MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Leaving dealership in my C8, I am going to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldYellow View Post
    I have about a sixty mile drive from my courtesy delivery dealer to home. I will drive that baby home, wash it, and apply a coat of Zaino Clear Seal and see if I can keep the bugs from spotting my Arctic White Beast. I have to keep that nose clean!
    I don't know where you live, but here in Florida you want to protect against those "love" bugs. They swarm and splatter all over your front end.

Comment

I’ll be picking up in Maryland
      I’ll spend the night there
      ill put a heavy coat of wax on the front end and head south to Florida
      1000 mile plus break in run

Comment

Wax will help with getting the bugs off later. Also I suggest Rejex for that purpose.

Another option for protecting the front end on the way home would be “TracWrap.”

https://www.xpel.com/shop/paint-prot...-film/tracwrap

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks for the tip
          ill be buying some tracwrap fir the trip

Comment

Originally posted by DomMe View Post
            I’ll be picking up in Maryland
            I’ll spend the night there
            ill put a heavy coat of wax on the front end and head south to Florida
            1000 mile plus break in run
            Where do you live in Florida? I grew up in Marlow Heights, Maryland, two miles from the SE DC line. Are you buying your C8 from Criswell? I am purchasing my C8 from Matick in Michigan, and my salesman is trying to work with a Chevy dealer in New Smyrna Beach to take courtesy deliveries for me and a few other customers. That would be approximately one hour's drive from me. I have an installer in Melbourne that does ceramic coating and PFF that I have hired on a couple of vehicles and he does very good quality work. But I am asking for quotes from other Ceramic Pro installers (they also do PFF), and if I can find one in New Smyrna Beach or Daytona, I may just have them do the work right after taking possession of the vehicle from the dealership.

Comment

We intend on driving to the Buffalo Trace distillery after museum delivery, then heading back to Charlotte through Asheville, NC, where a stop for lunch at Sierra Nevada Brewery might in order.
              CMGM C8, 3LT, HTO Tension/Twilight, Z51, FE4, 5VM, 5ZZ, C2Z, E60, FA5, ZYC, ZZ3, Q8T Wheels, R8C Museum Delivery.

Comment

I plan on picking mine up and driving down to Pebble Beach for a few days. The Highway 1 drive should be perfect for break-in.

Comment

I am picking my car up in Idaho via courtesy delivery. Likely in late May or early June (perfect timing). Then trailering it down to Utah to Royal Motors for a paint correction and Gyeon Quartz Coating(s). Following this, I'm trailering it home to Montana for break in.

Comment

This is a concise bit of info on the highway.
                    The Beartooth Highway is a 68-mile route through the Beartooth and Absaroka Mountains that is often heralded as the most beautiful road in America. The winding highway runs from Red Lodge to Cooke City and climbs to an elevation of 10,947 feet.

Comment

My hard top will be living in Jupiter Florida
                      looking forward to the drive

Comment

Hey PG County Boy. I see where GriotsGarage has a Bug Barricade to apply on the front end. My friend uses it on his Z06. I ordered some for my new car on order so we will see how it does. I think you apply it somewhat often to get best results. Anyone else on here use Bug Barricade? I'll use it on top of my Zaino Clear Seal.

Comment

Originally posted by CMG_C8 View Post
                          We intend on driving to the Buffalo Trace distillery after museum delivery, then heading back to Charlotte through Asheville, NC, where a stop for lunch at Sierra Nevada Brewery might in order.
                          So if you are in Asheville on the way home, how can you resist the Blue Ridge Parkway? I just have to ask! I love Asheville and the Parkway!

Comment

Hey PG County Boy. I see where GriotsGarage has a Bug Barricade to apply on the front end. My friend uses it on his Z06. I ordered some for my new car on order so we will see how it does. I think you apply it somewhat often to get best results. Anyone else on here use Bug Barricade? I'll use it on top of my Zaino Clear Seal.
                            Thanks OldYellow. Here’s a video (biased or accurate)? I too am intrigued as my forum name in other places is “Road Trip.” Anyone used it as OldYellow has asked? If not, I will get some in the next month and test it out on my bug coated daily driver’s front.

Here’s one review I found by “Brad”: “Griots Bug and Smudge remover does the job in a short period of time. Spray on, let it sit for a few minutes, rinse off with pressure washer and the bugs are no more. Once in a while if the bugs are really caked on it takes a little agitation to get them off, but even then they come off with ease.”

I am definitely intrigued for at the end of a 500 mile summer road trip day the time I spend detailer the front of my car equals the entire rest of the car combined.
                            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

So if you are in Asheville on the way home, how can you resist the Blue Ridge Parkway? I just have to ask! I love Asheville and the Parkway!
                              Last time I was on the Blue Ridge, the speed limit was 40 mph with NPS police using radar. Great road, but too short of a leash for a new Corvette.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

Here’s one review I found by “Brad”: “Griots Bug and Smudge remover does the job in a short period of time. Spray on, let it sit for a few minutes, rinse off with pressure washer and the bugs are no more. Once in a while if the bugs are really caked on it takes a little agitation to get them off, but even then they come off with ease.”

I am definitely intrigued for at the end of a 500 mile summer road trip day the time I spend detailer the front of my car equals the entire rest of the car combined.
                                I have a product called Bugs 'n All, which I purchased through Amazon. It works very well, but if you've ever had to endure a drive through swarms of Love Bugs, there is a lot of splatter on your front end to remove. Worse, if you encounter this on the way to work and don't remove the bugs, they will be baking the entire day in this nice hot Florida sun.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X