Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today’s News That “Corvette Fever” Returns

Corvette Fever magazine has not been published for a while. But Alan Colvin, a walking encyclopedia of GM cars as well as Corvette, has purchased the rights to Corvette Fever and has revived this publication! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-Colvin-euvkq2. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, visits with Alan to talk about the books he's written on Corvette and other GM products, his history with the old Corvette Fever magazine and how he plans to revive the publication. Plus, listen to this podcast and register to win one of 3-two year subscriptions to Corvette Fever that we're giving away exclusively on this episode! Listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast and win a subscription to Corvette Fever magazine!!!
2 of 4 < >

SGTMAJ USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER Joins MECF As A Featured Forum Vendor.

Welcome to SGTMAJ USMC USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER! We are so happy to have you now join us as a MECF Featured Forum Vendor. We can not wait to help your new business grow. We know you will provide a great transport service to our members and others!
3 of 4 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

2020 C8 ME Funfest Seminar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 C8 ME Funfest Seminar

Click image for larger version  Name:	092018_13b.jpg Views:	1 Size:	52.0 KB ID:	10370

One of the seminars provided this weekend at Mid America Motorworks’ Corvette Funfest was one dedicated to the 2020 C8 Mid-Engine Corvette that was hosted by former Corvette Chief Engineer Dave McLellan.

Dave acknowledges that he is on the outside of the program looking in, but that he can offer some opinions on the 2020 ME based on experience as well as guesses.

Dave McLellan, retired Corvette Chief Engineer, presented his speculation on the coming Mid Engine Corvette at Funfest in Effingham, Illinois, on September 22 and again on September 23, 2018. Video clips that Mr. McLellan included in his presentation with regard to the C4 Sledgehammer, C4 ZR-1, and the record-setting Nurburgring Porche lap have been edited from this video.

Last edited by John; 09-22-2018, 10:06 AM.
    Senior Editor and Founder of CorvetteBlogger.com. I drive my dad's 1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible and the National Corvette Museum is my personal Graceland.

Thank you Dave McLellan,Corvette’s, 2nd Chief Corvette Engineer, for the presentation. Thank you very much [email protected]!

A huge thank you to Jagamajajaran for videoing the presentation for us all! Especially nice that you gave us an edited view that provides us with 100% of the C8 discussion, leaves out the rest. Greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by John; 09-22-2018, 01:13 PM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

And a similar BIG thank you to RedDropTop for posting a summary re the 2020 ME Corvette as presented by Dave McLellan, and specifically what Dave mentioned about the C8. Properly so, in full disclosure. Dave noted that he is far from connected from the 2020 ME program, that his comments are based on his involvement were earlier Corvette mid engine Corvette prototypes, and what he has recently/publicly seen and read about the car. We thank you RedDroptop, and our colleague Corvetteforum for being the source of those comments.

So with that intro, here we go...

Originally posted by RedDropTop
      2020 C8.. This is exciting! So we know what they refer to it as.

"It was emphasized many times that mid engine and some sort of awd system works best in a mid motor configuration." Great, they discussed "mid motor". Very good.

"DTC was mentioned more than once, 7 speed dtc was mentioned once." Okay, so they have admitted to DCT. Check.

"Electric and mechanical awd was discussed a lot." Yeah, as Lutz (and others) said back in 2015 that there would eventually be an electric motor in the front.

"NO V6 Dave then gave me a glare and said I needed to have my mouth washed out with soap for even bringing that up." Ha ha. That is funny. Okay, so we know it is definitely V8.

"All he said about price was the old GM mantra it will compare with today’s models but just what model that is was not mentioned." Okay. Good. Price attainable by current Corvette buyers.

"Nothing much else was said but they did have extensive videos of the car on the track in Germany." Cool! Actually showing video of the ME car! This is exciting!
      Last edited by John; 09-22-2018, 01:17 PM.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thank you very much [email protected]!
        Did you notice he kept calling it the "Zora" Corvette?
        Rapid Blue 3LT, HTC, Z51, HTO, D84, E60, FE4, J6F, ZYC, 5ZZ and 5W8.
        Built 11/19/2020
        Officially Ours: 11/27/2020

Comment

John, that wasn't me. It was C5driver.

Comment

I saw your post there, and did not go any further. Thank you.

Comment

I always thought that nonsense that the c8 was going to start at 150 grand was bull..

what numbnut would follow the failure of the acura NSX

first year out the nsx sold 791 examples...

year to date has been rumored a few months ago at NSX s sold...

glad to hear normal car pricing for the C8 standard model ..

now we just need to find out how much hp increase the standard engine gets..

usually i like to see a fifty hp increase in generations to motivate buyers but even if its only 30 ponies we are at least equalling fords new mustang bullit and dodges scat pack bith at 480 ish ..

id like to see at least 490 hp out of the standard c8 v8...500 would be better

im sorry to say 460would be a disappointment...

crazy but true...

Comment

I am one of the folks that believe the model that the C8 will most emulate for price is the Z06 up to the ZR1. There are simply too many forward thinking technological advancements on this car to be inexpensive. Now! What is "inexpensive?" Base at about $90k and go up to $150k or even more. That's my take.

Comment

Dave always does a GREAT job representing the Corvette even though he is no longer a 'GM insider'..... and he has always been a proponent for AWD going back to his C4 days. I'm sure that eventually we'll see that in the C8 but I don't believe it will come out of the box that way. Just another reason for all of us to start preparing for our second C8! (….or third if they slip in a 'wide body' RWD only model).
                  2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

AWD would make the ME my perfect dream car.

Comment

You deserve your perfect dream car. You probably not going to get it with AWD in 2020 however. But I know you have a great C7 Z06, and you have patience.
                      Last edited by John; 09-23-2018, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Dave McLellan clearly knew a lot more than he shared, though I understand why he was circumspect about what he shared. A good video to watch, though like all, I wish I had learned a little more new information from it.
                        Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X