MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

C8 3LT Z51 sells for $13,995 over list on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I’m missing something, but why is a dealer that put an $81K C8 on the block for a starting bid of $60K being demonized? If only one person bid, and that $81K C8 went for $60K, that dealer would have lost their shirt! So again, what did the dealer do wrong?

Click image for larger version

Name:	BA1EAE74-9968-4669-B6E9-286E7D878B53.png
Views:	204
Size:	899.3 KB
ID:	109967
    Future: 2020 C8 Z51 3LT Torch Red - 3000 status
    Current: 2014 C7 Z51 3LT Torch Red
    Prior: 1992 C4, 1995 C4 2002 C5, 2005 C6, 2010 C6

Comment

I kinda agree with BIG Dave. This dealer was within his rights to sell this car for whatever the auction provided. The CTF cars are not really subject to MSRP. They are sold for whatever the market will bare. They seems fair to me.

Now on the other hand, if you REALLY gotta have the shiny new object FIRST, then you will pay a premium. $13K seems pretty steep to me, but some folks have $$$ to burn.

Comment

I looked at that car if I liked the color I would have purchased. When thinking of the value, rarity of being one of the first. I truly thought it was going to go above 100k
        in a way I am disappointed

Comment

Business 101, Supply and Demand. Don't be mad if someone set the market for the car that is over MSRP I look at it as my car will hold great resale value, remember the first one sold for 3,000,000.00 so this guy got a great deal.

Comment

I had no problem with the sale. It’s eBay. Just interested what someone would pay.
            2LT coupe, ELB, GT2, Sky Cool Gray, two-tone, front lift, body color accents, NPP, body color roof, black seat belts, Spectra Gray wheels, black calipers, battery protection.

Comment

I assume a CTF vehicle has no warranty?
              Vin # 2539
              Torch Red LT2 Z51

Comment

If this car was delivered and then sitting in a dealer showroom, the ADM would be substantially more than this. I think the only reason it didn’t go for more was simply their eBay feedback rating. Another auction I saw for a red 3LT Z51 was already over $105k. I see early markups on resales for listings where you can see pictures of the actual vehicle will go for $25-30k (possibly more in some instances) over MSRP. I’m watching these auctions closely as I actually have two deposits/allocations for similarly equipped cars and not sure what I’ll do with the second one yet (either mod into a full on show car or just sell and let another owner enjoy).

BZ

Comment

SUPPLY AND DEMAND it’s how the entire world of commerce works. The buyer paid what he thought was fair ...for him ....
                  Why pass judgement on any transaction that is an agreement ​​​​​​ between the parties involved.
                  The seller sold his car to a person who was happy to pay for it at a price he agreed to.
                  Thats an ethical transaction no one was cheated.

Jmhofwiw and ymmv
                  2014 Stingray Laguna Blue “Cindyblue”
                  3000 status : TPW not known until 2 weeks prior to build 😬
                  2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Happy View Post
                    a Dealer should never sell above list, I have no use for that dealer....Chevrolet should stop that...thats my opinion....being in the electrical supply for 48 years and I NEVER sold any thing at Msrp never mind above list......
                    Dealers are independent businesses. They buy cars from GM, sell them to customers. GM doesn't own them, and can't tell them how much to sell cars for.

Should GM also tell dealers they can't sell for less than MSRP?
                    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                    >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by LightningBolt View Post
                      I assume a CTF vehicle has no warranty?
                      Full factory warranty. It's production in every way but the VIN. These are new cars, not one that have been used for testing.
                      Last edited by meyerweb; 02-06-2020, 09:37 AM.
                      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                      >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Originally posted by vossenator View Post
                        As this was a captured C8, was this sold before it was shipped to dealer.? I have been told by multiple sources that these vehicles are being sent to certain dealers because with most dealers being sold out for the 2020 production year, this is to have a C8 available to show the public. I was told this morning that these are not intended to be sold to customers.

My dealership is sold out and we have 14 deposits for 2021’s. That means no inventory to show a customer well into 2021 model year run.

Can anyone from Chevrolet confirm what the correct information is?
                        Multiple dealers are selling their CTFs, including Criswell, so I think your sources are wrong. Again, dealers are independent. Once GM sells them a car, it's theirs, not GM's. They can do whatever they want with it.

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                        >36,000 miles

Comment

Originally posted by P-Tree View Post
                          A fool and their money are soon departed.
                          If you were kicking yourself for not ordering the car in August, you might consider this a bargain.
                          Torch red 1LT, no options

Comment

The value of anything is what a person is willing to pay at a point in time.. I am a capitalist pig and I see a willing buyer and a willing seller and that is what is know as a market....I trade equities every day with the purpose of making a profit....

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Dave View Post
                              Maybe I’m missing something, but why is a dealer that put an $81K C8 on the block for a starting bid of $60K being demonized? If only one person bid, and that $81K C8 went for $60K, that dealer would have lost their shirt! So again, what did the dealer do wrong?

Click image for larger version

Name:	BA1EAE74-9968-4669-B6E9-286E7D878B53.png
Views:	204
Size:	899.3 KB
ID:	109967
                              Not exactly, I watched this auction and the seller set a reserve. I think the reserve was over $90k

Comment

Could be WAY worse. Anyone her recall the GAS CRISIS in the early 1970's?

In NJ we were allowed X gallons of gas every other day. I forget how much but believe me it was not a fill up, like 5 or 10 gallons.

You couldn't give away a vehicle with poor mileage. Musclecars went begging for under a grand. Yet...folks were paying WELL OVER MSRP for VW's, etc. Anything that had a good MPG was now very expensive.

At least whoever buys one of these early releases gets a Corvette! Not a VW Bug at MSRP plus 30%.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X