MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Leaving dealership in my C8, I am going to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post

Last time I was on the Blue Ridge, the speed limit was 40 mph with NPS police using radar. Great road, but too short of a leash for a new Corvette.
    Rob, Thanks for the heads up! I"ll keep that in mind as should everyone! I think the police will be looking to pull these cars over just to have a look!

Comment

Originally posted by OldYellow View Post

So if you are in Asheville on the way home, how can you resist the Blue Ridge Parkway? I just have to ask! I love Asheville and the Parkway!
      I probably can’t resist - been on it several times and love it. We are potentially making a week of the delivery experience, going to Nashville, BG, then the distillery. Hitting the Parkway on the ride home is definitely an option.
      CMGM C8, 3LT, HTO Tension/Twilight, Z51, FE4, 5VM, 5ZZ, C2Z, E60, FA5, ZYC, ZZ3, Q8T Wheels, R8C Museum Delivery.

Comment

I am correcting my prior post of the speed limit on the Blue Ridge Parkway. It is 45 mph, not 40 mph.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't highway driving not the greatest for break-in? Aren't you supposed to vary the speed and RPM and not keep it at a constant for too long? Highway driving on an interstate doesn't seem the best... no?
          Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Originally posted by Sparro View Post
            Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't highway driving not the greatest for break-in? Aren't you supposed to vary the speed and RPM and not keep it at a constant for too long? Highway driving on an interstate doesn't seem the best... no?
            Good excuse to Race that Ferrari that challenges you on your way home!
            Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
            Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

My brother has agreed to help me take my new baby home. Our plans are to fly up from Florida to Virginia and take our sweet time coming back. Heck, we might somehow get diverted through Alabama where we grew up and went to high school.
              Last edited by Bryan B.; 02-17-2020, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparro View Post
                Good point. I will vary speeds and do some back road driving as well. I should be right at 500 miles by the time I get home. I am guessing that the Museum folks will go over break-in recommendations in detail as part of delivery. I also hope we see the owners manual soon.

CMGM C8, 3LT, HTO Tension/Twilight, Z51, FE4, 5VM, 5ZZ, C2Z, E60, FA5, ZYC, ZZ3, Q8T Wheels, R8C Museum Delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by CMG_C8 View Post

I probably can’t resist - been on it several times and love it. We are potentially making a week of the delivery experience, going to Nashville, BG, then the distillery. Hitting the Parkway on the ride home is definitely an option.
                  Distillery, you say....?

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                    I am correcting my prior post of the speed limit on the Blue Ridge Parkway. It is 45 mph, not 40 mph.
                    Yea Rob but that is at the fastest spots, many places you're doing 35 and under. Brutal if you want to get on it but what views. It will be a while before my eyes leave the car though. Good luck CMG as I love the Ceramic and blue combo. I'll keep an eye out for it while you're flying up 85 near Concord. ha ha
                    Current Vette: 2015 Stingray - Past Vettes: 1970,80,87,92,94,97, & 2000.

Comment

• We’re going out of our way to jump on the Blue Ridge Pkwy and take it south to Asheville. I’ve never driven the parkway so it ought to be an experience.
                      Vin # 2539
                      Torch Red LT2 Z51

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparro View Post
                        Yes agreed but the highway drive is short and I will definitely be mixing it up with some back roads. I am picking it up in Salinas.
                        Last edited by tkracing1; 02-17-2020, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• Just avoid using cruise control,, and zip by a few 18 wheelers, slowing back down again when you get by them.

Comment

• I will Smile like the Joker. 😃

Comment

• Picking up at NCM. Idea is for me and the Mrs., with some friends in another auto, to drive up to Louisville to do a little trip through the Bourbon Trail. Then, head back over to Lake Norris area in TN to spend a few days at the lake. Finally, drive it back to Cincinnati to wash it up and get ready for work the next day.

Total trip: 512 miles. 😀

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X