MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

For those with VIN already, Owners Manual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those with VIN already, Owners Manual?

First, Hello to all. Been lurking for months now, just not a big contributor to boards. My TPW is 3/23 so I doubt i have a vin yet. For those who do, have you tried adding the vin to your mychevy app or web site to see if the owner's manual might be available to you? Just a thought?

Excellent idea and I just tried adding a VIN for one of the CTF vehicles which was noted on another page. It decoded the VIN properly as shown below but when I attempted to add it to my garage, the screen sat thinking for a long while with a blinking grey circle. I thought it was odd after 5 minutes so I closed the browser and re-logged back into my Owner Garage and there I was met with the following message.

So it seems they haven't actually set things up fully at this stage... or they are on to the schenanigans those of us might play!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Patter88; 01-31-2020, 10:51 AM.
    G9F Ceramic Matrix Grey Metallic; 2LT; Adrenaline Red interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 Front Lift; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; Black Rocker Panel Extensions

Comment

Welcome Grumps. Great first post and super idea, but just a touch premature regarding GM’s release timing. Let’s hope your idea works well as early as next week — for as you have read, we are Owners Manual starved.

Thanks for joining our friendly Corvette community!

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Guess what appeared in My GM Garage today? The C8 I tried to add yesterday. I was able to get into all the How To sections for all the systems but it was generic and coded as "2020 Multi-Model" and the images for things like the infotainment appear to be screens from other 2020 GM products. On the page where you can download the PDF of the Owner's Manual... there was no link to click on. So I think things are getting closer but not quite ready yet. If I had to guess we probably can get the manual sometime in the next few weeks. I proabably should remove this car from my garage... but somehow it feels good to see it there! LOL
        G9F Ceramic Matrix Grey Metallic; 2LT; Adrenaline Red interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 Front Lift; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; Black Rocker Panel Extensions

Comment

Good to hear. Hopefully that means someone should be able to post soon. Especially hearing the ctf cars have already been sold they must have the manual printed.

Comment

You can ask Shane about Owners Manual, I have bothered him too much lately.

Shane Webb
            Delivery Department Manager
            National Corvette Museum
            270-777-4505 Direct

An email from Shane indicates they are expecting Museum deliveries starting in March, was hoping February but hey what ya going to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Baja 405 View Post

Shane Webb, Delivery Department Manager

An email from Shane indicates they are expecting Museum deliveries starting in March, was hoping February but hey what ya going to do.
              The GM press release today indicated the first deliveries of customer C8’s will be either in late February or early March.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

The GM press release today indicated the first deliveries of customer C8’s will be either in late February or early March.
                Shane told me that they will start releasing customer cars late February but the first of March is when he expects to start Museum deliveries.

Comment

I logged into my MyGM account today and instead of a generic placeholder image, there was an image of my C8 as I had configured it.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	VicsConfiguredC8.png
Views:	502
Size:	520.1 KB
ID:	111631

Still no manual, though...
                  Last edited by VicH; 02-10-2020, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Nice to see you car VicH on that specific site.

We are hearing that the manual is still more than a week out. Hope that is not correct, but that is the current info.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                      Nice to see you car VicH on that specific site.

We are hearing that the manual is still more than a week out. Hope that is not correct, but that is the current info.
                      Cool. Can't wait for the manual. Will keep me busy reading for a while.

Comment

Wow VicH! Gorgeous build!
                        TPW March 2. 3LT, Z51, FE4, Black GBA, ZZ3, Black interior with Red seats/red stitch HU0 & 2 tone TU7, E60, J6N, RIK, Q8Q, etc.
                        Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Neil H View Post
                          Wow VicH! Gorgeous build!
                          Thanks very much!

Comment

The owner's manual PDF will be available toward the end of the month.

Comment

Thanks Jag! Who wants to sign up to to prepare a “Cliff’s Notes” version of the Owners Manual manual for us, condensing about 400 pages to about the most cogent 30 for our first read. Then we could later slowly work our way through it every page by every page.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X