MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

No suspension mode setting without mag ride.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No suspension mode setting without mag ride.

Just got a confirmation from the Corvette concierge that there is no suspension setting adjustments without mag ride. They should’ve made the mag ride a standalone option instead of requiring Z51.
    2LT coupe, ELB, GT2, Sky Cool Gray, two-tone, front lift, body color accents, NPP, body color roof, black seat belts, Spectra Gray wheels, black calipers, battery protection.

Originally posted by joehebertiii View Post
    Just got a confirmation from the Corvette concierge that there is no suspension setting adjustments without mag ride. They should’ve made the mag ride a standalone option instead of requiring Z51.
    GM added it as a standalone option in later C7 models, and they likely will do the same with the C8.
    Upcoming Vette:
    '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status on December 27, 2019, 3000 Status on January 2, 2020, 3400 Status on March 10, 2020, TPW of March 16, 2020

Current Vettes:
    '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
    '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
    '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

In the C7 generation, they added it as a stand alone option in the 3rd model year. I think it is, in part, a factor of the limited time and resources to calibrate it for two different sets of springs. And probably in part to push people into buying the more expensive Z51. I'm hoping they add it as a stand alone in the 2nd model year this time around.
      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
      >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

If the C8 rides anything like my C7, I don't need mag ride.

Comment

The Concierge is available on Sunday?

Comment

Must be trying to catch up on old emails. They were extremely busy last week.
            2LT coupe, ELB, GT2, Sky Cool Gray, two-tone, front lift, body color accents, NPP, body color roof, black seat belts, Spectra Gray wheels, black calipers, battery protection.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
              In the C7 generation, they added it as a stand alone option in the 3rd model year. I think it is, in part, a factor of the limited time and resources to calibrate it for two different sets of springs. And probably in part to push people into buying the more expensive Z51. I'm hoping they add it as a stand alone in the 2nd model year this time around.
              On the C7 the FE3 suspension (Z51) had stiffer springs than the base FE1 suspension. However, when you added MSRC (FE4) the spring rate was lowered to almost the same as the FE1 (actually lowered to slightly less than the FE1 spring rate). I don't know what the spring rate was for the non-Z51 MSRC (FE2).
              Initially on the C7 you would get the Z51 tires and wheels when you got the MSRC without Z51. This went away when they made the base wheels and tires the same size as the Z51. This may have had something to do with why it took so long to get a FE2 suspension option. Since the C8 tire and wheel size is the same for the base and Z51 a non-Z51 MSRC option may come sooner.
              Having said that I'd still probably get the Z51 even if FE2 suspension was offered separately since I'd still get NPP and now you are only $3800 away from the full Z51 package.
              On Deposit: 2020 C8 Stingray Convertible - Torch Red - Natural Dipped 3LT - Z51 w/MSRC - Front Lift

Comment

I have a different perspective. Creating three suspension options in year one was an amazing feat considering the truly minuscule size of the Corvette team and also considering that massive task of developing their first mid engine Corvette (5,000 parts), e.g., understandable to that they did not bring it out this first ME year, and commendable that they did not just stop at two suspensions for 2020.

There is an old saying that, the best year of a Corvette generation is the last one. It has the best quality and the most options. Doubt any of us are able to wait that long.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                  There is an old saying that, the best year of a Corvette generation is the last one. It has the best quality and the most options. Doubt any of us are able to wait that long.
                  And if you did, then you'd be grumbling to yourself about all the things the next generation has that you're missing out on.

By buying a 2015 instead of waiting 6 months and ordering a 2016, I missed out on Android Auto and MSRC. But I had an entire extra summer and fall to enjoy driving my 2015 top down.
                  SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                  >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Must be trying to catch up on old emails. They were extremely busy last week.
                    I got an email from them around 4PM yesterday (Sat) confirming I've been moved from an April 20 TPW to March 30. So I guess they are now working weekends.

Comment

Just got a confirmation from the Corvette concierge that there is no suspension setting adjustments without mag ride...
                      Well yes, it’s the Mag Shocks that make the ride adjustable. Increasing/decreasing the voltage applied to the ElectroMagnet portion of the Mag Shocks changes the viscosity of the Magnetorheological fluid which in turns affects the firmness of the shock.

More info can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MagneRide
                      Future: 2020 C8 Z51 3LT Torch Red - 3000 status
                      Current: 2014 C7 Z51 3LT Torch Red
                      Prior: 1992 C4, 1995 C4 2002 C5, 2005 C6, 2010 C6

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

I got an email from them around 4PM yesterday (Sat) confirming I've been moved from an April 20 TPW to March 30. So I guess they are now working weekends.
                        Great news Boomer. It is also nice to see some TPW’s moving forward.
                        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

Great news Boomer. It is also nice to see some TPW’s moving forward.
                          Yes! All the ones I've seen move further out. Care to speculate why mine moved closer?

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

Yes! All the ones I've seen move further out. Care to speculate why mine moved closer?
                            What is your build? It's likely colour or an option they want to group together.
                            Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                            Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post

What is your build? It's likely colour or an option they want to group together.
                              "Base", Blade Silver, Transparent roof, 2lt, carbon flash wheels, NPP, splash guards. $70,730.

Maybe they wanted to group the Blade Silver with the Transparent roof?
                              Last edited by Boomer; 02-02-2020, 03:06 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X