MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Seat Selection - GT1 vs. GT2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Selection - GT1 vs. GT2

Hi Folks,

I'm new to this forum and a first time vette purchaser... having crossed over from the Audi S and RS world! I've had my C8 order in with my small local dealer (mid pack out of 9 allocations) since October and still waiting at 1100 for the call.

Yesterday, I was at the C8 reveal event at Whitmoyer Chevrolet in Mount Joy, PA and noticed something interesting regarding the seats. My current build has GT1 seats which clearly lists "power driver and passenger seat lumbar control" under the standard specifications. The specifications suggest that power lumbar is standard irrespective of which seat (GT1, GT2, or GT3) is chosen. However, the GT1, GT2, and GT3 seats on display caused me to question this. Clearly only the GT2 seat shows a lumbar control on the side where the other power seat buttons are located. This lumbar control was conspicuously missing on both the GT1 and GT3 seats on display.

So my question... do the GT1 seats truly have power lumbar or do I need to upgrade to the GT2 to get that? Would the lumbar control on the GT1 seat be located somewhere else other than the side control panel of the seat? Perhaps these seats on display are early prototypes and not fitted with the final control panels. Anybody know the definitive on this?

Attached Files
    G9F Ceramic Matrix Grey Metallic; 2LT; Adrenaline Red interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 Front Lift; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; Black Rocker Panel Extensions

The GT1 seats have the controls if you get 2LT
    Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
    Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

That makes sense... I didn't even think about the 1LT having the same seats minus the lumbar.
      G9F Ceramic Matrix Grey Metallic; 2LT; Adrenaline Red interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 Front Lift; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; Black Rocker Panel Extensions

Comment

Do the GT1 have manual lumbar?
        Torch red 1LT, no options

Comment

Originally posted by WillRockwell View Post
          Do the GT1 have manual lumbar?
          According to the Order Guide, “power lumbar control” for driver and passenger (RPO codes AL9 and AT9) are standard in 2LT and 3LT regardless of the seat option.

Comment

And there is no indication of any kind of lumbar adjustment for 1LT and GT1
            Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
            Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

Doesn’t matter which of the two available seats you choose in a 1LT, you get power adjusters but no bolster or lumbar of any description. Of course, who knows what crazy innovations Canadians might come up with, lol.

Comment

Probably like the previous gen cars with 1LT and that will likely explain the display seats would have been for a 1LT car with no lumbar.
                2020 Convertible, Torch Red, 2LT, NPP, Natural, GT1, E60, Q8Q, perpetual status 3000

Comment

My understanding: GT1 seats in 1LT trim level will not have power or manual lumbar. GT1 seats in the 2LT trim level have power lumbar and are heated and ventilated. Optional GT2 seats in 2LT have power lumbar and are also heated and ventilated.

Comment

Double check yet Id imagine 2LT models with GT1 seats still get adjustable bolsters and adjustable lumbar support.

1LT GT1 seats nope...

no bolster or lumbar adjustablity.

my current corvette of 13 years and 138k miles and it did NOT have those adustments either...

i never missed it. Nobody ever complained either...

all ive ever heard is awesome corvette!

my wifes Alfa stelvio ti sport has adjustable sport seat bolsters, lumbar support and heated seats...and steering wheel...these are extremely well contoured seats in the alfa....probably some of the best sport seats Ive ever sat in...i think these seats were all of an extra grand on the sticker....very tight fitting and I like it...

i would have bought the competition seat but didnt care for the performance textile and suede steering wheel for 2500 dollars..if I could have had microfiber seats in the center at a minimum but preferably leather at the very least...

i know the engineers loved the performance textile...for its function..lyet it got a lot of thumbs down when seen at 4 of the corvette events in the northeast...by almost every passerby at the events and I spent a lot of time with the seat display.... at the kerbeck event many thought I was a project manager for GM thats how much time I spent in the tent talking to possible consumers....people just started walking up waiting in line to ask me questions about the various options primarily the 3 different seats on display...i did not speak to one person that afternoon in atlantic city for the time i was there that said...yes buy the performance textile sport seat gt3...

not from sitting in them but rather the look and feel of performance textile...i know it grips better but man is it or was pretty unattractive...i tried talking myself into it...but just couldnt.

The 2 and 3 LT adjustable lumbar is nice and if you have a bad back...the lumbar support and heated seats are huge wins..

have a bad back...go for the 2 LT...

i believe and you can confirm with the concierge and the salesman your using ..

2LT Gt1 seats have lumbar support..

good luck
                    Last edited by JB; 01-23-2020, 12:05 AM.
                    Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

From the GM dealer pack sent to all Corvette dealers:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-01-24 at 53143 PM.png
Views:	254
Size:	650.0 KB
ID:	106114

On 2LT, GT1 seats have two-way lumbar, plus wing adjustments.... 2LT seats also include heating and ventilation....
                      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                      >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Thanks meyerweb... that's pretty definitive and makes sense. Thanks for all the input everyone! I almost changed my order to the GT2 seats....

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X