YouTube.
                        A couple of youtubers got some pretty early vin numbers. Doug Demuro ironically was not one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vetter1 View Post
                          My C7 VIN was 190. Doubtful number 2 on is worth a premium.
                          None of them will ever be worth anywhere near what number 1 went for because that was for charity. However, the sooner anyone gets one and flips it the more it will be worth. I bet there is someone out there with $125k burning a hole in their pocket that wouldn’t mind having one in February even if they have to empty their pocket to get it.

Comment

I would say double whatever the MSRP is for the first 9-10
                            cars - but if I had to guess all the single digit VINs have had preselected owners for quite a while and won’t see the light of day.

BZ

Comment

I thought I heard Rick bought #2 as well as #1. #2 can be his DD. I read it online somewhere so probably not true.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X